As if a glazed ham isn’t already delicious enough, this recipe takes it even further with 2 Easy Steps for Best Spiral Glazed Ham. Whether you’re hosting a holiday dinner or planning a special occasion, a spiral glazed ham may be the perfect thing to serve! These 2 Easy Steps for Best Spiral Glazed Ham will deliver the best tasting and perfectly glazed ham every time.
Every time we host a holiday dinner with family and friends, my husband always prefers a ham on the menu ( he’s not a fan of turkey).
But not just any ham, an Uncured Spiral Bone-in Ham!
FYI, Uncured hams cost a little more but it’s definitely worth it. And here’s why…
Reasons to Buy Uncured Spiral Ham…
No sodium nitrates or nitrites are added, including no sodium phosphates.
No artificial preservatives or flavoring to embellish its color or flavor.
It’s already perfectly sliced for you, making it easy and convenient to serve.
Plus, you will get a natural tasting ham and one that is healthier for you.
What You Need to Make this Best Spiral Glazed Ham:
For starters, we used only 2 ingredients!
We used 2 navel oranges and an All-Natural, already made (click link -> Brown Sugar & Spice Ham Glaze ) that brings out the rich, savory flavors in this uncured ham.
NO Need to make your own glaze and NO reason to use “the packet” that most hams come with. We discard the packet it comes with.
The ingredients in this one jar for ham glaze is already done for you! It is a perfect blend of brown sugar, mustard seed, vinegar, pineapple juice, salt, spices, horseradish, and white wine.
Best part? All-natural ingredients with no fillers or artificial flavors.
WE LOVE THAT! And the jar of glaze is sold at Harris Teeter, or you can easily get it on Amazon too – just Click HERE! …and they will ship it to your home as well! And NO, this is not a sponsored post, oh – how I wished it was!
Also, we have purchased hams online from Tender Belly and from Pederson’s Farms.
And the flavor? It is unbelievable, every time!!
Once you taste this uncured ham? You’ll never go back! I Promise.
With these easy steps and only 5 minutes to prep! A spiral ham is truly a time-saver!
2 Easy Steps for Best Glazed Ham:
1. First thing to do, is to remove the ham from its packaging, and do this inside your sink. Give it a quick rinse, then lightly shake off excess water. Transfer the ham to a roasting pan and lay the ham with its flat-side down in a large roasting pan.
2. Second, take 1 navel orange, squeeze the juice directly over the entire ham.
3. Next, begin to glaze the ham with this already-made brown sugar and spice ham glaze, and glaze the ham like you are frosting a cake, using the back of a large spoon or a small basting brush. Use as much as you need. I used the entire jar for a large spiral ham.
4. Slice the second orange into several wedges and place them around the ham, as shown in the photo.
Now your uncured ham is ready for the oven.
Then bake the ham (uncovered) on low heat for only 10 to 12 minutes per pound.
This baked ham turned out better than we had expected!
With this simple recipe, you will notice a world of a difference in flavor and moisture.
The truth is I don’t care for ham, because I always found conventionally cured hams to be too salty, and afterward I find myself drinking water all night long.
To my surprise, my husband was right to buy the uncured ham.
Such a huge difference!
Every time we serve it, everyone raves and tells us it’s the BEST tasting spiral glazed ham they have ever had!
The flavors are truly wonderful. It turns out to be a huge hit every time. Everyone LOVES it! Including ME!
Baking a spiral ham with just these 2 easy steps will save you precious time in the kitchen and leaves you time to enjoy your guests!
What Sides to Serve with a Spiral Glazed Ham…
Best Creamy Mashed Potatoes (How to make mashed potatoes)
…THANKS For PINNING!!
- 2 large navel oranges
- 1 jar of Boar's Head brown sugar & spices ham glaze
- 6 to 7 pound uncured spiral ham
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (163 C). Then make room in your oven to fit your roasting pan.
- Remove the ham from its package and give it a quick rinse. Next, lay it down in a large roasting pan with its flat-side down.
- Juice 1 navel orange and pour the juice over the ham.
- Slice the other navel orange into wedges, and surround the ham with the orange wedges.
- Using a spatula, spread the brown sugar & spices ham glaze all over the ham, as if you are frosting a cake, and spread as much of the glaze as needed.
- BAKE, uncovered for only 10 to 12 minutes per pound.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a cutting board or serving platter. Spoon over the ham with any remaining juices and glaze from the roasting pan.
- Serve immediately while warm.
Hello friends! Are you cooking or baking with us? If you make our 2 easy steps for the best spiral glazed ham, let us know and leave a comment and a star rating below! Sharing your experience and insights will not only help those who read them but will help us too!
You may snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram, and tag us @2sistersrecipes, and on Pinterest. We’d love to see what you cook and share your photos with the world! 🙂
Plus, NEVER MISS our Recipes! …enter your email in our ” WEEKLY SUBSCRIBE BOX” and get them FREE every time we post a new recipe and reminders of some great older ones too!
Happy and Healthy Cooking!! 😉
Thanks for stopping by!
Anna and Liz
This post contains affiliate links.
* 2 Sisters Recipes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Amazon Associates is designed to provide a means for websites to earn commission fees by linking to amazon.com, with no extra cost to you! It helps pay for our web hosting and services for this blog. We truly appreciate and thank you for all your support!