Chickpea Salad with Cucumbers and Peppers is an easy salad made with chickpeas, chopped cucumbers, red bell peppers, baby spinach, fresh basil, and tossed with a zesty vinaigrette. This chickpea salad is not only vegan, gluten-free, and nut-free, it makes a delicious tasting salad to serve as a side dish all season long.
My daughter Lizzy loves Chickpea Salad and always orders one at her favorite health food store every time she’s in New York. She always begs me to make it for her all the time!
So when I decided to finally recreate this salad for her, the outcome was amazing!
Chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, are wonderful to keep in your kitchen pantry as a staple.
Other than making hummus, chickpeas which are high in protein, are wonderful to add some texture and flavor to a variety of salads.
And this salad is loaded with them, plus fresh vegetables! What could be better?
Fresh bell peppers along with fresh cucumbers not only add flavors but they add a nice crunch to this chickpea salad.
I love adding fresh basil to salads and especially in this one. It adds a refreshing flavor that is appealing to the palate and it’s perfect in my chickpea salad, so don’t leave it out.
This Chickpea Salad is colorful, flavorful and will stay fresh up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
You can serve as a side or maybe as an appetizer while you are preparing dinner. It’s definitely a unique salad, and a healthy one for sure!
Best served chilled. Try this recipe! It’s a keeper!
You may also want to try our String Beans and Chickpeas Salad as well!
For More Tasty Salads, try these…
… Thanks for Pinning and Sharing!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 1 ( 15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 small Persian cucumbers - cut into quarters
- a handful of fresh baby spinach - chopped
- 5 fresh basil leaves - chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper - diced into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Place rinsed chickpeas in a medium-size bowl. Toss in chopped cucumbers, baby spinach, basil leaves, and red bell pepper.
- Drizzle in extra virgin olive oil and 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar. Toss to combine.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste. Here is where you can add in more balsamic vinegar to your liking.
- Transfer to a serving salad bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours before serving. Best served chilled
- Yields: 4 to 6 servings
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 30