Lemon Blueberry Crumble Bars. Loaded with blueberries, these Lemon Blueberry Crumble Bars are buttery soft, moist and blueberry delicious with an underlying flavor of lemon. Serve them at room temperature or serve them warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top and everyone will go bonkers after one bite!
These bars are the easiest thing to make and take with you to any gathering, picnic, or even pot luck. You only need 10 minutes to prep and 30 minutes to bake. Made with wholesome ingredients. These bars are made with butter, 1 egg, some sugar, flour, baking powder, lemon zest, lemon juice and fresh blueberries. That’s it!
Lemon Blueberry Crumble Bars go perfect with a cup of coffee in the morning!
The sweetness is not overpowering and the flavors are well balanced with a hint of lemon enhancing the flavor of the blueberries.
So delicious ! My husband described it as one the finest desserts he has ever had in a long time.
First, make the dough in one easy step. Then pat half of the crumble mixture into your baking pan.
Next, pour the blueberry mixture on top of the crust, then with the remaining crumble on top and bake.
After baking these bars, I like to wait until they cool completely, then cut them into squares. This will ensure them from falling apart, making it easier to serve them. And no mess.
They all freeze well too!
I love making these crumble bars and of course with the abundance of fresh berries out there in season, you can make so many different flavors. Enjoy!!
THANKS for PINNING!!
Love Lemon and Blueberry recipes?
You may want to try our Light & Fluffy Lemon Blueberry Waffles.
Kitchen Items I enjoy using:
Lemon Blueberry Crumble Bars
Author: 2 sisters recipes
Recipe type: Snack / Dessert
Serves: 15 to 20 bars
Loaded with blueberries, these Lemon Blueberry Crumble Bars are buttery soft, moist and blueberry delicious with an underlying flavor of lemon. Serve them at room temperature or serve them warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top and everyone will go bonkers after one bite!
For the Crust and Crumbs Topping:
- 1 cup ( 200 grams) sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 cups ( 390 grams) all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Zest of one large lemon (at least 2 Tbsp.)
- 1 cup (8 ounces or 225 grams) cold unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 1 large egg
For the Filling:
- Juice of 1 lemon ( about ¼ cup)
- ½ cup (100 grams) sugar
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 cups (1 pint) fresh blueberries
- Preheat Oven to 375 F. Grease a 9 X 13-inch baking pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, baking powder, flour, salt and lemon zest. Cut the butter and egg into the flour mixture with a pastry cutter. Or you can use your hands to crumble the mixture. Dough will be very crumbly. Pat only half of the crumble into the prepared pan. Set the other half aside for the topping.
For the Filling:
- Toss together the lemon juice, sugar, cornstarch and blueberries until well combined. Pour the blueberries mixture on top the crumbled crust in an even layer. And spoon any remaining lemon juice in the bowl on top as well. Then, sprinkle the other half of the remaining crumbs over the blueberries.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the top and sides are golden. Allow to cool to room temperature before cutting and serving.
- Yields: 15 to 18 bars
Recipe slightly adapted from All Recipes.com