Velvety Celery Soup is easy to make, very light in texture and made with only 3 main ingredients, hearts of celery, onions and vegetable broth. Then it’s pureed to get a smooth and velvety texture. Delicious tasting, this celery soup makes a perfect starter to any meal.
Soup’s On! Soup is always comforting and simple! There’s nothing better when it’s cold outside to come home to a bowl of soup.
This recipe for celery soup is practically effortless!
And, did you know? Celery is also considered one of the “power-foods,” containing blood pressure reducing properties, also helps in weight loss, and reduces stress hormones.
Besides all the nutrients celery provides, when you eat it in the “raw” it even helps with digestion, and that’s good for everyone!
Even its leaves have antioxidants cancer protective and immune-boosting functions. So add those leaves in there too! It makes perfectly sense to incorporate this healthy vegetable into our meals as much as we can.
Your family will love this celery soup!
This celery soup appears to be rich and creamy, but if you have been following 2SR, then you’d already know most of our soups contain No cream in them at all.
Celery soup is not only tasty and creamy, it’s dairy-free and vegan.
But if you prefer, by all means you can add in some cream, if desired; adding a dollop of Greek yogurt on top will give the soup some richness and a little tang.
Enjoy and have a great day!
More healthy soups for you to try:
Creamy Broccoli Soup – without the cream!
Velvety Celery Soup
Author: 2 sisters recipes
Recipe type: Soup / Dinner or Lunch
Velvety Celery Soup is made with only 3 main ingredients, hearts of celery, onions and vegetable broth. Then it's easily pureed in a blender to get a smooth and velvety texture. Simple, delicious and full of nutrients!
- 1 celery heart - ½ lb. (about 10 stalks)-cleaned, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion- chopped
- 1 (32 ounce) of low-sodium vegetable broth
- salt to taste
- fresh chopped parsley, to garnish
- Place all the ingredients into a large soup pot. Bring to a boil.
- Then lower the heat, cover with a lid, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Puree soup in a blender or use a hand-held blender until smooth, creamy texture.
- Ladle soup bowls and garnish with a sprinkle of fresh parsley on top. Serve immediately.
- Serves 4