Creamy Black Bean Soup – without the Cream!
Creamy Black Bean Soup is a creamy soup with some texture added and it’s made with organic black beans, carrots, celery, onion, tomato, vegetable stock, and seasonings. Simple and easy to make, best of all – it’s delicious and dairy-free! This creamy black bean soup has a creamy texture with a slight tender bite with every spoonful. So good, everyone will ask for a second bowl- for sure!
And ohhh… luscious creamy black bean soup is flavorful and so comforting. It is even good for the soul.
No need to add sour cream! In fact, no need to add any cream to this soup at all.
Just simply blend a portion of the soup (about half) with a hand-held immersion blender to create the creamy texture. Easy-peasy!
Also, black bean soup like this one helps promote good health. It’s packed with antioxidants, protein, vitamins, and fiber too!
No matter what season we are in, I enjoy a bowl of soup with a side salad at times; making this a light dinner for any evening.
It’s even perfect to reheat the leftovers for lunch the very next day!
… Thanks for Pinning!
More Comforting Soup Recipes!
Some of the ingredients you can find on Amazon:
Yield: 6 to 8
Creamy Black Bean Soup - without the Cream!
Creamy Black Bean Soup is made with organic black beans, carrots, celery, onion, tomato, vegetable stock and seasonings. Simple and easy to make, best of all - it's creamy, tasty, nutritious and dairy-free!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 (15-ounce) cans of Organic Black Beans - rinsed
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion- chopped
- 2 garlic cloves- diced
- 1 tomato - chopped
- 2 carrots - minced
- 2 stalks of celery - sliced
- 2 organic bay leaves
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley- chopped
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne red pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese, and extra for serving
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil and sauté the onion, garlic, celery, carrots and chopped tomato and cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally until vegetables become softened, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients, (except for the grated cheese) and bring to a boil.
- Cover and lower the heat. Simmer the soup for 20 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Fish out and remove the bay leaves, discard them. Blend 1/2 the soup using a hand-held immersion or pour in batches into a blender and pulse on the lowest speed and pour it back into the pot.
- Taste, and season with salt to taste. Stir in 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese. Ladle the bowls with soup and sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese on top.
- Serves 6 to 8
Creamy soup without the cream is totally my kind of thing! Bookmarked!
I love creamless soups, and actually prefer soups without the heavy cream, as you can taste the actual soup! If a soup has great fresh ingredients then you don't need to mask it with the cream, right? This soup looks great and I'm totally bookmarking it for those cozy winter nights! xoxo, Jackie
Perfect for a nice cool day – I would eat this truly anytime of the year. YUM
Liz and Anna!
oh yum, black bean soup PLUS cream! I'd never have thought of this! Thanks for inspiring me!
Oh, my! This sounds sooo good!
Interesting. Long time ago I made black beans and carrots puree/mash. It wasn't too bad. The creamy version would be quite nice I guess.
Perfect – I'm screaming for this!