Grilled Chicken with Hearts of Palm in Balsamic Sauce. Grilled Chicken with hearts of palm, fresh asparagus, and fresh tomatoes are sautéed in a reduced balsamic sauce that makes this a quick and easy recipe to follow. And, one that puts dinner on the table in a snap!
This is a healthy low-calorie chicken dish that Liz created using only one package of thin chicken cutlets, a few vegetables, and her favorite balsamic vinegar.
She made this Grilled Chicken with Hearts of Palm using a skillet, some olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; and she made it in a matter of minutes!
First, she heats only 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large, deep skillet.
Next, she adds the chicken cutlets, seasons them with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and grills them until they are fully cooked.
Then transfers the chicken into a deep serving dish.
Using the same skillet, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil, Liz sautés all the vegetables for a few minutes with balsamic vinegar.
Once the balsamic is reduced to a savory sauce, the vegetables along with the sauce are poured over the chicken, and dinner is served!
So easy! The outcome and flavors are amazing!
Everyone will rave how delicious and simple this grilled chicken with hearts of palm dish really is. Try it!
*Follow along below, or jump down to the bottom for our full recipe card.
Grilled Chicken with Hearts of Palm in Balsamic Sauce:
1 package of boneless thin chicken cutlets, (about 4 cutlets), rinsed
1 bunch of fresh thin asparagus – chopped (ends cut off)
2 ripe Roma tomatoes – chopped
3 Hearts of Palm – rinsed – chopped
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil – divided
1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
pinch of cayenne pepper
salt & pepper to taste
Directions to make our Grilled Chicken with Hearts of Palm:
First, if the asparagus are the large ones, Liz recommends to steam them for 2 minutes in boiling water, drain and set aside. If the asparagus is thin, no need to steam them.
1. In a nonstick skillet and on medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the chicken cutlets, sauté with seasonings, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
2. Grill both sides for a few minutes, or until golden brown. About 3 to 4 minutes for thin cutlets, and 5 to 7 minutes per side for thicker cutlets, or until fully cooked. Remove and transfer to a serving platter.
3. Using the same skillet, reduce the heat to low. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan. Then add in the fresh chopped asparagus, chopped tomatoes, hearts of palm, and balsamic vinegar.
4. Sauté vegetables for about 3 minutes, stirring, until balsamic is reduced.
5. Pour veggies with sauce over the grilled chicken and serve.
More Delicious Recipes for Chicken…
For more delicious recipes and ideas, follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Also, if you have any questions, please ask away!
Don’t forget if you make this easy chicken dinner, please leave a comment and a star rating below!
We’d love to hear from you!
Subscribe to 2sistersrecipes in our “Subscribe Box” and get our recipes FREE every time we post a new one!
Happy and Healthy Cooking! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!
Anna and Liz