Thick, delicious, and very satisfying, our Black Bean and Quinoa Soup is loaded with fresh veggies, quinoa, and black beans. This recipe is high in protein and fiber and makes a huge batch so you can enjoy it for the rest of the week, or freeze some for another time.
Some may think the “Soup Season” is just a season, but for some of us, it’s a lifestyle!
Soup is great any time of the year. You can easily make it with fresh ingredients or anything you find in your pantry.
It’s our “go-to” all year long. Use a large pot, slow cooker, or your Instant pot.
You can reheat soup all week long. And, it’s perfect when you are not in the mood to cook. 😉
Have you ever tried our black bean and rice soup? (it’s the best!)
It’s a rich, thick, and hearty soup with a creamy texture. But this black bean and quinoa soup contains more vegetables and quinoa instead of rice.
Most importantly, it’s budget-friendly, made with cheap ingredients, simmers for 25 minutes, and is ready to serve. This soup is ideal for all families.
Essential Ingredients Needed for this Soup…
- QUINOA: quinoa (pronounced as Kee-no-wah) is a healthy gluten-free grain that contains powerful antioxidants and anti-inflammatory. Plus, it’s high in fiber and protein.
- BLACK BEANS: we prefer to use organic canned black beans. They are rinsed and drained before adding them to the pot.
- VEGETABLES: carrots, celery, onion, and fresh ripe tomatoes.
- HERBS: we love adding fresh parsley to our soup recipes. Fresh parsley gives a lot of flavors and additional nutrients to the soup.
- BROTH: we always add 50 / 50 with water and vegetable broth to our soups. Simply because we like to control the amount of sodium.
- OPTIONAL: grated parmesan cheese is tossed in at the end, to give additional flavor and creaminess to the broth.
How to Make Black Bean and Quinoa Soup…
- First, saute all the vegetables in olive oil for about 3 minutes.
- Pour in the broth and water.
- Toss in the fresh parsley and black beans.
- Bring to a low boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the quinoa and simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Finally, toss in 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese at the end. Taste the soup and adjust the seasonings to your taste.
7. Ladle black bean and quinoa soup into individual bowls. Serve warm.
Make it in the Slow Cooker or Instant Pot…
To make this soup in a Slow cooker or Instant pot it’s best to saute the veggies first, and for at least 10 minutes.
Then add in the beans, all the liquid, and seasonings, and set your timer for soup, as you would for soup recipes.
Serve with any of these “Sides” for an easy & delicious dinner…
- Mozzarella in Carrozza (Italian cheese sandwich)
Black Bean and Quinoa Soup is so good, that you’ll need to make it soon.
I promise you’ll be eating it for lunch again and maybe for the rest of the week. It’s that good!
An easy weeknight meal. Great for meatless nights too!
Try this recipe!
Additional Delicious Recipes for Hearty Soups…
- Baby Lima Bean Soup
- Lemon Orzo Soup
- Potato Broccoli and Cheddar Soup
- Black Bean and Rice Soup
- Tuscan Tortellini Soup
- Easy Pasta Fagioli Soup
- Beef Vegetable Soup
- 1 + 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 stalks of celery - sliced
- 4 carrots - peeled and sliced
- 1 large yellow onion - chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes - chopped
- 32-ounces (907grams) of organic vegetable broth
- 4 cups (907grams) of water
- 2 cans (15-ounces) (878grams) of organic black beans - rinsed and drained
- a handful of fresh parsley - chopped
- 1 cup ( 80grams) of uncooked white quinoa
- 1 tsp. salt, plus extra to taste
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Optional: 1/4 cup (22.5grams) grated parmesan cheese
- black pepper to taste
1. In a large Dutch oven pot, or saucepot. Saute all the vegetables with olive oil for about 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Pour in the broth and water. Toss in fresh parsley and black beans. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to simmer. Cover with a lid and simmer for 8 minutes.
3. Add the quinoa, cover and continue to simmer for an additional 15 to 17 minutes. Soup is ready.
4. Optional: Stir in 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese at the end.
5. Taste the soup and adjust the seasonings to your taste. Serve black bean and quinoa soup in individual bowls and serve. Serve with additional parmesan cheese at the table.
Yields: 3 quarts
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 344Total Fat: 4.1gSaturated Fat: ,7gCholesterol: 0mgCarbohydrates: 57.3gFiber: 12.9gSugar: 3.9gProtein: 19.4g