Lemon Raspberry Panna Cotta Cheesecake is a superb, “no-bake” dessert made with two flavors, lemon, and raspberry and set over a ginger-flavored cookie crust. This fabulous new recipe is adapted from our classic panna cotta dessert, only it’s in a pie version and it goes together in three easy steps!
It’s a combination of our 2 favorite desserts! Combining both cheesecake and panna cotta!
The top layer is the bonus and the star of this dessert! Adapted from our classic panna cotta recipe, only it’s a lemon flavor bottom topped with a delicious flavor of raspberry – makes a perfect combination in this pie version!
The layer of the panna cotta is blended with raspberries, giving it a pretty pink-ish color while it adds a lovely sweet-tart flavor.
After one bite – you’ll be hooked for life!
Everyone will notice there are three distinctive flavors in this fabulous dessert: lemon, raspberry, and ginger. All of which is surprisingly subtle in this pie version, but they all work very well together.
Lemon Raspberry Panna Cotta Cheesecake is a sensational crowd-pleasing dessert!
Best of all, this dessert is so amazingly light and airy, its unique velvety texture is pure heaven. So don’t be surprised when your guests ask you for a second serving. 🙂
This Lemon Raspberry Panna Cotta Cheesecake turned out to be an exquisite dessert! No-fuss and it can be made up to 2 days ahead.
It’s perfect to serve for festive occasions and gatherings. Everyone will rave about it!
It’s a definite winner!
Ingredients Needed (your shopping list):
For the Crust and Filling:
ginger snap cookies (or use Gluten-Free)
2 envelopes of unflavored gelatin (by Knox)
zest of 1 lemon
fresh blueberries and strawberries, as a garnish
Three Easy Steps To Make This Panna Cotta Cheesecake!
1. First, make the crust, set the crumbs mixture into a 9-inch or 10-inch springform pan, and bake it for 5 to 8 minutes. Then set it aside.
2. Second, make the cheesecake filling. Easily blending the ingredients in a blender and chill for at least one hour before adding the raspberry layer on top.
3. The last step, make the raspberry panna cotta, following the directions in our recipe card, and pour it over the cheesecake and chill for a few hours or overnight before serving.
My Lemon Raspberry Panna Cotta Cheesecake is not only a beautiful dessert, but it also conveys a sense of your occasion.
But everyone knows – you don’t need an occasion to make a dessert like this one, right?
… Thanks for Pinning!
You might also enjoy some of these lovely desserts:
For the Crust :
- ½ cup salted butter (one stick) melted
- 1 cup Ginger Snap crumbs (about 20 small cookies)
- 1 cup Graham Cracker crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 package (8-ounce) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 pint (2 cups) heavy cream
- 1 small envelope (1-ounce) unflavored gelatin (by Knox)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 ¼ cups sour cream
- ½ lemon juiced
- zest of 1 lemon
Raspberry Panna Cotta Layer:
- 1 + 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 -ounce unflavored gelatin (used half of the envelope)
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
Garnish on top:
- fresh blueberries and fresh strawberries
To make the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine both crumbs, sugar, and butter. Transfer to a 9-inch or 10-inch springform pan. Using a small cup to press the mixture into the pan and up the sides.
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes. Until lightly golden and set it aside to cool.
Panna Cotta Cheesecake Filling:
- In a small pot, pour 1/2 cup of heavy cream and sprinkle gelatin on top and let stand for 2 minutes. Turn on heat to low, and heat cream for about 2 minutes, stirring until gelatin has dissolved. Add vanilla, sugar, and remaining heavy cream. Simmer for about 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring until sugar completely dissolves and cream is well heated through, but not boiling. Turn off heat.
- In the meantime, into an electric blender or food processor, add cream cheese, sour cream, lemon zest, and lemon juice and blend for 1 minute.
- Pop open the small lid on top of the blender and slowly pour the hot cream mixture (panna cotta) to combine with the cold ingredients. Blend on the lowest speed first, then gradually on to the highest speed for at least 5 minutes.
- Slowly pour the creamy mixture into the crust and refrigerate uncovered for 1 hour.
For Raspberry Layer:
- Using the same small saucepot, heat 1 cup of heavy cream with gelatin, vanilla, and sugar. Heat on medium heat until sugar and gelatin are completely dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Toss raspberries into a blender, remove the small lid on top, and SLOWLY pour the hot cream into the blender with the frozen raspberries and blend on low speed for about 1 minute, then blend on highest speed for 2 minutes more.
- Remove the cheesecake from the refrigerator and gently pour the raspberry panna cotta on top and cover the entire surface, use the back of a spoon to help.
- Place the dessert back into the refrigerator and chill until the top layer cools completely, about 1/2 hour.
- Then cover it with foil or clear wrap, and continue to chill for an additional 2 hours, or more. Or chill overnight is best.
When Ready to Serve:
- Garnish and decorate on top with fresh blueberries and sliced strawberries.
- Take a clean knife and gently slide the knife around the outer rim of the dessert. Open the clip and remove the springform pan. Place the entire dessert (do not remove the bottom of the pan) onto a large serving platter and slice into individual servings as needed.
- Yields: 8 to 10 servings
A Cook's Notes:
I used frozen raspberries but you can certainly use fresh ones.
It's best to decorate the top with fresh berries the day you plan to serve this dessert. This will ensure the berries will always look fresh and not wilt on top. Fresh berries should be dried (not wet) before placing them on top. Decorating with berries on top is fun! So go for it and be creative!
Also, the time to make this dessert does not include the time to chill the first half of the cheesecake.
This is our favorite 10-inch Spring Form Pan we prefer to use for this dessert.
If you make our delicious lemon raspberry panna cotta cheesecake, please let us know and leave a comment and a 5-star rating below. We’d love to hear from you!
For more delicious dessert ideas, follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter!
Also, NEVER MISS our Recipes! Subscribe to 2 Sisters Recipes Weekly Newsletter and get all new posts FREE, and reminders of some great older ones too!
Stay Healthy and Happy! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!
xo Anna and Liz