Classic Panna Cotta is a delightful light and creamy pudding dessert. Panna cotta, an Italian dessert, translated means “cooked cream”, and is served chilled and can be easily prepared and enjoyed at home. Panna cotta can be made in advance and it’s even more delicious when you serve it with fresh ripe berries on top.
Classic panna cotta is a very inexpensive dessert that originated in Italy. It was a simple idea that became a huge dessert! An idea to cook some cream with sugar and gelatin, then chill it to get a white pudding-like texture.
Then over the years many restaurants and chefs adapted this dessert into pretty molds and served panna cotta with fresh berries or melted chocolate on top to make it elegant and more impressive. Later, this brilliant idea became a widely popular dessert.
What is so fabulous about panna cotta is that you can easily make it in your kitchen and for a fraction of what you would pay in a restaurant, and you don’t need any cooking skills or training to make this.
An exquisite dessert with its smooth pudding-like texture, Classic Panna Cotta is one dessert you will want to make it again and again, without a doubt. It is irresistible!
If you never had one before, we highly recommend you try this recipe. With only 4 ingredients and 5 minutes to cook the mixture, is all it takes to make this dreamy dessert.
This recipes makes 6 small servings.
Here, I decided to chill mine in 4-ounce cordial glasses ( you can also use 4-ounce ramekins). Then I topped each one with freshly chopped strawberries just before serving, and garnished with a fresh mint leaf.
It makes a beautiful presentation, and perfect to serve at dinner parties. Best of all, the cost to make panna cotta is pretty cheap too; about five dollars to make it at home.
A perfect little treat and one you can make all year long. Plus, a single serving of this dessert is only 151 calories!!
So go ahead and splurge on this amazing panna cotta and enjoy!!
Don’t forget to PIN and SHARE!! … and Thank you so much!
Hello friends! If you make this delicious dessert, let us know and leave a comment below! It helps everyone who reads them and helps us too!
We’d love to see what you cook!
Don’t forget to enter your email in our ‘Subscribe Box’ and receive new recipes FREE every time we post!
Classic Panna Cotta
Author: 2 sisters recipes
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 6 servings
Classic Panna Cotta is a delightful light and creamy pudding dessert. Panna cotta, an Italian dessert, translated means "cooked cream", and is served chilled and can be easily prepared and enjoyed at home.
- 2 cups half and half ( I used Land O' Lakes )
- 1 envelope of unflavored gelatin Knox( about 1 tablespoon)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 6 freshly chopped strawberries- divided
- fresh mint leaves, as garnish
- In a small saucepan, pour in the half and half, then sprinkle the gelatin powder over the cream and let it stand for about 1 minute to soften.
- Turn on the heat to low heat, and heat the cream and gelatin until it starts to dissolve. Stir in the sugar and raise the heat to medium and bring the half and half mixture to a low boil, stirring until the sugar and gelatin are completely dissolved, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Allow the cream mixture to cool for a few minutes before dividing.
- Divide cream into six ½-cup (4-ounce) cordial glasses.
- Chill for at least 4 hours before serving, or overnight.
- Then serve with a spoonful of freshly chopped strawberries on top, and garnish each one with a fresh mint leaf. Serve them chilled.
- Yields: 6 servings
Also, try our Dairy-Free Vanilla Toasted Almond Panna Cotta. It too is amazingly creamy and tastes like our favorite Good Humor Toasted Almond Bars.