Chickpea Salad is easily made with chopped organic cucumbers, red bell peppers, baby spinach, balsamic vinegar, topped off with fresh basil and seasonings. This chickpea salad makes a wonderful summer salad to serve as a side dish and one that is super easy, delicious tasting and refreshing every time.
My daughter Lizzy loves Chickpea Salad and always orders one at her favorite health food store every time she is in New York. And she begs me all the time to make it for her.
I decided to finally recreate this salad as best as I could for her!
Other than making hummus, chickpeas are high in protein and are wonderful when added to a variety of salads.
Fresh bell pepper along with fresh organic cucumbers not only add flavors but are a nice crunch to this Chickpea Salad. I love adding fresh basil from my herb garden to this salad. It adds a refreshing flavor that is appealing to the palate and it is perfect in this Chickpea Salad.
You can serve this salad as a side dish or maybe as even one of your appetizers while you are preparing dinner. It’s definitely a different salad, and a healthy one for sure!
You may also want to try our String Beans and Chickpeas Salad as well!
… Thanks for Pinning!
Are you cooking and baking with us? If you try this recipe, let us know and leave a comment! Snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram @2sistersrecipes, and on Pinterest.
It makes us happy to see what you make!
Don’t forget to enter your email address in our ‘Subscribe Box’ and get our recipes FREE every time we post! Also, you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
Stay Happy and Healthy! 🙂
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 small Persian cucumbers - cut into quarters
- handful of fresh baby spinach - chopped
- 5 fresh basil leaves - chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper - diced into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Place rinsed chickpeas in a medium-size bowl. Toss in chopped cucumbers, baby spinach, basil leaves, and red bell pepper.
- Drizzle in extra virgin olive oil and 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar. Toss to combine.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste. Here is where you can add in more balsamic vinegar to your liking.
- Transfer to a serving salad bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours before serving. Best served chilled
- Yields: 4 to 6 servings