Easy Chicken Salad
Easy Chicken Salad is loaded with bite-sized broccoli, tomatoes, green onions, and grilled chicken, and tossed with a light flavorful mustard sauce. All served on a bed of fresh greens, this easy chicken salad is perfect for a delicious lunch or a light dinner.
After one bite, you’ll fall in love with the combination of flavors.
Summer season is approaching, and easy chicken salads are fantastic for a light lunch or dinner.
This recipe is wonderful to make ahead, chill, then serve. Also, great for outdoor picnics, potluck, and family gatherings.
Ingredients Needed for our Easy Chicken Salad…
For this easy chicken salad recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
CHICKEN CUTLETS – about 3 to 4 chicken cutlets, and they are easily sautéed in a skillet with some olive oil until fully cooked.
FRESH BROCCOLI – one small or medium-sized head of broccoli, cleaned, chopped into bite-size (small) pieces, then blanched for 1 minute in hot water. It adds a lovely texture and crunch to this salad. Here is a post on: Blanching and Steaming Vegetables for some help.
GRAPE or CHERRY TOMATOES – are sliced in halves and tossed into the salad.
SCALLIONS – scallions are long, thin green onions, sliced and mixed into the salad.
DIJON MUSTARD – whole grain mustard is preferred and gives this salad its lovely appearance.
MAYONNAISE – a good quality mayonnaise is preferred for the best flavor.
VINEGAR – you can use either Champagne, Tarragon, or White Balsamic vinegar with this recipe.
FRESH TARRAGON – a few leaves of fresh tarragon is added for additional flavor to this chicken salad. (NOTE: if you don’t care for tarragon, you can leave it out)
FRESH ARUGULA or MIXED GREENS – to place on the bottom of each plate when serving. It will elevate this tasty chicken salad.
How to make this Easy Chicken Salad?
For this recipe, there are only 3 easy-to-follow steps:
1. First: Sprinkle each chicken cutlet with a little salt and black pepper. Sauté the chicken in a skillet with some olive oil until golden brown. This will give them flavor. This only takes a few minutes to cook them. Then cut it into bite-size pieces.
2. Second: Blanch the broccoli in boiling water for 1 minute. Then drain.
3. Third: Make the dressing and toss everything together and chill before serving.
Don’t care for onions? No problem, omit them. Toss in some thinly sliced celery instead.
Need some help to clean broccoli? Here is our post on: How to Clean Broccoli Properly?
Jazz it up and make it your own…
For additional texture and flavor, try adding to the salad these options:
- add a couple of raisins…
- toss in some crunchy walnuts…
- some sunflower seeds…
- toss in some green or red grapes…
This Chicken Salad happens to be one of the easiest meals you can whip up.
You can grill the chicken inside in a skillet on stovetop, or grill it on the barbecue if you prefer. This is a great salad to make all summer long.
Store chicken salad in a sealed container, and in the refrigerator. It will stay fresh for up to 3 days.
Try this recipe, and enjoy!
Don’t forget to PIN and SHARE it on your Salad Board!
Looking for additional delicious “lunch” ideas?… try these:
- Grilled Cheese & Apple Sandwich
- Grilled Chicken Balsamic Chicken Salad
- Zucchini Pepperoni Pizza Boats
- Italian Muffuletta Sandwich
- Mom’s Best Zucchini Omelet (+video)
Easy Chicken Salad
Easy Chicken Salad is made with bite-sized pieces of chicken, broccoli, tomatoes, and green onions, and tossed with a light mustard sauce. Served on a bed of fresh greens, this easy chicken salad is perfect for a delicious lunch or a light dinner!
- 4 boneless chicken cutlets
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt and black pepper, to season the chicken
- 1 small or medium-size head of fresh broccoli - rinsed, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 ounces (227grams) grape tomatoes - sliced in halves
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard (whole grain)
- 1/2 Tbsp. of fresh tarragon leaves - chopped
- 2 Tbsp. of any light vinegar (either Tarragon, Champagne, or White Balsamic)
- Fresh arugula or fresh mixed greens, for serving
- In a medium-sized non-stick skillet, heat olive oil on moderate heat. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper over each chicken cutlet.
- Sauté the chicken in the skillet until golden brown on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Turn off the heat. Remove and cut the chicken into bite-size pieces, about 1 inch. Transfer to a salad mixing bowl. Add the sliced tomatoes.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Toss in the chopped broccoli. Turn off the heat, and allow the broccoli to cook for 1 minute while it sits in the water. When the broccoli turns to a bright green, drain well and transfer to the salad mixing bowl with the chicken and tomatoes.
- Make the Dressing: whisk together the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, vinegar, fresh tarragon, a pinch of salt, and some freshly cracked black pepper. Taste, and adjust the seasonings.
- Pour the dressing over the chicken, broccoli, and tomatoes and mix gently to combine. Taste the salad. NOTE: Here is where you can add additional mayo and Dijon to your preference.
- Cover with clear wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or more before serving.
- When ready to serve? Serve this chicken salad over a bed of fresh arugula or mixed greens.
- Yields: 4 servings,
We prefer our salads to be on the "lighter side" of the dressings. However, if you prefer, you can increase the amount and add in additional mayonnaise, and Dijon mustard to your liking.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 288Total Fat: 15.3gCarbohydrates: 11.3gFiber: 1.6gSugar: 3.8gProtein: 27.8g
That’s it, friends! Any questions? …ask away!
If you tried our easy chicken salad, let us know and leave a comment below. We’d love to hear from you, and it will benefit everyone who reads them.
Have fun and take a photo and share it on Pinterest or on Instagram and tag us @2sistersrecipes. We love sharing it with the world.
Don’t forget to enter your email in our weekly ‘Subscribe Box’ and be the first to get new recipes “FREE” every time we post, and reminders of great older ones too!
Stay in touch on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, for all the latest updates.
Thanks for stopping by!
Happy and Healthy Cooking! 🙂
xo anna and liz