Potato and Green Bean Salad make a delicious side dish to compliment any dish during the grilling season. Fresh ingredients like potatoes, green beans, red onions, capers, and oregano is what give this potato salad its bold flavors. Then it’s all tossed with a simple vinaigrette, creating a very light, zesty, and juicy salad in every bite. An Italian salad like this one is the ideal one to serve all season long.
Unlike other salads, Italian vegetable salads are not made with dairy. In fact, this Potato and Green Bean Salad is not loaded or weighed down with butter, sour cream, or mayonnaise.
Best of all? All the flavors in this potato salad pop!
The flavors of the potatoes along with the green beans actually come through naturally, making every bite more enjoyable!
You can really appreciate tasting the actual vegetable while eating this salad. Juicy, flavorful, and healthy – what’s not to love?
Nutritious and delicious, the extra virgin olive oil improves the flavor, giving it the earthy and richness it deserves – and in a healthy way! While the apple cider adds acidity making the potatoes juicy and zesty – enough to make it addicting!
And finally, adding in little seasonings give it the final touch!
Why we LOVE this potato and green bean salad…
Green beans, as well as potatoes, are rich in vitamins and minerals and both are naturally good sources of fiber.
No need to embellish these vegetables; clean eating means flavoring with a simple vinaigrette with simple seasonings.
A definite crowd-pleaser at gatherings.
And it’s the perfect side dish at every barbecue.
Best of all, you can make it ahead of time and serve it at room temperature (which is the way we prefer).
Potato and Green Bean Salad is a side dish the whole family will enjoy!
Serve it chilled, warm, or at room temperature. It’s delicious served either way.
…Thanks for Pinning!
More Tasty Vegetable Salads…
- 1 pound fresh green beans ( I used Haricots Verts)
- 4 large white potatoes
- 1 small sweet onion or red onion- finely sliced
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. capers
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot of boiling water. Boil potatoes ( with skins) until you can insert a knife easily through, about 20 minutes.
- Drain and run under cold water for a few minutes, to stop the cooking process. Set aside to cool completely.
- Next, remove green beans from the bag, give them a good rinse and toss them into a double steamer pot over boiling water and steam the beans for about 3 to 5 minutes. When beans are tender to the bite, remove, drain and set aside to cool.
- When potatoes are completely cooled. Gently remove the skins, then slice potatoes horizontally, into 1-inch size pieces.
- Transfer into a large salad bowl. Add the green beans and sliced onions.
- Pour in the olive oil, vinegar, cayenne pepper, and oregano. Toss in the capers and season with a little salt and pepper, to taste.
- Toss gently and taste to adjust the seasonings.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled. Best served at room temperature.
- Serves 6
Be careful to not over boil or over cook both the potatoes or the beans, or you will be left with a mushy salad. Also, let the salad sit on the counter for a few minutes or even a few hours before serving. This will allow the vinaigrette to get absorbed into the potatoes making them more juicy. To your preference, you can adjust the olive oil and vinegar, as needed.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 273Total Fat: 8.8gCarbohydrates: 45.3gProtein: 5.7g