Grilled Balsamic Chicken Salad will make a beautiful presentation on your summer table! Just marinate chicken breasts with ingredients as simple as balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Next, grill them to perfection and serve them over an ice-cold crisp leafy salad. This low-in-calorie, high-in-protein dish, easy as it is to prepare, will be hard for your family and guests to resist!
When it’s time to think about dinner, summer is all about making quick, easy, and light meals.
So when I made this dish for guests last weekend, and on a whim. Because it turned out SO FABULOUS, I decided to make it again so I could take photos and share my recipe with you.
This recipe for grilled balsamic chicken salad is practically effortless.
Once you marinated the chicken, the rest takes about 10 minutes to grill and serve.
What You Need To Make This Dish!
… plus a couple of chicken breasts!
There are 3 Easy Steps to our Grilled Balsamic Chicken Salad.
STEP ONE: Marinate The Chichen!
1. Slice each breast horizontally. Then season them in a container or bowl with some salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
2. Drizzle over them with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. And, using kitchen tongs or a fork, flip them over a few times to coat on both sides.
3. Cover and chill.
STEP TWO: Prepare the Salad…
1. Snap off a few leaves, rinse, then spin out the excess water.
2. Slice cherry tomatoes and scatter them over the bed of lettuce.
3. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil over them. Then sprinkle with some seasonings over the entire platter. Set it aside. Or place it into your fridge to keep it chilled.
STEP THREE: Let’s Grill the Chicken!
1. Heat skillet on high heat. Add the chicken along with all the marinade.
2. Grill for about 3 minutes. Flip them over and add in the Marsala wine and fresh-squeezed lemon juice.
3. Continue to grill until fully cooked, about 3 to 4 minutes more. Remove and transfer on top of your salad.
4. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar over the entire platter and serve.
Cook’s Notes and Tips!
This grilled chicken salad recipe is adaptable. You can make the salad using your favorite greens. Jazz it up and add in sliced onions, olives, and even some crumbled cheese if you like.
You can also use chicken cutlets with this recipe. But they require less time to grill.
You can marinate the chicken ahead, and even overnight!
Try not to over-grill the chicken, they will turn out dry and tough.
Always use high-quality Italian extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar when making this dish. It makes a huge difference in flavor.
Best of all! Only 193 calories per serving!
When you grill chicken with this simple marinade, it always turns out flavorful. In fact, you will be surprised after you take your first bite!
A wonderful dish to serve your family and friends. Try it!
More Quick and Easy Chicken Recipes!
Prep Time 3 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Total Time 11 minutes
- 2 or 3 chicken breasts - sliced horizontally in half
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil - divided
- 5 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar - divided
- 1- ounce (2 Tbsp.) marsala wine
- 3/4 tsp salt - divided
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 lemon - juiced
- 5 leaves of red leaf lettuce - rinsed and spun dry
- 12 cherry tomatoes - cut into halves
- Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon of salt, some black pepper, and garlic powder. Transfer to a container and drizzle 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar over the chicken, turning them over a few times to coat both sides. Cover and chill the chicken for at least 30 minutes or more.
- Remove the container with chicken from your refrigerator, let it rest on your counter for at least 15 to 20 minutes before you start to grill them.
Meanwhile, Prepare The Salad!
- On a large serving platter, make a layer of crisp cold red lettuce. Scatter cherry tomatoes on top and season with some salt, black pepper and a little garlic powder. Then drizzle with extra virgin olive oil over the entire platter. Set it aside.
- Now you are ready to grill the chicken. In a large non-stick skillet, heat on high heat. Add the chicken to the skillet, and including all the marinade. Grill the chicken for a few minutes, about 3 minutes.
- Flip them over to grill the other side, and add a splash of Marsala wine and squeeze one entire lemon over the chicken while grilling, about 3 to 4 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Immediately transfer them on top of your prepared red lettuce salad.
- Finally, drizzle with remaining balsamic vinegar over the entire platter and serve.
- Yields: 3 to 4 servings
The prep time does not include the time needed to marinate the chicken.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 193Protein: 4g
In case you missed it…
MOST POPULAR POSTS THIS WEEK:
…Thanks for Pinning!
Hello friends! If you try our grilled balsamic chicken salad, let us know and leave a comment, and with a star rating. We’d love to hear from you and tell us about your experiences. It not only helps our readers who read them, but it helps us too.
For more delicious ideas and recipes, follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter.
Don’t forget to subscribe and enter your email address in our ‘Newsletter Box’ and get our recipes FREE every time we post a new recipe and reminders of great older ones too!
Happy Grilling! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!
xo Anna and Liz