Sweet Mashed Potatoes with Mascarpone Cheese ~ are made with sweet potatoes, mascarpone cheese and a hint of sour cream, makes this a heavenly, healthy dish that is also high in fiber for the whole family. An easy recipe for silky-smooth sweet potatoes to serve as a side dish for this Thanksgiving! And it won’t disappoint!
These sweet mashed potatoes with mascarpone cheese are so incredibly light! Only 4 ingredients are needed for this recipe, sweet potatoes, sour cream, mascarpone cheese and a little salt.
A popular side dish for Thanksgiving that’s not loaded with tons of butter or sugar is a dream dish for the holidays. And yet they offer a lot of flavor with a creamy texture; their sinful taste is what we consider to be restaurant gourmet-worthy!
Liz was inspired to create this side dish after she had dinner with my family at the Ritz Carlton in Westchester, New York. She was so amazed at how light and fluffy these whipped sweet potatoes were, that she just had to ask for the recipe. Well, the reluctant waiter would only tell her that it was made with mascarpone cheese and she would have to figure out the rest.
So, after making a few batches and testing the flavors to her best ability, she was so happy to tell us she finally got it!
This recipe was posted back in November 2011 and many of you have asked us to post it again for Thanksgiving. These sweet mashed potatoes have been a staple dish for our Thanksgiving for the past few years now, and boy how we all look forward to eating them.
You will be amazed too! Try this as one of your side dishes for this Thanksgiving, you will be glad you did!
THANKS for PINNING!
Sweet Mashed Potatoes with Mascarpone Cheese
Author: 2 sisters recipes
Recipe type: Vegetable Side
Serves: 4 to 6
Sweet Mashed Potatoes with Mascarpone Cheese ~ are made with sweet potatoes, mascarpone cheese and a hint of sour cream, makes this a heavenly, healthy dish that is also high in fiber for the whole family. An easy recipe for silky-smooth sweet potatoes to serve as a side dish for this Thanksgiving!
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 2 ounces of Mascarpone Cheese
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- ½ tsp. salt
- Using a potato peeler, peel skins off from sweet potatoes, cut into small chunks and place them to large pot of water. Bring water to boil and boil potatoes for about 20 minutes, or until they are soft.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander, and return them back to the pot. Add the mascarpone cheese, sour cream and salt.
- Use an electric hand mixer, blend on high speed for a few minutes to puree.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Cover with foil to keep warm. You may reheat them just before serving. Serve warm.
- Serves 4 to 6