Creamy and delicious, our Easy Brussels Sprouts Soup is flavored with a mixture of carrots, celery, onions, and vegetable broth. Then it’s quickly pureed into a creamy, velvety texture. Best of all, the flavor of Brussels sprouts is completely hidden, making this an ideal soup for picky eaters.
Brussels Spouts Soup…
I haven’t made a soup using Brussels sprouts before and wanted to try it for the first time.
I had a bunch of brussels sprouts in my fridge, I felt it was a good idea to turn them into a quick and easy Brussels Sprouts Soup for supper!
Nevertheless, I have to tell you the outcome was a pleasant surprise.
This soup turned out to be terrific! It was amazingly delicious!
And the best part about this soup? Very easy to make!
This Easy Brussels Sprouts Soup was ready in 15 minutes! Cool huh?
How to Make This Easy Brussels Sprouts Soup?
There are 3 easy steps to making this soup:
1. First, rinse and cut the ends off. Toss these sprouts into a medium-sized pot, add one cup of water, cover, and bring to a boil. Turn off the heat and steam the sprouts until they were tender.
2. Next, toss them into a second pot that has been already simmering with a mixture of carrots, celery, onions, and broth. (full recipe card below)
3. Simmer together for a few minutes with some fresh parsley and some seasonings, about 6 minutes. Then puree.
A Quick Tip!
- I used my immersion hand-held blender to easily puree the entire soup and served it with some grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese on top.
For me, grated Parmesan cheese always gives soups more flavor!
It was perfect! 😉
What to love about this soup?
- It is smooth and creamy and SO flavorful!
- The health benefits that come with this soup; definitely make it worth the effort.
- Provides a bowl of nutrients rich with protein, dietary fiber, minerals, antioxidants, and vitamins C, A, E, and K.
- Easy Brussels Sprouts Soup tastes like a blend of mixed vegetables.
- Best of all, this vegetable is completely hidden in this soup.
No one will ever suspect anything! And that’s a BONUS!
In fact, my daughter Maria had mistaken it for my Cream of Broccoli Soup, and that’s a good thing since she is my picky eater; so no complaints there!
Chock full of all these nutrients, I think I will be making this Brussels Sprout Soup often, especially as the cold and the flu season approaches.
Easy Brussels Sprouts Soup is a great dish your whole family will love!
Don’t forget to PIN and Share! … Thanks again!
Here are a few more recipes to LOVE Brussels Sprouts:
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Quinoa, Brown Rice and Wine
- Oven-Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Carrots, Broccoli and Italian Bacon
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- 2 medium carrots - chopped
- 1 small stalk of celery - chopped
- 1 pound (16 ounces) of fresh Brussels sprouts (small ones)
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Optional: grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- TO PREPARE THE BRUSSELS SPROUTS:
- Rinse and cut off the ends of Brussels sprouts, discard the ends.
- Then place them into a medium-sized pot filled with 1 cup of water. Cover and bring to a boil, then simmer on low heat for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until they are tender enough for you to easily slide a fork through one.
- Drain and set aside.
In the meantime:
- In another medium-size soup pot, heat olive oil on medium heat and add the onions, carrots, and celery. Sauté the veggies for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until they are softened.
- Add in Brussels sprouts and stir for a minute or two, to infuse the flavor into the veggies mixture.
- Pour in broth and fresh chopped parsley. Cover and simmer on low heat for 6 minutes.
- Puree in the pot with a hand-held immersion blender, or blend in a blender in small batches at a time (or when the mixture has cooled down).
- Season with salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste. If the soup is too thick, stir in some water.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese at the table. Great to reheat when ready to serve.
- Serves 4 to 5
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 144Total Fat: 7.4gCarbohydrates: 16.8gFiber: 5.7gSugar: 5.1gProtein: 6g