Best Pizza Sauce is one you can easily make in your own kitchen and requires no cooking! Simply blend 4 main ingredients together and it’s ready in less than 5 minutes! This recipe for the Best Pizza Sauce will always guarantee that fresh tasting and most delicious flavor on your homemade pizza. It’s quick to whip up and easy on your wallet too!
Best Pizza Sauce requires no cooking at all! In fact, that is the secret to getting the most delicious and fresh tasting flavors every time you make pizza!
Whether you buy an already made pizza dough or make the dough yourself, the pizza sauce is ready for you to go on top!
Start with good quality ingredients is always the first step.
The sweetest tomatoes make a huge difference in taste, which is why we always use Italian imported tomatoes or even organic ones for all of our tomato sauces.
Another great TIP to making a “perfect pizza” is to partially bake the pizza dough (with nothing on it) for about 5 minutes before you add on any toppings.
This step will ensure the dough gets completely baked all the way through, not leaving you with a soggy or mushy center.
For years we have always been using our Mom’s Quick Marinara Sauce to create our favorite New York-style pizza, and yes – it’s still delicious tasting pizza every time we use her favorite marinara sauce.
However, this NEW way of making pizza sauce is even easier and requires NO Cooking!
Making clean up even faster.
Baking the pizza with the freshest tomatoes intensifies the tomato’s natural flavor. Therefore, we discovered to getting the BEST tasting pizza sauce is one that has to go on the pizza completely raw.
BEST pizza sauce is made with 4 main ingredients, Imported Italian peeled tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil, some dried oregano, and salt to lend a subtle boost of flavor.
Blend them together in your blender or food processor and it’s ready to go. It’s fast and easy!
If you like your sauce with a little texture, you can pulse the sauce in your blender or food processor and not blend it to a complete puree.
Can we add other ingredients?
Sure you can! You can add in other seasonings such as garlic powder, black pepper or crushed red pepper, to your preference.
Should we partially cook the pizza dough before adding the sauce and cheese?
Yes. Partially bake the pizza dough, then add the tomato sauce (and your cheese, etc) to your partially baked pizza crust will ensure you’re getting the most flavorful, fresh-tasting sauce with every single bite!
If you plan to make homemade pizza any time soon, this is the way to go with fresh pizza sauce!
Add on your favorite toppings, such as shredded mozzarella cheese, sliced pepperoni, mini meatballs, or whatever suits your taste! Then bake!
Some Tips when making Pizza at Home:
1. This recipe will make enough sauce for 2 large pies.
2. Keep fresh basil on hand. Freshly chop a few basil leaves and scatter them on top of the pizza immediately after the pizza is fully baked. The hot pizza will naturally infuse the flavors of the basil into your pizza (no need to put it on while baking).
3. Always partially bake your pizza dough for 5 to 7 minutes before adding on the tomato sauce and other toppings. Then finish baking in the oven for about 8 minutes or more, or until the crust is golden brown.
4. Bake your pizza at temperatures 425 degrees F, or at 450 degrees F, for additional 8 minutes, or until the crust is golden crispy brown around the edges and underneath.
- 1 can ( 35-ounce or 28-ounce) Italian Peeled Tomatoes (I use Cento)
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Open the can of peeled tomatoes and pour directly into your blender or food processor.
- Add the olive oil, oregano and salt.
- Puree for a few seconds.
- Pizza sauce is ready to use on your partially baked pizza dough.
- Store remaining sauce in a sealed glass jar, up to 3 days in the fridge, or freeze up to 2 weeks.
This recipe for pizza sauce makes enough to 2 large pies.
Keep fresh basil on hand. Freshly chop a few basil leaves and scatter them on top the pizza immediately after the pizza is fully baked. The hot pizza will naturally infuse the flavors of the basil into your pizza (no need to put it on while baking).
When you add your tomato sauce onto the partially baked pizza dough and your cheese on top, you may also add some garlic powder and freshly cracked black pepper to taste.
Hey friends! Let’s get cooking!
Looking for more pizza recipes? You may want to go over to our post How to Make Homemade Pizza for some pizza dough tips and tricks!
Or, try our Fresh Asparagus Tomato and Cheese Pizza, and our Broccoli Tomato and Pesto Pizza!
Don’t forget to PIN and SHARE!! Thanks again!
If you make this delicious recipe? Snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram @2sistersrecipes, and on Pinterest. We’d love to see what you cook!
Don’t forget to enter your email address in our ‘Subscribe Box’ and get our recipes “FREE” every time we post! Also, follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Happy and Healthy Cooking! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!
Anna and Liz
Welcome! From Anna and Liz
We believe the kitchen is the center and the heart of the home. It is where we cook, eat, and unwind with family and friends, creating memorable traditions! Read more…
Sign Up For Our Email List
Something delicious for your inbox! Subscribe and join our email list and get all our recipes FREE!