Deliciously sweet and tart flavors shine through in these Raspberry Lemon Crumble Bars! Made with fresh raspberries, lingonberry jam, lemon zest, butter, and flour, this recipe can be baked in about 30 minutes. The ease of preparation makes these Raspberry Lemon Crumble Bars a lovely dessert you can whip up just hours before guests arrive.
There’s something about raspberries baked in a simple crust that brings a smile to everyone! Yes, it’s true.
This easy-to-make dessert is loaded with fresh raspberry flavor with a hint of fresh lemon and some extra tartness from the lingonberries.
It’s no wonder why these raspberry lemon crumble bars disappear quickly every time we serve them.
Our two favorite flavors are raspberries and lemon, and it’s perfect combining these two flavors into desserts. This time, I decided to add in some of my favorite lingonberry jam to give the recipe a little twist and add more depth of flavor.
This addition results in making the bars just a little bit more tart, and still delicious!
Lingonberry is a wild berry that is sour or tart and is related to the cranberry and can be found as a “jam” in most supermarkets.
This simple recipe uses the same buttery crumble mixture for both the crust and the topping, making this dessert quick and ready to bake in 2 easy steps.
How To Make Raspberry Lemon Crumble Bars:
First, make the crumble mixture. Then pat about half (or more) of the crumble mixture on the bottom of the baking dish.
Next, spread an even layer of the raspberry mixture and top with the remaining crumble mixture.
Now it is ready to bake. Bake for about 30 minutes.
Your taste buds will savor its buttery, soft crust along with a buttery soft crumble on top. Everyone will love experiencing the sweet and tart flavors of raspberry with a light refreshing undertone of lemon flavor.
They turned out so delicious, you’ll want to make these scrumptious bars all year long.
Serve them chilled or at room temperature. They freeze well too!
… Thanks for Pinning!
Hello friends! Are you baking with us? If you try our raspberry lemon crumble bars recipe, let us know and leave a review with a 5-star rating in our recipe card!
For more delicious dessert recipes, follow us on Instagram and on Pinterest!
Don’t forget to enter your email address in our ‘Subscribe Box’ and get our recipes FREE every time we post new recipes, and reminders of great older ones too! Also, you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter too!
Happy Baking! 🙂
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
For the Crust and Crumble Topping:
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- zest of one large lemon ( at least 2 Tbsp.)
- 1 cup (8-ounces or 2 sticks cold unsalted butter, cut into chunks)
- 1 large egg
For the Filling:
- juice of 1 lemon ( about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 cups (6-ounce) fresh raspberries- mashed with a fork
- 4 Tbsp. Lingonberry Jam
- Preheat Oven to 375 F. Grease a 9 X 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, baking soda, flour, salt, and lemon zest. Cut the butter and egg into the flour mixture with a pastry cutter. Or you can use your hands to crumble the mixture. The dough will be very crumbly. Take only about half or 2/3 of the crumble mixture into the prepared baking pan and pat down firmly in an even layer. Reserve the other half or 1/3 for the topping.
For the Raspberry Filling:
- Toss together the lemon juice, sugar, cornstarch, lingonberry jam, and raspberries until well combined. Pour the raspberry mixture on top of the crumbled crust in an even layer. And spoon any remaining lemon juice in the bowl on top of the raspberries.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the top and sides of the crust are a golden color.
- Allow cooling completely at room temperature before cutting into bars and serving. Or chill before cutting into bars. Then cut into bars and serve.
- Yields:15 to 18 bars
Looking for more fruit-filled crumble bars?
Try our Blackberry Lemon Crumble Bars!