Lemon Blueberry Crumble Bars are buttery soft, moist, and loaded with fresh blueberries. With underlying flavors of lemon and blueberry, making these bars so delicious! Plus, they will melt-in-your-mouth with every bite! Serve them at room temperature or serve them warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top and everyone will go bonkers after one bite!
These bars are the easiest thing to make and take with you to any gathering, picnic, or even pot luck. You only need 10 minutes to prep and 30 minutes to bake.
Made with wholesome ingredients, these scrumptious bars are made with butter, egg, sugar, flour, baking powder, lemon zest, lemon juice, and fresh blueberries.
Lemon Blueberry Crumble Bars are perfect with a cup of coffee in the morning!
The sweetness is not overpowering and the flavors are well balanced with a hint of lemon enhancing the flavor of the blueberries.
So delicious! My husband described it as one of the finest breakfast treats he has ever had in a long time.
Only 3 Easy Steps To Make Lemon Blueberry Crumble Bars:
1. First, make the buttery crust in one easy step, which also doubles as the crumble topping. Then pat more than half of the crumble mixture on the bottom of your baking pan. Reserve about 1 cup of the mixture for the topping.
2. Next, make the blueberry filling. Then pour the blueberry mixture on top of the crust. And sprinkle with the remaining crumble on top, then bake for about 30 minutes.
3. Finally, after baking this dessert, I prefer to wait until it cools completely, about 2 hours or more before cutting them into squares. This will help to ensure they won’t fall apart while cutting them into bars, making it easier to serve them. And no mess.
Your family and friends will LOVE these lemon blueberry crumble bars!
This is not only a delicious recipe but one you will enjoy making over and over again. They taste so fancy. They make the perfect summertime treat to serve at any luncheon or brunch.
These blueberry bars will stay fresh up to 3 days at room temperature and longer if kept in a sealed container in the refrigerator. They freeze well too, up to one month!
With an abundance of fresh blueberries in season, I hope you will try these bars and enjoy them as much as we do!
KITCHEN ITEMS I USED:
…THANKS for PINNING!!
More Tasty Desserts with Lemon … try these!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
For the Crust and Crumbs Topping:
- 1 cup ( 200 grams) sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 cups ( 390 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Zest of one large lemon (at least 2 Tbsp.)
- 1 cup (8 ounces or 225 grams or 2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 1 large egg
For the Filling:
- Juice of 1 lemon ( about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) sugar
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 cups (1 pint) fresh blueberries
- Preheat Oven to 375 F. Grease a 9 X 13-inch baking pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, baking powder, flour, salt and lemon zest. Cut the butter and egg into the flour mixture with a pastry cutter. Or you can use your hands to crumble the mixture. Dough will be very crumbly. Pat more than half of the crumble mixture into the prepared pan. Set aside about 1 cup or more for the crumble topping.
For the Filling:
- Toss together the lemon juice, sugar, cornstarch and blueberries until well combined. Pour the blueberries mixture on top the crumbled crust in an even layer. And spoon any remaining lemon juice in the bowl on top as well. Then, sprinkle the remaining crumbs mixture over the blueberries.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the top and sides are golden. Allow cooling at room temperature before cutting them into bars. Serve at room temperature, or chilled if you like.
- Yields: 15 to 18 bars
Serving Size:2 bars
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 292