Easy Broccoli and Cheese Quiche ~ is a classic quiche that makes a savory breakfast addition! Fresh broccoli is steamed then chopped and mixed with eggs, half and half, Parmesan and cheddar cheeses then poured into an already pie crust and baked until golden brown. Classic quiches are simple to whip up and can be tailored to our personal taste.
A great idea to add to your brunch table on Mother’s Day!
With the weather finally warming up every where, what better way to celebrate Mother’s Day this weekend with a delicious quiche that is so easy to make, bake and serve.
Easy Broccoli and Cheese Quiche like this one is perfect for outdoor brunching all season long!
Broccoli is tender with every bite, while the melted cheeses are creamy and delicious with every bite!
Try your own versions of vegetable fillings and cheeses. Quiches are a versatile dish that goes from the brunch table to a dinner table in a snap!
Here are some tips to Make a Classic Quiche:
Buy frozen piecrust or make your own and bake until the rim begins to color.
Whisk 3 eggs, 1 and 1/4 cups of heavy cream or half & half with 3/4 tsp. of salt. You can use whole milk, but cream make the quiche much more decadent.
Cook the vegetables you want to include your fulling to ensure an extra creamy custard.
Arrange fillings in your partially baked pie crust and pour in the egg mixture.
Bake at 325 F for about 30 minutes, or until the center is set. Let cool and serve warm.
Easy Broccoli and Cheese Quiche is perfect to serve all year long!
Here are a few more Brunch Ideas from 2SR archives:
Easy Broccoli and Cheese Quiche
Author: 2 sisters recipes
Recipe type: Dinner / Breakfast / Brunch
Easy Broccoli and Cheese Quiche ~ makes a light meal anytime! Fresh broccoli mixed with eggs, half and half, Parmesan cheese and cheddar cheese then poured into an already pie crust and baked until golden brown is ideal for a meatless meal, breakfast or brunch.
- 1 small head of broccoli - coarsely chopped, rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion- chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 + ¼ cups half & half
- 4 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 1 frozen 9-inch pie crust (no need to thaw)
- Preheat oven to 325 F degrees. Lightly spray the bottom and of a ceramic baking dish.
- In a medium pot, fill with 2 cups of water and add the chopped broccoli. Cover and bring to a low boil and steam the broccoli for 2 to 3 minutes, until it turns bright green color. Drain. Transfer to a cutting board and allow to cool for a few minutes. Then begin to finely chop into small pieces and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small saute pan, heat olive oil and add onion, season with salt and pepper and cook onion until golden, about 8 minutes. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs with half and half and Parmesan cheese. Add onions and salt and pepper to the mixture. Set aside.
- Take 1 frozen pie crust from its package, and carefully remove from foil pan and place frozen crust into the prepared baking dish. (Don't worry if the crust breaks apart, it all bakes together the same).
- Lightly smear 2 tablespoons of sour cream on the bottom of the crust. Then scatter a layer (1 cup) of shredded cheese on top. Transfer the chopped broccoli on top of the cheese. Slowly pour the egg mixture into the crust. Scatter the remaining shredded cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for 35 to 38 minutes, until the top is golden brown. The quiche will inflate while it's baking in the oven, then it will deflate when you take it out.
- Allow it to sit for a few minutes before serving. Serve warm.
- Serves 8
You can partially bake the piecrust for about 5 minutes before adding the filling, but I don't feel its necessary. I prefer to take out the frozen piecrust and transfer it into my own pie baking dish for a prettier presentation. Quiches can be served at room temperature. They are best when served warm.