Creamy Black Bean Soup is a creamy soup made with organic black beans, carrots, celery, onion, tomato, vegetable stock and seasonings. Simple and easy to make, best of all – it’s delicious and dairy-free! This creamy black bean soup has a creamy texture with a slight tender bite with every spoonful. So good, everyone will ask for a second bowl- for sure!
And ohhh… luscious creamy black bean soup is flavorful and comforting, it’s even good for the soul.
No need to add sour cream! In fact, no need to add any cream to this soup at all.
Just simply blend a portion of the soup (about half) with a hand-held immersion blender to create the creamy texture. Easy-peasy!
Also, black bean soup like this one helps promote good health. It’s packed with antioxidants, protein, vitamins and fiber too! Even though it’s still summer (technically, until September 22nd), I enjoy a bowl of soup with a side salad at times; making this a light dinner for any evening.
It’s even perfect to reheat the leftovers for lunch the very next day!
Thanks for Pinning!
Some of the ingredients you can find on Amazon: Organic Black Beans, organic bay leaves, organic chicken stock.
Are you cooking with us? If you try this recipe, let us know and leave a comment! Snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram @2sistersrecipes, and on Pinterest.
It makes us happy to see what you cook!
Don’t forget to enter your email address in our ‘Subscribe Box’ and get our recipes FREE every time we post! Also, you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
Happy Cooking! 🙂
- 2 (15-ounce) cans of Organic Black Beans - rinsed
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion- chopped
- 2 garlic cloves- diced
- 1 tomato - chopped
- 2 carrots - minced
- 2 organic bay leaves
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley- chopped
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne red pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese, and extra for serving
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil and sauté the onion, garlic, celery, carrots and chopped tomato and cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally until vegetables become softened, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients, (except for the grated cheese) and bring to a boil.
- Cover and lower the heat. Simmer the soup for 20 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Fish out and remove the bay leaves, discard them. Blend ½ the soup using a hand-held immersion or pour in batches into a blender and pulse on the lowest speed and pour it back into the pot.
- Taste, and season with salt to taste. Stir in 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese. Ladle the bowls with soup and sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese on top.
- Serves 6 to 8