32 Healthy Super Bowl Recipes
32 Healthy Super Bowl Recipes. Let’s put a spin on classic game food with some of these Healthy Super Bowl Recipes! From delicious chicken wings to creamy dips, bite-size appetizers, and even casseroles to feed a crowd, we’ve got you covered with these 32 delicious and easy Super Bowl recipes.
Planning the Big Game Day…
We know Super Bowl is all about football, but if you’re planning to have family and friends over for the big game, you’ll want to have some great finger-food appetizers and tasty bites to serve.
So here are some great ideas to help you plan for your big day.
1. Make a List of the Food: It’s best to make a list of the appetizers you want to serve. You can make ahead some yourself, and even prep them the day before. Also, you can ask family and friends to bring something as well, so you won’t be overwhelmed.
2. For a Large Party: Plan on serving a few dishes that will feed a hungry crowd, like crowd-pleasing casseroles, or kabobs on the grill. Perfect dishes that can be easily reheated just before your guests arrive.
3. Drinks or Cocktails: Aside from everyone’s favorite cold beers, make a list of what you think your guests will enjoy drinking, from chilled wine to sparkling flavored waters.
4. Serving Essentials: Plan on having good quality paper dishes, and plastic utensils. Costco is great for those, along with cocktail napkins for small bites.
Chilled Finger-Food Appetizers…
Dips, Salsas, and even Hummus are always welcomed at gatherings. Make ahead and serve them chilled with your favorite corn chips, tortillas, crackers, or crunchy bread.
- Simple and Easy Spicy Salsa – is fresh-tasting, light, and made with 6 ingredients. It’s perfect.
- Everything Baked Potato Dip – you can’t have a party without this creamy dip. It’s a crowd-pleaser.
- Best Chickpea Stew Hummus – is loaded with veggies and easily pureed into this fabulous hummus.
- Easy Avocado Dip – a favorite and easily adaptable. Make it your own with fresh ingredients.
- Easy Cold Spinach Dip – can’t go wrong with a spinach dip.
- Fresh Orange Avocado Salsa – a healthy version of salsa, adding in citrus fruit!
- Easy Knorr Spinach Dip – a delicious spinach dip served inside a loaf of bread, makes a lovely presentation.
- Best Loaded BLT Dip – this dip has all the favorite flavors of our popular BLT sandwich! It is sure to disappear as soon as it hits the table.
- Easy Mexican Spicy Bean Dip – all the flavors in a burrito are in this creamy, layered dip. A winner every time we serve it.
Warm Finger-Food Appetizers…
Most of these warm appetizers happen to be some of our favorite healthy Super Bowl recipes. Little bites of chicken wings, all can be baked or roasted ahead of time and reheated before your guests arrive. Perfect! 😉
- Spinach and Kale Bites – little veggie bites loaded with spinach, kale, and parmesan cheese. A favorite for everyone.
- Roasted Spicy Maple Chicken Wings are “healthy” chicken wings that will make a hit. No mess, not greasy, and mildly spicy – everyone will enjoy them!
- Parmesan Pastry Pups – little pigs-in-the-blanket rolled in pastry and topped with parmesan cheese, baked until golden.
- Baked Cauliflower Wings with Buffalo Sauce – a quick and easy finger-food to serve up some cauliflower with this recipe.
- Chicken Quesadillas – little quesadillas loaded with veggies including spinach and chicken and served with sour cream on the side. YUM!
- Potato Skin Bites as Nachos – little potato skins loaded with your favorite taco filling. So yummy! Watch them disappear as soon as they hit the table.
- Easy Hot Chili Cheese Dip – this is a 3-layer and 3-ingredients warm chili dip that’s addicting! Best of all, it takes only 5 minutes in the microwave to bake it up – then serve!
- Sausage Bites with Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce – tender little sausage bites served with a sweet and sour sauce that’s totally FABULOUS and amazingly flavorful!
Dishes to Please the Hungry Crowd…
A bigger crowd, especially those who are hungry and need more than an appetizer or two, will surely satisfy their appetite. These dishes can be casseroles, sliders, chilis, and even salads.
Some are gluten-free to dairy-free, but one thing is for sure, they are crowd-pleasers.
- Macaroni and Cheese with Pancetta and Caramelized Onions – this happens to the creamiest and very flavorful mac & cheese that will please everyone who tries it.
- Zucchini Pepperoni Pizza Boats – amazingly easy to whip up and bake! Use any tomato sauce you have on hand, top them with pepperoni and shredded cheese, and bake them. Perfect!
