Greek Salad Pita Pizza is a convenient, fun and easy way to make individual pizzas for everyone! Each pita’s warm crispy crust is complemented with a chilled Greek salad that sits on top. So satisfying and delicious, the Greek Salad Pita Pizzas are amazingly light, fresh-tasting, and savory with every bite! So good, you’ll want to make these pita pizzas all spring and summer long.
My sister Liz is obsessed with eating Greek salads all the time, and it’s because she LOVES feta cheese, tomatoes, and cucumbers.
So since she adores the ease of making pita pizzas, she decided to make her version of this Greek salad pita pizza!
A Greek salad is simply made by combining sliced cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, red onions, romaine lettuce, and feta cheese, tossed in a red wine vinaigrette dressing.
First, she prepares the Greek salad the way she likes it.
She makes a simple vinaigrette with dried oregano, extra virgin olive oil, a touch of yellow mustard, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and red wine vinegar.
Then she chills it for a few minutes before serving.
Next, she places some pita slices into the oven for a few minutes, allowing enough time to toast them to a crisp.
You can also toast pitas by grilling the slices on an outside grill, perfect during spring and summertime.
To assemble, simply add the chilled Greek salad on top of the still-hot pita, and serve!
It’s as easy as that!
Best of all, you can pile on the salad as much as you like without any guilt. Simply cut into 4 equal parts and enjoy this satisfying, easy to make pizza.
I made these for my girls the other day for lunch, and the outcome was amazing; they loved it!
Greek salad pita pizza is definitely a healthy version of serving pizzas to friends and family. It is as much fun to make, as it is to eat!
For more Pita Pizza’s – enjoy these: Liz’s Pita Pizza, and White Pita Pizza with Ricotta and Herbs!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Total Time 13 minutes
- 1 heart of Romaine lettuce - chopped, rinsed, spin excess water
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes - cut in halves
- 2 small cucumbers - thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. yellow mustard
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 package, 6 Pita Breads
- 1/4 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- In a medium-size salad bowl, combine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onions. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, olive oil, yellow mustard, dried oregano, and garlic powder. Pour vinaigrette into the salad mixture and toss to combine. Taste, and add salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste. Place into the fridge to chill for a few minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the pita slices of bread onto a baking sheet and bake pitas in the oven for about 6 to 10 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove and transfer pitas to a serving platter or to individual dinner plates. Add some Greek salad on top, about 1 cup, or add as much as you like.
- Sprinkle with Feta cheese on top, and serve. You may use a pizza cutter to cut each pita into 4 slices or serve them with a knife and fork.
- Serves 6