EASY Brussels Sprouts Soup is a tasty and soothing “comfort” soup. Creamy and delicious, Brussels Sprouts Soup is flavored with a mixture of carrots, celery, onions and chicken broth. Then it’s easily pureed into a creamy, velvety texture. Best of all, the flavor of brussels sprouts is completely hidden, making this an ideal soup for picky eaters.
Hello friends, it’s Monday! And after a long holiday weekend I always try to settle my stomach with a simple vegetable soup. It could be any kind of soup, just as long it’s made with vegetables.
Since I had a bunch of Brussels sprouts in my fridge, I felt it was a good idea to turn them into a quick and easy Brussels Sprouts Soup for supper!
I realized I never made a soup using Brussels sprouts before and wanted to try it for the first time.
Let me tell you, the outcome was really terrific! So yummy! Super easy to make and it was ready in 15 minutes! Cool huh?
I simply steamed fresh Brussels sprouts until they were tender. Then I added them to a mixture of carrots, celery and onions and allowed them to simmer together for a few minutes with some chicken broth (it’s what I had on hand at that moment).
Keep in mind, you probably can use vegetable broth with this recipe.
Next, I used my immersion hand-held blender to easily puree the entire soup and served it with some grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese on top.
Smooth and creamy and SO flavorful!
Easy Brussels Sprouts Soup tasted like a blend of mixed vegetables. So the flavor of Brussels sprouts is completely hidden.
In fact, my daughter Maria had mistaken it for my Cream of Broccoli Soup, and that’s a good thing since she is my picky eater – no complaints followed.
The health benefits with this soup definitely makes it worth eating, beside its flavorful taste.
Plus, it also provides a bowl of nutrients rich with protein, dietary fiber, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins C, A, E and K. And that’s a bonus!
Chock full of all these nutrients, I think I will be making this Brussels Sprout Soup often, especially as the cold and the flu season approaches.
Try it! Easy Brussels Spouts Soup is a great dish your whole family will enjoy!
Also try our Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon.
Don’t forget to PIN and Share! … Thanks again!
EASY Brussels Sprouts Soup
Author: 2 sisters recipes
Recipe type: Soup / Starter
Serves: 4 to 5
Brussels Sprouts Soup is a tasty and soothing "comfort" soup. Creamy and delicious, Brussels Sprout Soup is flavored with a mixture of carrots, celery, onions and chicken broth. Then it's easily pureed into a creamy, velvety soup. Best of all, the flavor of Brussels sprouts is completely hidden, making this an ideal soup for picky eaters.
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion- chopped
- 2 medium carrots- chopped
- 1 small stalk of celery- chopped
- 1 bag of fresh Brussels sprouts (small ones) (1 pound bag, 16-ounces)
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Rinse and cut off ends of Brussels sprouts, discard the ends. Then place them into a medium size pot filled with 1 cup of water. Cover and bring to a boil, then simmer on a low heat for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until they are tender enough for you to easily slide a fork through one.
- Drain and set aside.
In the meantime:
- In another medium size soup pot, heat olive oil on medium heat and add the onions, carrots and celery. Sauté the veggies for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until they are softened.
- Add in brussels sprouts and stir for a minute or two, to infuse the flavor into the veggies mixture.
- Pour in broth and fresh chopped parsley. Cover and simmer on low heat for 6 minutes.
- Puree in the pot with a hand-held immersion blender, or blend in a blender in small batches at a time (or when the mixture has cooled down).
- Season with salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste. If the soup is too thick, stir in some water.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese at the table. Great to reheat when ready to serve.
- Serves 4 to 5