Easy Broccoli and Cheese Quiche is a classic quiche that makes a savory breakfast or brunch addition! Fresh broccoli is steamed, chopped and mixed with eggs, light cream, Parmesan and cheddar cheeses. Then the mixture is poured into an already pie crust and baked until golden brown. Classic quiches are simple to whip up and can be tailored to our personal tastes.
A great idea to add to your brunch table on Mother’s Day!
How to Make an Easy Classic Quiche?
- Buy frozen pie crust, or make your own. Then you may pre-bake the crust until the rim begins to turn golden color before filling it with your mixture.
- Basic ingredients: Whisk 3 eggs, 1 + 1/4 cups of heavy cream or half & half, with 3/4 teaspoon of salt. You can use whole milk, but the cream will make the quiche much more decadent.
- Cook the vegetables you want to include before adding them to your filling. This is best also with breakfast meats and bacon, they should be cooked prior.
- Healthy raw greens can be tossed into the mix (baby kale, arugula, or spinach), but all should be chopped into bite-size pieces or smaller.
- Spread any fillings evenly on the bottom of your partially baked pie crust, then pour in the egg mixture on top of that.
- Bake at 350 degrees F, for about 30 minutes or more, until the center is set. Let it cool for a few minutes before cutting into it. Then serve it warm.
With the weather finally warming up everywhere, what better way to celebrate Mother’s Day this weekend with a delicious quiche that is so easy to make, bake and serve.
Easy Broccoli and Cheese Quiche is perfect for outdoor entertaining all season long!
You can serve them warm, or at room temperature. Perfect to bring on a picnic, family barbecue, potluck, or any gathering.
The broccoli is tender with every bite, while the melted cheeses are creamy and delicious.
All the flavors infuse into every forkful. So yummy!
Your family and friends will love this quiche.
For this recipe, you will need:
1 small head of broccoli
half & half
grated Parmesan cheese
shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 frozen 9-inch pie crust (or GF )
Try making your own mixture of vegetable fillings and cheeses, like our Mushroom and Sundried Tomato Quiche and our Spinach and Kale Quiche.
Quiches make a versatile dish that goes from the brunch table to a dinner table in a snap!
Easy Broccoli and Cheese Quiche is perfect to serve all year long!
They’re perfect for meatless Mondays, … and leftovers reheat beautifully too.
Try this recipe.
Here are a few more Brunch Ideas!
- Cinnamon Apple Coffee Cake
- EASY Pasta Salad with Bocconcini, Tomatoes & Basil
- Spinach and Parmesan Quiche
- Tuna-Stuffed Deviled Eggs
- Mushrooms and Sundried Tomato Quiche
- 5-Minute Mixed Berry Pie
- 1 small head of broccoli - coarsely chopped, rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion- chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 + 1/4 cups half & half
- 4 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 frozen 9-inch pie crust (no need to thaw)
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees (180 C). Lightly spray the bottom and of a ceramic baking dish.
- In a medium pot, fill with 2 cups of water and add the chopped broccoli. Cover and bring to a low boil and steam the broccoli for 2 to 3 minutes, until it turns bright green color. Drain. Transfer to a cutting board and allow to cool for a few minutes. Then begin to finely chop into small pieces and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small saute pan, heat olive oil and add onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook onion until golden, about 8 minutes. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs with half and a half and Parmesan cheese. Add onions and salt and pepper to the mixture. Set aside.
- Take 1 frozen pie crust from its package, and carefully remove from the foil pan and place the frozen crust into the prepared baking dish. Allow crust to thaw for 10 minutes. (Don't worry if the crust breaks apart, just crimp edges together, it all bakes together the same). Take a fork and prick the bottom and side thoroughly.
- Scatter a layer (1 cup) of shredded cheese on the bottom of the crust. Transfer the chopped broccoli on top of the cheese. Slowly pour the egg mixture into the crust. Scatter the remaining shredded cheddar cheese on top.
- BAKE for 32 to 38 minutes, until the top, is golden brown. The quiche will inflate while it's baking in the oven, then it will deflate as it cools after you take it out.
- Allow it to sit for a few minutes before serving. Serve warm.
- Serves 8
You can partially bake the piecrust for about 5 minutes before adding the filling, but I don't feel its necessary.
I prefer to take out the frozen piecrust and transfer it into my own pie baking dish for a prettier presentation.
Quiches can be served at room temperature. They are best when served warm.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 244Total Fat: 18.6gCarbohydrates: 8.3gFiber: 1.9gSugar: 1.9gProtein: 12.5g