Soup’s On! Soup is always comforting, healthy, and simple! And, since the cool weather has arrived, it makes anyone want to come home to a bowl of soup.
Velvety Celery Soup is made with only 3 main ingredients, hearts of celery, onions and vegetable broth. Then it’s easily pureed in a blender to get a smooth and velvety texture.
Very light and tasty, this creamy Celery Soup is not heavy at all. In fact, because it’s low in calories and low in fat, you can bet on having seconds. Even sensible to serve as a starter dish to any meal. This recipe is so easy, it’s practically effortless!
And, did you know? Celery is also considered one of the “power-foods,” containing blood pressure reducing properties, also helps in weight loss, and reduces stress hormones.
Besides all the nutrients celery provides, when you eat it in the “raw” it even helps with digestion, and that’s good for everyone!
Even its leaves have antioxidants cancer protective and immune-boosting functions. So add those leaves in there too! It makes perfectly sense to incorporate this healthy vegetable into our meals as much as we can.
Velvety Celery Soup has a rich and creamy texture to it. If you have been following 2SR then you know most of our soups contain no cream in them. Healthier than any cream based soups, Celery Soup is dairy-free and vegan.
Hey – if you insist on adding in some cream, go ahead! May we suggest adding a dollop of Greek yogurt on top when serving. It will give the soup some richness and a little tang.
If you are looking for more healthier soups? Here are some older recipes but still favorites:
Creamy Broccoli Soup – without the cream!
Enjoy and have a great day!
Velvety Celery Soup
Author: 2 sisters recipes
Recipe type: Soup / Dinner or Lunch
Velvety Celery Soup is made with only 3 main ingredients, hearts of celery, onions and vegetable broth. Then it's easily pureed in a blender to get a smooth and velvety texture. Simple, delicious and full of nutrients!
- 1 celery heart - ½ lb. (about 10 stalks)-cleaned, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion- chopped
- 1 (32 ounce) of low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- salt to taste
- fresh chopped parsley, to garnish
- Place all the ingredients into a large soup pot. Bring to a boil.
- Then lower the heat, cover with a lid, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Puree soup in a blender or use a hand-held blender until smooth, creamy texture.
- Ladle soup bowls and garnish with a sprinkle of fresh parsley on top. Serve immediately.
- Serves 4