Italian Venetian Soup. Delicious, Italian Venetian Soup is a simple Italian vegetable soup that was discovered while on a trip visiting Venice, Italy. Combining fresh garden vegetables, minced into tiny pieces and simmered in a light broth flavored with fresh herbs, this healthy Italian Venetian Soup is so incredibly light and SO delicious, you can have seconds and even thirds, without the guilt!
Anna calls this simple vegetable soup the “Italian Venetian Soup” because it is very colorful, resembling all the beautiful colors throughout the most beautiful place in the world, Venice, Italy.
She was so inspired and curious to figure out what was in the recipe during a family trip to Venice, Italy.
This vegetable soup was actually on the menu at “Harry’s Bar” in Venice. She ordered the soup, enjoyed it immensely, and asked the chef what were the vegetables used in the soup.
Then she discovered that she could make this similar soup at home.
And she did!
To make this soup easier, she used an electric mini-prep chopper to quickly mince all the vegetables she needed in this soup which allowed her to make this soup in less than 15 minutes.
If you don’t have one, we highly recommend getting one, they cost about $13.00. for the small one. They work like a GEM!
Italian Venetian Soup is loaded with 5 main vegetables, carrots, celery, onions, zucchini, and tomatoes.
Then it’s simmered with only water and some broth for 15 minutes. Then this healthy soup is ready to serve!
Not only is this Italian vegetable soup SO incredibly tasty, but it also offers the ‘wow’ factor with every spoonful.
Best of all, you can eat as much as you want. Guilt-Free! 🙂
Fresh garden vegetables in this soup are healthy for you and offer more vitamins and nutrients needed in one day.
Best part? No oil, no butter, and NO pasta are used in this soup whatsoever! Making it extremely low in calories and low in fat and VEGAN!
Ideally, if you are watching your waistline these days, then this is the perfect soup for you!
Italian Venetian Soup can be very versatile. No rules here.
So, don’t be afraid to add in more vegetables here and there. You can’t mess this one up! If the soup gets too thick, add more water or broth and adjust the salt to your preference.
A perfect starter to any meal. For more flavor, we recommend serving Italian Venetian Soup with some grated Pecorino Romano cheese, or Parmesan cheese at the table.
All I can say is, this recipe is a definite keeper!
The only thing you may want to do is make a double batch so you can enjoy this Italian Venetian Soup for lunch and for dinner, and still have plenty leftover to reheat again during a busy week!
More Delicious Recipes for Vegetable Soups! Try these:
- 32 ounces low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups of water
- 2 large carrots
- 2 large celery stalks
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 large tomato (or 2 medium )
- 1 large onion (or 1 large leek)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup packed of fresh parsley - finely chopped
- 5 basil leaves - finely chopped
- dash of cayenne pepper
- dash of ground marjoram
- 1 tsp. of kosher salt
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepot and over medium heat. Pour in the chicken broth (or vegetable broth) and water together. Get the broth started, since it will take about 10 to 15 minutes to mince all the veggies.
- Meanwhile, Clean and wash all vegetables. Then cut into chunky pieces that will fit into your electric mini chopper or food processor, and pulse until all the vegetables are finely minced.
- Transfer each into the broth mixture.
- Add all the seasonings to the soup and give it a good stir. Then Cover. Bring the soup to a full boil, then lower the heat to the low and simmer the soup for 15 to 20 minutes, covered.
- Taste, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve!
- Refrigerate any leftovers. Soup stays fresh up to 3 days. Allow cooling before freezing. Freeze in a sealed container for up to 1 month.
- Serves 6 to 8
This post was originally posted back in 2011. Recipe and content are the same, only photos were updated.
That’s it friends! Are you cooking with us? If you try our Venetian Italian Soup recipe, let us know and leave a comment and a star rating below! Or snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram, and tag us @2sistersrecipes, and on Pinterest. We’d love to see what you cook! 🙂
Don’t forget to enter your email address in our ‘Subscribe Box’ and get our recipes FREE every time we post! Also, follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Thanks for stopping by!
xo Anna and Liz
Welcome! From Anna and Liz
We believe the kitchen is the center and the heart of the home. It is where we cook, eat, and unwind with family and friends, creating memorable traditions! Read more…
Sign Up For Our Email List
Something delicious for your inbox! Subscribe and join our email list and get all our recipes FREE!