Easy Mediterranean Bean Salad is a delicious healthy salad loaded with a mixture of organic beans, black olives, and an array of vegetables. Tossed with a sweet-tangy vinaigrette, makes this easy Mediterranean bean salad so tasty… you’ll want to eat it all week long!
A wonderful source of protein, iron, and fiber, all in this simple and healthy salad!
The beans along with the vegetables absorb the flavors of the vinaigrette which gives them their sweet and tangy, yet refreshing taste!
Serve this bean salad, chilled and in a bowl all alone or on a bed of Romaine lettuce on a serving platter. It makes the perfect salad to serve as a side all season long.
Ingredients for our Easy Mediterranean Bean Salad…
For our bean salad, you will only need a handful of simple and staple ingredients:
A Mix of Beans – an assortment of organic beans will work best in this salad. I used 3 types of beans, red kidney, Northern white beans, and chickpeas. If you prefer, you can change them up and use your favorite beans in the salad.
Vegetables – fresh carrots, celery, sliced red onion, and organic corn kernels are also tossed in this salad. The fresh veggies give it fresh flavors, while the corn gives additional sweetness and color to this vibrant salad.
Olives – a small can of black ripe olives, already sliced, works great in this salad. Black olives give a mild flavor and are not overpowering.
Vinegar – apple cider vinegar works beautifully with the beans. You can also use red wine vinegar, which will work as well.
Olive Oil – it is best to use a good quality of extra virgin olive oil when making salad dressings, it will make this salad taste amazing!
Organic vs Non-Organic…
Organic: When buying beans, quality is very important, and buying organic canned beans is better than non-organic. And here’s why:
- no additives or preservatives are added.
- no additional sodium is added.
- organic canned beans offer more nutrition because they’re grown in healthier soil.
Non-Organic: We cannot control nor have the knowledge of the number of pesticides used and could be in the beans. It’s unknown and very concerning.
How to make this Mediterranean bean salad?
You’ll love the ease of preparing this salad. The key to this salad is allowing it to marinate before serving. This will create the BEST tasting bean salad ever! …and you will agree.
- First, toss all the beans, vegetables, and black olives into a large mixing bowl.
2. Next, whisk together the ingredients in a measuring cup to make the vinaigrette, and pour it into the salad.
3. Toss to combine and chill the salad for at least one hour before serving.
A great salad for…
- potluck dinners
- packing some for lunch
- adding to your weekly meal plan
Options to make it your own…
Swap out some ingredients and make it your own:
- toss in your favorite beans, like black beans
- toss in some crumbled feta cheese
- add your favorite olives
- add your preferred seasonings and herbs
- sliced green onions (aka scallions)
How long can we keep Mediterranean bean salad?
- This bean salad will stay fresh for up to one week. After that, the beans will start to break down and become mushy.
- Store this bean salad in a sealed container, and keep it chilled in the refrigerator to maintain freshness.
This is a great salad to make all year long! A super easy recipe is a definite keeper!
Additional easy recipes for salads…
- Dad’s Three Bean Salad
- Green Beans and Carrot Salad – Italian Style!
- Cucumbers and Vidalia Onion Salad
- Best Broccoli Salad (Keto)
- 1 can (15-ounce) of organic garbanzo beans - rinsed, drained
- 1 can (15-ounce) organic red kidney beans - rinsed, drained
- 14.5 ounce can of organic Northern white beans - rinsed, drained
- 1 can (15-ounce) organic corn kernels - rinsed, drained
- 2.25 ounce can of sliced ripe black olives - rinse, drained
- 1/2 red onion - finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 carrots - sliced or thinly chopped
- 2 celery stalks - sliced or chopped
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. of dried oregano
- generous pinch of cayenne pepper
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- optional: 2 Tbsp freshly chopped parsley
1. Rinse and drain all beans, corn kernels, and olives. Transfer them into a large mixing bowl.
2. Toss in the sliced carrots, celery, and red onion.
3. Make the vinaigrette, olive oil, vinegar, and seasonings. Whisk all the ingredients and pour the vinaigrette into the mixing bowl. Toss the salad with 2 large mixing spoons until well combined.
4. Taste the salad, and adjust the salt and black pepper, to taste. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
5. Cover with clear wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. Chill for several hours or overnight is best. Served chilled.
Serves: 8 to 10
This bean salad will get better in flavor the longer it marinates in the vinaigrette.
Also, before serving, give the salad a final toss and taste one last time. If you prefer the bean salad to have additional vinaigrette, you may add additional vinegar and olive oil.
Yield:8 to 10 servings
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 324Total Fat: 6.4gCarbohydrates: 52.6gFiber: 12.1gSugar: 2.9gProtein: 16.7g
Thanks for Pinning!
If you try our easy Mediterranean bean salad, let us know and leave us a comment below. Sharing your insights and experiences helps everyone who reads them, and helps us too!
Have fun and take a photo and share it on “Instagram” or “Pinterest” and tag or hashtag us. We’d love to share it with the world. 🙂
And, don’t forget to enter your email in our ‘Subscribe Box’ and be the first to get new recipes “FREE” every time we post a new recipe, and reminders of great older ones too!
Happy and Healthy Lifestyle! 🙂
thanks for stopping by…
xo anna and liz
PS… this recipe was one of our first recipes ever posted, back in June of 2011, and wanted to revise it. The recipe is the same, but all the photos and content have been updated. (these are some of the old photos)