Green Beans and Carrot Salad-Italian Style!
Getting tired of just eating leafy green salads? Then try a refreshing veggies salad, like our Green Beans and Carrot Salad – Italian Style as an alternative! Grilling season is here and what better way to serve family and friends something totally different from the usual baked beans and corn as a side dish?
Green Beans and Carrot Salad – Italian Style is easy, fresh, and healthy!
A simple side dish that is easily made with steamed fresh green beans and tender carrots and tossed with some fresh garlic and a simple sweet apple cider vinaigrette.
A very tasty and definitely low-calorie recipe, and one you can enjoy making all year long!
Fresh garlic is the secret ingredient that gives a depth of flavor to these vegetables. And it will keep everyone guessing what’s in this salad. So don’t leave it out.
We grew up with this salad. And as kids, we hated vegetables, but we had no choice when dinner came around. And our mom had an incredible way of getting the family to eat as many vegetables as possible.
Nowadays, we appreciate these dishes and make them for our families as well.
Your family and friends will LOVE this vegetable salad.
The flavors are amazing! It is even better if you chill it overnight and allow the cider-garlic vinaigrette to marinate the carrots and green beans.
Green Beans and Carrot Salad is a perfect salad to serve as a side dish with any meat or fish entrée. You can try making this salad using rainbow carrots for additional color and flavor.
Also, try adding or mixing other vegetables to this salad as well, even add more or less vinaigrette to your liking!
Please PIN it to your SALAD Board!! … and thanks for stopping by!
Also, try a few more yummy veggie salads!
- Potato and Green Bean Salad
- String Beans and Chickpeas Salad
- Best Broccoli Salad (Keto)
- Italian Cauliflower Salad
- Maria’s Best Carrot Salad
- Chickpea Salad
- Beets and Mango Salad
- Grilled Zucchini Salad Neapolitan Style!
If you try our delicious salad, let us know and leave a comment and a star rating below on our recipe card! We’d love to hear from you! 🙂
For more ideas and delicious recipes, follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter!
Don’t forget to enter your email address in our ‘ Weekly Subscribe Newsletter Box’ and get our new recipes FREE every time we post, and a reminder of great older ones too!
Yield: 8 to 10
Green Beans and Carrot Salad-Italian Style!
Green Beans and Carrot Salad- Italian Style is easy, fresh and healthy! A simple side dish that is easily made with steamed fresh green beans and tender carrots and tossed with some fresh garlic and a simple sweet apple cider vinaigrette.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 3 large carrots
- 1 pound fresh green beans or french green beans, rinsed
- 2 to 3 large garlic cloves - diced
- 1/2 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra
- 1/4 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar, plus extra
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- generous pinch of dried oregano
- Peel and cut carrots into a rectangular shape, about 2 inches in length. Place them into a medium-size pot and fill with water enough to cover the carrots. Bring to a boil and add some salt. Cover and boil for 3 minutes, or until they are tender when you poke a fork through them and to the bite. Do not over boil them, or you will get mushy carrots.
- Drain, and run them under cold water for about 1 minute to stop the cooking. Set aside and allow them to cool completely.
- Cut most of the green beans in half (especially ones that are longer than 3 inches in length). Using the same pot used for the carrots, place green beans with 1/2 inch of water on the bottom. Add some salt and cover with a lid. Bring water to a low boil for 2 minutes, until they turn a dark green color. Turn off heat, carefully drain the water from the pot, and return back to the stove. Cover and steam green beans for 2 to 3 minutes, until they are tender to the bite. Remove, drain completely and set aside to cool down.
- In a large mixing bowl. Add green beans and carrots together. Add garlic, olive oil, apple cider vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste and add a generous pinch of dried oregano. Gently toss and mix until well combined. Taste and adjust the seasonings to your preference.
- Just before serving. You may need to add more olive oil and apple cider vinegar to taste, since the carrots will absorb some of the vinaigrette, leaving the salad a little dry.
- Serve at room temperature or chill for one hour before serving.
- Serves 6 to 8
Be careful not to over boil the carrots or over steam the beans or you will get a mushy salad. Allow the salad to sit in the fridge for a while before serving.
At times, I like to drizzle more olive oil and apple cider vinegar just before serving to ensure the salad is well dressed and moist.
Yield:6 to 8 servings
Serving Size:1 serving (1 cup)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 138Total Fat: 12.7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 22mgCarbohydrates: 6.8gFiber: 2.6gSugar: 2.2gProtein: 1.3g
sounds like a great idea to leave it overnight. this looks colourful and healthy.
Yes, it’s best to leave it a few hours before serving, or overnight will work too. Thank you so much Sherry!
The colours look marvellous together and I love the addition of cider!
Thank s so much Sandra!
Thanks so much Susan. It’s the fresh garlic that gives this veggies salad its unique flavor. Enjoy and have a great week!
It looks so fresh and delicious, Anna! The dressing sounds so good.
Thanks so much Susan! It’s the fresh garlic that gives this veggies salad its unique flavor. Enjoy and have a great week!
I love the sound of this and have never heard of this combination. Love the apple cider vinegar dressing – yum! Be sure to stop by this week and enter my giveaway 🙂
so fresh and perfect for summer. Good luck with the move!
this is a great appetizer for me, and it is healthy too, I need to shed some pounds and I think I this is a great recipe keep thanks.
your welcome! We love it too, especially since we started weight-watchers program.