Sweet and savory tasting, this White Pizza with Dried Cherries is a pizza pie topped with layers of melted cheeses, dried cherries, prosciutto di parma, and balsamic glaze. Loaded with amazing flavors, this white pizza is so fascinating, there is nothing like it until you try it! Perfect for a light lunch or dinner, and it’s a nice change from the traditional margarita pizza with tomato sauce.
One of my favorite foods from our trips to New York City is this white pizza pie. It is a savory pizza with sweet, tart, and salty flavors, along with gooey cheeses all on top of a crispy crust! YUM!
It is SO YUMMY! And it’s so different.
This week I managed to bring home the taste of this New York pizza to my own kitchen and today, I’ll be showing you how to do the same!
Our family loves homemade pizza and was craving for it the other day.
So if you have been following us, then it’s no surprise that when we love a delicious dish like this white pizza, you can bet we will make every attempt to make it at home and share it with the world!
So let’s get started, shall we?
How to Make White Pizza with Dried Cherries:
Ingredients Needed To Make this White Pizza:
one (4-ounce) package of dried cherries
a small container of good quality ricotta cheese
grated parmesan cheese
package of thinly sliced prosciutto (4-ounce package)
Balsamic glaze (a must-have thick glaze accompaniment to drizzle)
some olive oil, and all-purpose flour
salt and black pepper to taste
1. First, you will need a pizza dough. You can make your own pizza dough, or to save time, use store-bought pizza dough instead, as I have here.
2. Next, if you have pizza dough, and it’s frozen, take it out and let it defrost on the counter or the night before in your refrigerator. Allow the pizza dough to warm up to room temperature, as it will need to rise, at least 2 hours or more.
3. Then on a lightly floured surface, cut the dough in half. This will make it easier for you to work with and give you two smaller size pizza pies, about 8 to 10-inches each.
4. Once your pizza dough has been worked on (patting and stretching with your hands) and it’s ready, transfer to a prepared pizza pan (I used 2 cookie sheets as my pizza pans).
5. Place it into the oven and bake it at 450 F degrees, for about 6 to 8 minutes, or until you notice the crust is turning golden.
6. Remove from oven and smear a layer of ricotta cheese on both pizza’s, then scatter on top with some cherries, then with grated parmesan cheese and shredded mozzarella.
7. Return the pizza’s back to the oven and continue to bake for an additional 5 minutes or more, until the cheeses have melted, and the crust is golden brown.
8. Then remove from the oven, and top with slices of prosciutto across the pizza, and drizzle with a balsamic glaze over the tops and serve!
Can we make this pizza using a different pizza dough or crust?
You may try this recipe on pita bread or even on Stone Fire Naan bread. But keep in mind, I have only made this style of white pizza with store-bought pizza dough.
Can we use other cheeses on top?
You ahead and make it your own! Try sprinkling a mixture of shredded cheeses on top for more flavor. Swiss, Gruyere, and even Fontina cheese will work beautifully on this pizza.
Can we add other dried fruits?
I would guess you could try it with other dried fruits, but I prefer it just the way it is.
White Pizza with Dried Cherries will give you the ‘wow’ factor with every bite!
Topped with delicious gooey cheeses, dried cherries, along with the saltiness from the prosciutto, and finished off with a sweet balsamic glaze drizzled across the pizza… need I say more?
Balsamic glaze not only adds a touch of sweet flavor, but it also adds a beautiful pop of color to this pizza. This recipe will make two 9-inch pizza pies. Perfect for a family of four.
This pizza is so flavorful, everyone will rave for more! With amazing flavors of sweet, tangy, tart, and salty, over a crispy-crunchy crust, it will surely ‘wow’ your family and friends every time you make it!
Try this white pizza with dried cherries. You’ll be glad you did!
…THANKS for PINNING!
More delicious ideas and recipes for pizza!
Pear and Roquefort Pizza is made with sliced pears, Roquefort cheese, and arugula.
Broccoli Tomato Pesto Pizza is made with fresh vegetables!
Baked Twice Zucchini and Cheese Pizza Rustica are loaded with zucchini and melted cheeses!
Oh, if you’re looking for the best tomato pizza sauce? Try our Best Pizza Sauce – it requires No Cooking!
- 1 store-bought pizza dough ( allow to sit on the counter and rise for about 2 to 3 hours)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup (about a handful) shredded mozzarella
- 4-ounce package sliced prosciutto
- Balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven to 450 F degrees. Drizzle one tablespoon of olive oil onto a large cookie sheet or pizza pan, and using your fingers or back of a spoon to spread it evenly on the pan. Set aside.
- Using a workspace, or a large serving tray and spread some flour onto a clean surface.
- Take the dough out of the bag and cut it in half. Then set one half aside and start to work with the other half of dough. Patting, stretching, and twirling it, however, you work it to make it stretch to a round or oval shape. The size will vary depending on how thick or thin your pizza dough will take shape. If the dough pops a hole, just pinch it back together. Then lay the pizza dough onto the prepared pizza pan. Do the same thing with the other half of pizza dough.
- Bake pizza with nothing on it, for 6 to 8 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
- In a small bowl, whisk the ricotta until smooth and creamy. Add some salt and black pepper to taste. Set aside.
- When the pizza is almost fully baked, remove from the oven and add the toppings.
- First, spread a thin layer of ricotta cheese on both pizzas. Next, scatter dried cherries over both pizzas. Then scatter parmesan cheese on top and shredded mozzarella.
- Return the pizza's back into the oven and Bake for an additional 5 minutes, or more until the cheeses are melted on top, and the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven, and lay slices of prosciutto on top of each pizza, and drizzle with a balsamic glaze over them.
- Serve immediately.
Hello friends! If you make this delicious pizza, let us know and leave a comment with a star rating. We’d love to hear from you!
For more delicious ideas and recipes, follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest!
Happy Pizza Making! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!
Anna and Liz
Welcome! From Anna and Liz
We believe the kitchen is the center and the heart of the home. It is where we cook, eat, and unwind with family and friends, creating memorable traditions! Read more…
Sign Up For Our Email List
Something delicious for your inbox! Subscribe and join our email list and get all our recipes FREE!