- Easy Beef Chili Recipe – you can’t go wrong with a large pot of chili on the stove, and let everyone help themselves. Have a second pot on the stove with steamed white rice to serve as a side for the chili.
- Easy White Bean Chili with Chicken – loaded with shredded chicken and cooked in slow-cooker, this is a healthier version of chili, and one everyone will enjoy.
- Healthy Apple Bok Choy Salad – this is a wonderful, refreshing salad made with sliced apples and bok choy tossed with a tangy vinaigrette. Clean tasting and perfect to add to your buffet table.
- Spinach and Artichoke Lasagna – a lasagna loaded with nutrient-dense veggies is excellent to serve a large crowd. Layers of spinach and artichoke hearts in a white cream sauce make an ideal dish to please everyone
- Oven Steak Fries – Restaurant Style! – potato wedges baked in the oven become the classic appetizer on game nights.
- Grilled Ginger-Lime Chicken Kabobs – this is an easy recipe for juicy, tangy-flavored chicken kabobs.
- Fennel and Apple Salad – another healthy salad to add to your game day buffet.
- Easy Vegetarian Chili – is a delightful chili for vegetarians! Loaded with 3 kinds of beans, veggies, fire-roasted tomatoes, and enough spices to make everyone happy.
- Meatball Sliders! – Use our Mom’s Sunday Meatballs recipe to make the best meatballs, and turn them into “meatball sliders” to please the men in the family.
- Fast & Easy Oven-Roasted Baby Back Ribs – is a favorite at every gathering! Tender, delicious tasting ribs – and ready in less time!
How about some Sweets? A few ideas and recipes for Little Bites of Sweets…
At the end of the game, it is always a treat to find something sweet to enjoy. Here are some of our favorites:
- Mini Brownies Cups Filled with Nutella – these are similar to little miniature “molten cakes” that melt in your mouth. Everyone will go bonkers over these little chocolate brownie bites!
- Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies – soft, chewy, and delicious coconut and chocolate chip flavors in each cookie.
- No-Bake Carrot Cake Bites – loaded with fresh carrots, these are healthy, gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, and vegan little bites to enjoy!
- No-Bake Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies – Loaded with good old-fashioned oats, peanut butter, and chocolate chips and they’re ready in 5 minutes!
- Best Chocolate Zucchini Brownies (+video) – loaded with mini chocolate chips and cocoa powder, these brownies are vegan, nut-free, dairy-free, and totally AMAZING!
- And for GLUTEN-FREE? Try our Easy Coconut Orange Macaroons – with chocolate drizzled over them. YUM!
Try one, or try a few… and enjoy the game!
32 Healthy Super Bowl Recipes
This is a healthy recipe for our Roasted Spicy Maple Chicken Wings. These chicken wings are perfect for all game nights.
- 1 package( or more as needed) of organic chicken wings ( about 12 to 14 pieces)
- 1 + 1/2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- freshly chopped parsley, as a garnish
Spicy Maple Sauce:
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 3 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 tsp. hot sauce ( Cholula hot sauce)
- Preheat the oven to Roast at 425 degrees F (220C).
- Line baking sheet with foil wrap ( for easy clean up). Place a baking wire rack on top. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, toss in the chicken wings, and drizzle olive oil over them. Add garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Use 2 spoons to toss the wings until well coated. Transfer the wings to the prepared wire rack.
- Roast wings for 15 to 20 minutes. Turn them over and continue to roast for additional 10 -12 minutes, until they turn golden brown and fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Combine in a small bowl, maple syrup, soy sauce, and hot sauce.
- Remove the wings from the oven, Toss them into a mixing bowl, add in the spicy sauce and toss while the wings are hot, glazing them. Return the wings back onto the wire rack, and spoon any remaining sauce over them.
- Return the wings to the oven, and continue to roast for an additional 5 to 8 minutes until the glaze turns golden brown.
- Remove and serve with some hot dipping sauce on the side.
- Yields: 4 to 6 servings
Thanks for PINNING!
That’s it friends!
If you tried any of our 32 Healthy Super Bowl Recipes, let us know and leave a comment below. We’d love to hear from you!
Plus, NEVER MISS our Recipes! …enter your email in our “SUBSCRIBE BOX” and be the first to get our recipes FREE every time we post and reminders of some great older ones too!
Have fun and snap a photo! Hashtag it on Instagram or on Pinterest, and be sure to tag us @2sistersrecipes. We’d love to see what you make and share it with the world! 🙂
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter!
Happy and Healthy Cooking! 😉
thanks for stopping by…
xo anna and liz