French Bread Pizza is made with a loaf of bread, melted cheeses, and topped with prosciutto, and fresh arugula salad. Baked in your oven, or with an Air-Fryer, these pizzas are nothing but short of crunchy, creamy, savory, and tangy – all in every bite! Super easy, simple, and positively mouth-watering!
Our French Bread Pizza…
- This pizza is a great alternative to making your own pizza dough.
- A fun way to make an appetizer or a quick meal on busy nights.
- With 6 ingredients, this pizza is perfect for family gatherings.
- No fancy equipment is needed or required.
- Easy to make using your oven, air-fryer or on your outside grill.
It is a great way to make pizza night more fun, and enjoyable. Everyone will LOVE the flavors combined in this French bread pizza, simply because they are different.
This recipe has a lot of components to it: a crispy crust, melted cheeses, fresh prosciutto, and tangy, peppery arugula salad on top.
It’s AMAZING… to say the least.
You can prepare simple toppings and bake as many of these bread pizzas as needed. Cut them into smaller pieces and serve them as an appetizer and make it a fun night.
Best of all, the pizza turns out delicious every time. Everyone will fall in love with this pizza after their take their first bite!
Ingredients Needed for our French Bread Pizza:
For our recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- one loaf of French Bread – cut into thirds, then lengthwise in half.
- whole milk ricotta cheese – up to 2 cups
- dried herbs, and fresh basil
- salt, and black pepper
- shredded mozzarella
- 1 package of sliced prosciutto
- fresh arugula
- fresh lemon juice
How to Make French Bread Pizza? (*full recipe card below!)
For this recipe, you will need to cut the loaf of bread into thirds (as in the photo) then cut each in half, lenghtwise.
- First, bake the bread first! Place the pieces with the crust side down on a baking sheet. Bake for a few minutes without any thing on them, to dry them out. This will ensure the bread will have the ultimate crispy crust when it’s ready to serve.
2. NEXT, make the ricotta mixture! Mix ricotta with herbs and lemon juice and spread the creamy ricotta mixture on top of each piece of bread.
3. Then sprinkle with shredded mozzarella, and BAKE AGAIN until the cheeses are melted and golden in color.
4. Toss arugula with some lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
5. Top each bread pizza with a slice of prosciutto and a handful of arugula salad on top, and serve!
NOTES and TIPS!
- It’s best to serve these bread pizzas immediately. This will ensure the ultimate results of its crunchy, creamy, cheesy, and savory in every bite.
- Keep in mind, the longer the bread pizza sits and rests, the quicker the arugula on top will begin to wilt and become soggy from the warmth underneath.
Other Options for Toppings…
Put out a few toppings and make it a pizza night with family and friends. Have fun… the possibilities are endless!
- top with a quick marinara sauce and shredded cheeses and bake!
- add slices of pepperoni and make your favorite pepperoni pizza.
- sliced ripe tomatoes
- fresh basil pesto sauce
- freshly sliced mozzarella
Additional recipes for pizza!
- 1 loaf of French bread or baquette - cut into thirds
- 1 + 1/2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 4 to 5 large fresh basil leaves - finely chopped
- 1 tsp. Herbs de Provence
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella
- 6 slices of prosciutto
- 5-ounces of fresh arugula
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice, plus extra
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (204C).
- Cut the loaf of bread into thirds. Then cut each third in half, lengthwise. You should have 6 pieces in total.
- Transfer the bread with crust side down onto a baking sheet. Bake the bread for 5 to 6 minutes, until the bread dries out, and is firm and crispy when you touch it. Remove from oven and set it aside.
- Next, In a small mixing bowl, mix the ricotta, fresh basil, herbs de Provence, 1 tablespoon of fresh-squeezed lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and, some fresh cracked black pepper. Stir the mixture vigorously for about 1 minute, until the ricotta is smooth and creamy.
- Spread about a heaping tablespoon or more of the ricotta mixture on top of each bread.
- Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella on top. Place them back into the oven and BAKE them until the mozzarella is completely melted and golden around the edges., about 5 to 7 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a small bowl, toss together about 3 handfuls of arugula (you will not use the entire package) with 1.5 tablespoons of lemon juice, and a generous pinch of salt.
- When the cheese is completely melted on top. Remove the French bread pizzas from the oven, and immediately lay a slice of prosciutto on top of each bread. Then sprinkle top with some arugula salad. Here, is where you can squeeze additional lemon juice over the arugula.
- Serve immediately.
- Yields: 6 French bread pizzas
Keep in mind, it is always best to serve this French Bread Pizza as soon as they are prepared. If the pizza bread sits and rests, the arugula will begin to "wilt" on top. So it's best to serve it immediately.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 339Total Fat: 11.3gCarbohydrates: 35.1gFiber: 1.8gSugar: 2.2gProtein: 24.4g
Thanks for Pinning!
If you try our recipe for French Bread Pizza, let us know and leave a comment with a star rating! We’d love to hear from you.
Sharing your insights and experiences helps everyone who reads them, and helps us too!
Don’t forget to enter your email in our “Subscribe BOX” and get our recipes “FREE” every time we post a new one and reminders of some great older ones too!
Happy Baking! 🙂
thanks for stopping by!
xo anna and liz