Best Broccoli Salad (Keto). A new spin on a classic broccoli salad that will bring a smile to everyone who tastes it. Crunchy, sweet, and savory, this broccoli salad is tossed with a mixture of raw vegetables, raisins, salted pepitas, and a creamy yogurt dressing. Simple, easy, delicious, and Keto-friendly!
Best Broccoli Salad…
- requires no cooking… whats-so-ever!
- doesn’t get soggy, even after 24 hours.
- served chilled, this broccoli salad is an ideal salad to serve all year long, and perfect for the any gathering.
Great Ideas for this Broccoli Salad…
With this easy-to-make recipe, you can adapt and even double the ingredients for additional servings and serve at:
- picnics and BBQs
- any festivities or parties
- luncheon or brunch
What makes this the Best Broccoli Salad?
- It’s loaded with fresh vegetables.
- NO cooking involved.
- This recipe is very simple!
- Only a handful of ingredients.
- Take-and-go salad that will not get soggy.
- Easy-to-make dressing with yogurt, plus 3 additional ingredients.
- The flavors marinate together to create this “magic” in this salad… and it is so flavorful – it’s AMAZING!
- Overall, it is a very nutritious salad, loaded with vitamins and minerals.
How To Make our Broccoli Salad?
- Clean and rinse the broccoli.
- Cut and chop all the vegetables into small pieces.
- Make the yogurt dressing and toss it all together.
- Then chill before serving.
WATCH VIDEO! How To Clean Broccoli (1-minute)
What to Look For When Buying “Fresh” Broccoli?
- Heads of broccoli come in vastly different sizes and weights, and the standard “bunch” or “crown” is about 1.25 to 1.5 pounds.
- The head of broccoli is the big flower portion at the end of the broccoli stalk.
- When buying fresh broccoli, it should always be firm, tightly closed, and with dark green florets. Then you should always examine it.
- NEVER buy broccoli if it has the following:
- any yellowing in the florets, or anywhere – this indicates it is too old.
- feels too soft, and not firm or tight – also a sign of age, going bad.
- if you see “black spots” anywhere – that is a sign of fungal growth manifesting as black molds and should be avoided at all times.
Ingredients needed for Best Broccoli Salad… (*Full recipe card below!)
- 1 broccoli crown (about 1 pound or more)
- a small package of shredded carrots
- stalks of celery
- green onions (aka scallions)
- raisins and roasted & salted pepitas – for some sweetness and additional salty crunch.
The yogurt dressing consists of 4 ingredients: Greek or plain yogurt, some honey, a little apple cider vinegar, and some salt. Oh and if you prefer, you can sprinkle in some black pepper, but I felt it didn’t need any.
Questions and Answers…
- Can we make this salad ahead? Yes, you can make this broccoli salad the day before, store it in a sealed container, and keep it chilled. The longer it marinates, the better the flavors will infuse. It will stay fresh for up to 2 days.
- Can we cook the broccoli? Although this recipe calls for raw broccoli, if you prefer to cook the broccoli, we would recommend checking out Blanching and Steaming Vegetables, steaming it very al dente, not overcooking it. The broccoli should be crisp, not mushy. Allow it to cool before combining all the ingredients.
- Why do we need to rinse and drain the shredded carrots? I prefer to rinse all veggies that come in packages. Also, the extra moisture from the wet carrots and broccoli is needed to make the yogurt dressing creamier.
- How do we clean broccoli? Click here for our post on How to Clean Broccoli Properly (+video).
Options to Serve this Broccoli Salad…
This delicious salad serves as a great side with a variety of meats, seafood, and poultry. Here are a few great ideas for you to serve it with:
- London Broil Steak Grilled To Perfection
- Chicken Rollatini with Prosciutto and Cheese
- Fast & Easy Oven Roasted Baby Back Ribs
- Baked Salmon with Dijon Basil Pesto
- 2 Steps for Best Spiral Glazed Ham
Variations to make it your own:
A fun salad to adapt and create to your personal taste! You can change it up or add additional ingredients to make this broccoli salad your own:
- toss in sunflower seeds
- chopped Medjool dates
- golden raisins
- dried cranberries
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- cook up some bacon, chop it, and toss them in
Great Salad to make all year long! This recipe is a keeper!
Thanks for Pinning!
More Delicious Salads for you to try…
- 13 Fast & Easy Salads
- Crunchy Broccoli Raisin and Walnut Salad
- Baby Red Potato Salad
- Favorite Greek Salad
- Green Beans and Carrot Salad – Italian Style!
- Tortellini and Broccoli Salad
- new salad dressing, try our Honey Mustard Dressing!
- 1 crown (or head) of broccoli (1 pound) (about 4 cups) - rinsed, drain, and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup shredded carrots - rinsed and drained
- 2 stalks of celery - sliced
- 2 green onions - sliced
- 3 Tbsp. raisins
- 3 Tbsp. pepitas (roasted & salted)
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 cup, plus 2 Tbsp. of full-fat Greek or plain Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
1. Combine All The Vegetables. In a salad bowl, add the broccoli, shredded carrots, celery, and green onions. Toss in the raisins and pepitas.
2. Make the Dressing: In a small mixing bowl. whisk together yogurt, apple cider vinegar, honey, and salt, (optional: and a dash of black pepper).
3. Combine Everything: Pour the dressing into the bowl with the veggies mixture and toss everything until well combined.
4. Cover and Chill: Cover the bowl with clear wrap and chill in your refrigerator for at least one hour or more before serving. The longer you chill the salad, the better the salad dressing will marinate the veggies.
5. Before Serving: Give the salad a quick toss before serving. Also, taste and adjust the seasonings (for salt and black pepper) to your taste.
This salad will stay crispy and crunchy and fresh-tasting for up to two days.
If you prefer the broccoli salad to be more creamy, you can add an additional 1/4 cup of yogurt into the mixture.
Yield:5 to 6 servings
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 86Total Fat: 2.2gCarbohydrates: 14.4gFiber: 3.2gSugar: 8.1gProtein: 3.8g
In case you missed it…
Most Popular Recipes of the Week:
- Easy Shrimp Dinner
- Italian Cream Puffs for St. Joseph’s Day
- London Broil Steak Grilled To Perfection!
If you try our easy broccoli salad recipe, let us know and leave a comment and a star rating!
And, don’t forget to enter your email in our ‘Subscribe Box’ and be the first to get new recipes “FREE” every time we post, and reminders of great older ones too!
Happy and Healthy Life! 🙂
thanks for stopping by…
xo anna and liz
|Serving size: 1 cup|
|Servings: 5 to 6|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 2.2g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.6g||3%|
|Total Carbohydrate 14.4g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||11%|
|Total Sugars 8.1g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|