Grilled Balsamic Chicken Salad
How to make Grilled Balsamic Chicken Salad? Simply marinate chicken breasts with our 2 ingredients. Then grill them to perfection and serve them over an ice-cold crisp leafy salad. This low-in-calorie, high-in-protein dish is easy as it is to prepare and will be hard for your family and guests to resist!
When it’s time to think about dinner, spring and summer is all about making quick, easy, and light meals. Grilling easy meals with sides like our favorite drunken baked beans casserole, or our grilled zucchini perfectly makes dinner a snap.
To make this grilled balsamic chicken salad is easier than you think.
Once you marinated the chicken, the rest takes about 10 minutes to grill and serve.
What You Will Need To Make This Dish!
… plus a couple of chicken breasts!
There are 3 Easy Steps to our Grilled Balsamic Chicken Salad.
STEP ONE: Marinate The Chichen!
1. Slice each breast horizontally. Then season them in a container or bowl with some salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
2. Drizzle over them with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. And, using kitchen tongs or a fork, flip them over a few times to coat on both sides.
3. Cover and chill.
STEP TWO: Prepare the Salad…
1. Snap off a few leaves, rinse, then spin out the excess water.
2. Slice cherry tomatoes and scatter them over the bed of lettuce.
3. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil over them. Then sprinkle with some seasonings over the entire platter. Set it aside. Or place it into your fridge to keep it chilled.
STEP THREE: Let’s Grill the Chicken!
1. Heat skillet on high heat. Add the chicken along with all the marinade.
2. Grill for about 3 minutes. Flip them over and add in the Marsala wine and fresh-squeezed lemon juice.
3. Continue to grill until fully cooked, about 3 to 4 minutes more. Remove and transfer on top of your salad.
4. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar over the entire platter and serve.
Cook’s Notes and Tips!
- This grilled chicken salad recipe is adaptable. You can make the salad using your favorite greens. Jazz it up and add in sliced onions, olives, and even some crumbled cheese if you like.
- You can also use chicken cutlets with this recipe. But they require less time to grill.
- You can marinate the chicken ahead, and even overnight!
- Try not to over-grill the chicken, they will turn out dry and tough.
- Always use high-quality Italian extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar when making this dish. It makes a huge difference in flavor.
- Best of all! Only 193 calories per serving!
When you grill chicken with this simple marinade, it always turns out flavorful. In fact, you will be surprised after you take your first bite!
A wonderful dish to serve your family and friends. Try it!
More Quick and Easy Chicken Recipes!
- Chicken with Arugula and Wine
- Grilled Chicken with Hearts of Palm in Balsamic Sauce
- Chicken with Dijon Wine Cream Sauce
Yield: 4 servings
Grilled Balsamic Chicken Salad
Grilled Balsamic Chicken Salad will make a beautiful presentation on your table! This low-in-calorie, high protein dish is easy to prepare and will be hard for your family and guests to resist!
Prep Time 3 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Total Time 11 minutes
- 2 or 3 chicken breasts - sliced horizontally in half
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil - divided
- 5 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar - divided
- 1- ounce (2 Tbsp.) marsala wine
- 3/4 tsp salt - divided
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 lemon - juiced
- 5 leaves of red leaf lettuce - rinsed and spun dry
- 12 cherry tomatoes - cut into halves
- Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon of salt, some black pepper, and garlic powder. Transfer to a container and drizzle 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar over the chicken, turning them over a few times to coat both sides. Cover and chill the chicken for at least 30 minutes or more.
- Remove the container with chicken from your refrigerator, and let it rest on your counter for at least 15 to 20 minutes before you start to grill them.
Meanwhile, Prepare The Salad!
- On a large serving platter, make a layer of crisp cold red lettuce. Scatter cherry tomatoes on top and season with some salt, black pepper, and a little garlic powder. Then drizzle with extra virgin olive oil over the entire platter. Set it aside.
- Now you are ready to grill the chicken. In a large non-stick skillet, heat on high heat. Add the chicken to the skillet, including all the marinade. Grill the chicken for a few minutes, about 3 minutes.
- Flip them over to grill the other side, add a splash of Marsala wine and squeeze one entire lemon over the chicken while grilling, about 3 to 4 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Immediately transfer them on top of your prepared red lettuce salad.
- Finally, drizzle with remaining balsamic vinegar over the entire platter and serve.
- Yields: 3 to 4 servings
The prep time does not include the time needed to marinate the chicken.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 193Protein: 4g
In case you missed it…
MOST POPULAR POSTS THIS WEEK:
- Deviled Eggs Italian Style
- Refreshing Tomato Salad with Tuna
- Baked Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole
- White Pizza with Dried Cherries
What a great summer meal!
Thank you, Barbara! We think so too. Have a great day! 🙂
I love the smell of chicken on the grill. It always makes me hungry. I love the way you arranged things on the platter! I’m always at a loss for that kind of beautiful plating.
Oh Thank you Jeff, it’s the easiest things to make! Thanks for the sweet comment.
This looks and sounds delicious! Definitely a recipe that I’m going to try! I love using marinades in cooking!
We do too! Thanks so much Sandra! Have a great day! 🙂