How to Make a Homemade Pizza! This is a step-by-step tutorial on how to make a homemade pizza right in the comfort of your own kitchen and at a fraction of the cost! This is an older post but still a goodie!
Make Pizza the Easy Way!
To make a homemade pizza the easy way, it’s best to use any store-bought pizza dough.
Lucky for me, I already had two packages on hand, along with some of our mom’s fresh marinara sauce, including fresh basil, and fresh mozzarella cheese.
*IMPORTANT TIP: For best results, you will need to allow the pizza dough to rise for a few hours before starting.
Then work with the dough, shaping it to fit your pizza pan. In my case, I used two cookie baking sheets. And they work just fine!
Making Homemade Pizza at Home…
What most of us don’t know is how relatively easy it is to make your own pizza and far cheaper! Especially, when you can buy the already made pizza dough, which costs anywhere from two dollars up to $3.19 each.
Years ago, I would buy my fresh pizza dough from any local pizzeria. Nowadays, you can find them in most supermarkets which makes it ideal to bring them home weekly.
Homemade pizza happens to be our family’s favorite. They love it because they know it’s made with fresh ingredients and the taste is AMAZING!
After years of practice, I thought it would be best to just give you a visual post and a step-by-step on how to make a homemade thin crust pizza!
For Two Pies…
You will need 2 Packages of Pizza Dough from any Supermarket.
Sometimes you’ll find instructions (on the packages) on what to do with the dough and at what temperature you should bake the pizza.
In my opinion, it’s not exactly the correct way to make a pizza. Regardless, I will show you how easy it is to make a homemade pizza!
Ok, so let’s get started!
HOW TO MAKE A HOMEMADE PIZZA…
1. First, grab 2 bowls, glass or stainless steel are fine. Sprinkle some all-purpose flour on the bottom of each bowl.
2. Second, open packages and knead each dough inside each bowl using the flour on the bottom of each bowl for about one minute.
3. Keep each pizza dough in a ball shape……
4. Cover each bowl, first wrap with clear wrap, and then again with foil wrap to keep it sealed. It must be air-tight sealed.
5. Keep the bowls on your counter. Allow the dough to rise at room temperature for a few hours. Or, you can do this the night before, it is ok.
6. Remove the wrapping and prepare to work with each one, one at a time.
Working with the dough to shape it…
- Working with one pizza dough at a time.
- Grab any serving tray you may have. ( TIP: I prefer to work with the dough on a serving tray because it keeps the flour contained in the small workspace and allows for easy cleanup).
- Next, scatter some all purpose flour onto the surface of the tray (about 1/4 cup).
- Take the first pizza dough and place onto the surface. Pat it with your hands, pressing down to push some of the air out of the dough.
- Then you can roll with a rolling pin, shaping it to a rectangular shape to fit your baking sheets or your pizza pans ( whichever you prefer to use). I use my baking cookie sheets. They work well.
- Spray each 12″x 17″ baking cookie pan with cooking oil. Or drizzle one tablespoon of olive oil onto each baking sheet. Usinig your fingers, to spread the olive oil evenly in each baking sheet.
- Lay the pizza dough onto the cookie sheet and work with it to fit it as best as you can.
Ready to Add the Sauce and Toppings…
1. Spread some tomato sauce (about 1/2 cup) onto the pizza dough, and top with slices of fresh mozzarella or with shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Add additional toppings to your liking.
2. Drizzle lightly with extra-virgin olive oil over the top, about 1 tablespoon.
3. BAKE in a preheated oven at 450 or 500 degrees for 10-12 minutes, depending on your oven. This pizza will bake quickly, so keep an eye on it. The bottoms of each pizza should be golden brown with crispy, including the edges on the crust.
4. Remove from the oven. Slowly transfer and slide the pizza onto a large wooden cutting board.
5. Cut into square slices and serve!
Yields: 12 square slices
Most of us usually order pizza from a local pizzeria and have it delivered. But with the constant rising costs of buying 2 pies these days (around $30.00 or more, plus the tip for delivery) can be a bit expensive for a family.
So why not make it at home? right?!
Enjoy and let us know how your pizza turns out!
Additional recipes for delicious homemade pizza…
Don’t forget to PIN and Share!! Thanks again!
That’s it friends. If you try making homemade pizza in your own kitchen following our steps, let us know how it turned out. Leave a comment below.
We’d love to hear from you.
Follow us on social media!
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to 2sistersrecipes and get our recipes FREE every time we post a new one and great older ones too!
Thanks for stopping by…
xo anna and liz