Authentic Tzatziki Sauce is a Greek yogurt sauce used for dipping or as a condiment to serve with grilled meats. It’s made with simple ingredients like Greek Yogurt, vinegar, garlic, dill, and minced zucchini. Simple, and delicious with a zesty taste!
The Back Story To Our Tzatziki Sauce Recipe…
Years ago, we took a trip to Greece and discovered this staple dish in Greek cuisine. During our stay, I asked the hotel chef for the recipe. He was so kind to tell me the ingredients.
After our return, I started making it for parties and family get-togethers.
This tzatziki sauce makes the perfect appetizer or condiment to serve all year long.
Some Notes and Tips about Authentic Tzatziki Sauce:
- The tzatziki sauce is a thick, creamy sauce made with healthy ingredients.
- It’s always best to use plain Greek yogurt for the best flavor.
- The minced zucchini gives this yogurt sauce a wonderful texture and fresh taste.
- As a dip, or a condiment you can easily make it ahead, or the night before.
- It takes about 10 minutes to whip up, and there is no cooking involved.
- No salt, no pepper is needed. But if you prefer, you can add a pinch to taste.
- It’s best served chilled.
- Tzatziki sauce will stay fresh for up to 3 days if kept chilled in a sealed container.
Also, we have another variation of the tzatziki sauce recipe, it’s our Turkey Burgers with Fresh Tzatziki Sauce. It’s made with a few different ingredients, but nevertheless, it is delicious-tasting as well.
*Full recipe card below!
How to Make Authentic Tzatziki Sauce?
For this tzatziki sauce recipe, you will need the following 7-ingredients:
- plain Greek yogurt
- fresh garlic clove minced
- red wine vinegar
- dried or fresh dill
- extra virgin olive oil
- a small piece of zucchini to mince
- some kalamata olives to toss on top, as garnish
Directions to Make Tzatziki Sauce…
- Mince Zucchini: It is a good idea to mince zucchini in a mini chopper or food processor. It’s so much easier than shredding.
2. Next, add all 7 ingredients into a small mixing bowl, and whisk all together until well combined. Taste, and adjust for additional dill or red wine vinegar.
3. Then Chill! Serve with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a few olives on top as garnish.
This is a great recipe for Tzatziki Sauce. Your family and friends will devour this creamy dip in a matter of minutes.
BEST tzatziki sauce we have ever made! With creamy, tangy, and zesty flavors, you’ll get hooked after your first bite.
We have served it many times with some warm pitas, crackers, and even veggie sticks, as an appetizer. Place it next to your charcuterie board and watch it disappear!
Go ahead and add it to your table as a condiment to spread on some of your grilled burgers, lamb, steak, grilled vegetables, chicken kabobs, and more. Your family will love this sauce!
Serve it chilled. It’s the best! Try this recipe, it’s easy and delicious!
Thanks for Pinning!
Options to serve Tzatziki Sauce…
- Perfectly Grilled Asparagus
- Grilled Ginger-Lime Chicken Kabobs
- How to Grill Zucchini Perfectly
- Lamb Chops Grilled To Perfection
Additional Easy Recipes for Dips…
- Everything Baked Potato Dip
- Carrot and Spinach Dip
- Best Loaded BLT Dip
- Easy Knorr Spinach Dip
- Baked Artichoke and Spinach Dip
- Easy Cold Spinach Dip
- 1 + 1/4 cups of Plain O-Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup minced zucchini ( about 1/4 of a zucchini)
- 1 garlic clove - minced
- 4 tsp. of dried or fresh dill, and extra to taste
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil. and extra to garnish
- Kalamata olives or an assortment of Greek olives, to garnish
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together, Greek yogurt, garlic, zucchini, dill, red wine vinegar, and olive oil.
- Stir until it is well combined. Then chill for at least 30 minutes or more before serving.
- To Serve: Transfer to a small serving bowl. Drizzle a little extra-virgin olive oil on top and toss a few kalamata olives and serve.
- Yields: 1.5 cups
Yield:5 to 7 sesrvings
Serving Size:1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 60Total Fat: 6.6gSaturated Fat: .9gCarbohydrates: .7gFiber: .2gSugar: .2gProtein: .2g
Hi Friends! Any questions? Ask away!
Tried our recipe for Authentic Tzatziki Sauce? Let us know and leave a comment below! We’d love to hear from you.
Don’t forget to enter your email address in our ‘Subscribe Box’ and get our recipes FREE every time we post a new recipe, and reminders of great older ones too!
Happy and Healthy Life! 🙂
thanks for stopping by…
xo anna and liz