Dad’s Three Bean Salad with Sweet Vinaigrette is his favorite salad! It’s made with organic red kidney beans, green beans, and Great Northern beans, then tossed in an apple-cider vinaigrette making this a very light and sweet tasting salad to serve throughout the season.
As temperatures start to rise and flowers bloom, we are ready to swap out the rich and hearty dishes for the light and fresh ones!
This is one of his favorite salads, and ours too. Dad loves this bean salad, and it makes him so happy every time we make it for him…it’s the little things nowadays that make him so happy.
This is one of his all-star favorites and ours too!
Dad loves this bean salad, and it makes him so happy every time we make it for him. It’s the little things nowadays that make him so happy.
This is a salad that requires no fuss and very little time to prepare. It’s made in less than 10 minutes.
You only have to steam the green beans before they are combined. Then add them to the canned beans that have been rinsed, and let them marinate with the sweet vinaigrette for a while.
We love this salad for many reasons. It’s fresh and light, quick and easy to make, very practical, and sensible to bring to any picnic or barbeque.
You can easily make this salad all year long. All the beans are really good for everyone, they offer some protein, while some are very high in fiber.
This is a wonderful salad, as it brings the essence of spring and summer to the table with its colors, texture, and taste. Best of all, it’s very healthy.
We hope you all had a wonderful Easter and Passover!!
We have some joyous news to share, our son has proposed to his beautiful girlfriend!
Another wedding is in the planning. We are so excited!
And, our daughter is expecting our third grandchild sometime in August!
Have a great day everyone!
Dad’s Three Bean Salad with Sweet Vinaigrette
1/2 pound fresh green beans- rinsed, ends removed
1 can (15 ounces) organic Kidney beans- rinsed
1 can( 15 ounces) organic Great Northern beans – rinsed
2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
dash of cayenne red pepper
Optional: 1 Tbsp. minced red onion
1. Place green beans in a medium pot with one inch of water. Sprinkle a 1/4 teaspoon of salt over them. Cover and bring to a low boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Turn off heat. Drain the water from the pot. Return the green beans to the pot and keep them covered.
3. Set aside to steam for additional 5 minutes. Taste greens beans, they should be tender to the bite. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients. Toss gently to combine. Taste, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
5. Transfer to a serving bowl. Chill in the refrigerator for a least 2 hours before serving.
6. Best served chilled or at room temperature.
Serves 4 to 6