A tasty, Easy Mexican Spicy Bean Dip is a 3 layer dip made with 6 ingredients. It is the perfect dip to serve at your next game night! A fun and delicious party dip to serve at your next Super Bowl gathering! This Mexican spicy bean dip is my take on a cold appetizer I had to improvise last night for the college football Championship game.
I needed to make something, an appetizer or a party dip for the boys to enjoy while watching the game and realized it was too late to run to the store to get some things. So I decided to make this cold dip with whatever I could find available in my kitchen.
With a tub of sour cream and a jar of chunky salsa already in the fridge, I knew I could whip up something – even tasty- and even some fresh ingredients to add to it and finish it off.
I found a can of refried beans, which took this bean dip to another level! It gave it a layer of creaminess along with a mild spicy kick. And the fresh tomatoes and green onions added some freshness to the taste while adding a punch of color! I was amazed how quick and easy Mexican Spicy Bean Dip was to put together.
Surprisingly, it really turned out great!
Everyone loved it. And the game last night was so exciting to watch! Clemson WON with only 6 seconds remaining!! Go Tigers!
Ideally, this took a few minutes to make and enough to feed a crowd. You’ll have to try my version of this ease-peasy Mexican spicy bean 3 layer dip!
For this bean dip you will need spicy refried beans, and medium chunky salsa, but you can use a mild refried beans and mild salsa if you prefer. Layering this dip on a serving platter worked out fine.
Perfect to serve with some of your favorite party chips. It was like eating little “taco bites” but only in a party dip version!
Chill it before serving! Make this dip for your next game night and serve it with your favorite baked tortilla chips on the side. Having some cold beer nearby wouldn’t hurt either!
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup all natural chunky salsa
- 1 can (16 ounce) spicy refried beans
- 3 green scallion onions - minced
- ¾ cup or 4 ounce black ripe olives - sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes - chopped
- Use a 14 x 10-inch serving platter.
- Spread the refried beans on the bottom of the platter, as the first layer.
- Then in a small bowl, blend together chunky salsa and sour cream.
- Spread sour cream mixture over the refried beans.
- Scatter on top with black olives, chopped cherry tomatoes and green onions.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 to 2 hours. Serve with baked tortilla chips!
- Serves 6 to 8