Healthy Apple Bok Choy Salad. When you combine crisp granny smith apples with bok choy you get a combination of deliciously sweet and tart flavors plus a crunchy texture in this healthy apple bok choy salad. Best of all, this simple salad is made with only 5 ingredients, and the vinaigrette will intensify all the flavors even more!
What is Bok Choy?
- Bok Choy is a Chinese green leafy vegetable that is related to the cabbage family.
- Its leafy green top resembles Romaine lettuce while the large white bulbs resemble white celery.
- The entire vegetable can be used in soups, and it is often added raw to salads for a satisfying crunch, like this healthy salad!
A few years ago, Liz and I attended our friend Tanya’s annual party where she made and served this apple bok choy salad. After one bite, we were all wowed!
And when I find a new salad that incorporates vegetables in it, like this one? Yep – I have to make it for my family to enjoy as well!
So I called our friend for the recipe, and then asked her if she used any fancy kitchen gadget to slice the apples and bok choy so thinly. She said, “nope, only a knife!” Perfect!
Reasons to LOVE this salad…
- loaded with vitamins and nutrients.
- it is made with 2 main ingredients.
- refreshing flavors and clean tasting.
- makes a delicious side dish.
- quick and easy to make.
- a crowd pleaser.
- requires 5 ingredients in total.
How to Make this Healthy Apple Bok Choy Salad?
For this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- granny smith apples
- baby bok choy
- apple cider vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
Easy Directions to Making this Salad…
- Step 1: Rinse and drain the bok choy leaves. Then thinly slice them and toss them into a mixing bowl.
2. Step 2: Thinly slice the apples and toss them into the same bowl.
3. Final Step: Make the vinaigrette. Toss with the salad, cover with clear wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
From the looks of it, you may think it’s a coleslaw salad rather than a regular salad.
But hey – it doesn’t matter whether you call it a slaw or a salad, this apple bok choy salad will become your new favorite thing!
Can I use different apples?
Personally, we love the contrast of tart apples with the sweetness of baby bok choy. But, yes, you can certainly make this salad using a different apple.
Can I make this salad ahead?
You can prep the salad a few hours before, but do not add in the dressing. Make the dressing in a small jar and keep that chilled as well. Cover the salad with clear wrap, chill in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve. Then toss it with the vinaigrette and serve.
How long will this salad stay fresh?
It is best to serve this salad the same day you make it. And it will stay fresh for up to 24 hours. However, the salad will be crispy the day you make it, and after that, it will soften the apple and bok choy.
Healthy Apple Bok Choy Salad bursts with delicious and fresh flavors – you are going to LOVE this salad!
You’ll see why this healthy apple bok choy salad will definitely ‘wow’ your family and friends every time you serve it!
It makes a delicious and easy side dish to serve with dinner. Plus, this apple salad will be a welcoming change from other leafy green salads.
Trust me, this salad is SO good, crunchy, and refreshingly delicious, you’ll be glad you found this recipe as much as I did!
More healthy salads for you to try:
- Cucumbers and Vidalia Onion Salad
- Chickpea Salad
- Best Broccoli Salad (Keto)
- Fennel and Grapefruit Salad
- Fennel and Apple Salad
- Crunchy Broccoli Raisins Walnut Salad
- Green Beans and Carrot Salad – Italian Style!
- 2 Granny Smith apples- thinly sliced into sticks
- 1 bulb of Baby Bok Choy- washed, drained, spun, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- Always thoroughly wash the bok choy a few times. You may even need to rub off some of the soil on its large white bulbs. Drain in a colander. Then thinly slice them.
- Place thinly sliced apples and bok choy into a large salad bowl.
- Add the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, and salt.
- Toss to combine. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes up to one hour before serving. Best served chilled
- Serves 6 to 8
Apple Bok Choy Salad can be made a few hours before serving, but hold the vinaigrette until you are ready to serve. Stays fresh in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Yield:6 to 8 servings
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 89Total Fat: 6.5gCarbohydrates: 7.9gFiber: 2.3gSugar: 5.5gProtein: 1.6g
…Thanks for Pinning!
Nutrition Facts: Serving size: 1 serving, Servings: 8, Calories: 89 Total Fat: 6.5g, Saturated Fat: 0.9g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 100mg, Total Carbohydrate: 7.9g, Dietary Fiber: 2.3g, Total Sugars: 5.5g, Protein: 1.6g, Vitamin D 0mcg0%Calcium 116mg9%Iron 1mg5%Potassium 270mg6%*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.