Deliciously sweet and tart flavors shine through in these Raspberry Lemon Crumble Bars! Made with fresh raspberries, lingonberry jam, lemon zest, butter, and flour, this recipe can be baked in about 30 minutes. The ease of preparation makes these Raspberry Lemon Crumble Bars a lovely dessert you can whip up just hours before guests arrive.
There’s something about raspberries baked in a simple crust that brings a smile to everyone! Yes, it’s true.
This easy-to-make dessert is loaded with fresh raspberry flavor with a hint of fresh lemon and some extra tartness from the lingonberry jam.
It’s no wonder why these raspberry lemon crumble bars disappear quickly every time we serve them.
Our two favorite flavors are raspberries and lemon, and it’s perfect combining these two flavors into desserts. This time, I decided to add in some of my favorite lingonberry jam to give the recipe a little twist and add more depth of flavor.
This addition results in making the bars just a little bit more tart, and still delicious!
Lingonberry is a wild berry that is sour or tart and is related to the cranberry and can be found as a “jam” in most supermarkets.
This simple recipe uses the same buttery crumble mixture for both the crust and the topping, making this dessert quick and ready to bake in 2 easy steps.
How To Make Raspberry Lemon Crumble Bars:
First, make the crumble mixture, which doubles as the crumble topping. Then pat about half (or more) of the crumble mixture on the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Set aside about at least 1 heaping cup of the mixture for the topping.
Next, make the raspberry and lemon filling. Then spread an even layer of the raspberry mixture over the bottom crust. Then top with the remaining crumble mixture.
Now it is ready to bake. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes. Once baked, these raspberry bars need to cool for at least 2 hours or more before cutting into them.
Your taste buds will savor its buttery, soft crust along with a buttery soft crumble on top.
Everyone will love experiencing the sweet and tart flavors of raspberry with a light refreshing undertone of lemon flavor.
They turned out so delicious, you’ll want to make these scrumptious bars all year long. The perfect dessert to serve at a special event or brunch, yet they are so comforting to eat at home as a treat.
Store them in a sealed container. They will stay fresh at room temperature up to 3 days, or in the fridge for up to one week.
Serve them chilled or at room temperature. They freeze well too, up to one month.
… Thanks for Pinning!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
For the Crust and Crumble Topping:
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- zest of one large lemon ( at least 2 Tbsp.)
- 1 cup (8-ounces or 2 sticks cold unsalted butter, cut into chunks)
- 1 large egg
For the Filling:
- juice of 1 lemon ( about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 cups (6-ounce) fresh raspberries- mashed with a fork
- 4 Tbsp. Lingonberry Jam
- Preheat Oven to 375 F. Grease a 9 X 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, baking soda, flour, salt, and lemon zest. Cut the butter and egg into the flour mixture with a pastry cutter. Or you can use your hands to crumble the mixture. The dough will be very crumbly. Take only about 2/3 of the crumble mixture into the prepared baking pan and pat down firmly in an even layer. Reserve the other 1/3 for the topping.
For the Raspberry Filling:
- Toss together the lemon juice, sugar, cornstarch, lingonberry jam, and raspberries until well combined. Pour the raspberry mixture on top of the crumbled crust in an even layer. And spoon any remaining lemon juice in the bowl on top of the raspberries.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the top and sides of the crust are a golden color.
- Allow cooling completely at room temperature before cutting into bars and serving. Or chill before cutting into bars. Then cut into bars and serve.
- Yields:15 to 18 bars
Serving Size:2 bars
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 242
Looking for more fruit-filled crumble bars?
Try our Blackberry Lemon Crumble Bars!
…and our Strawberry Pineapple Crumble Bars…