Velvety Celery Soup is easy to make, very light in texture, and made with only 3 main ingredients, hearts of celery, onions, and vegetable broth. Then it’s pureed to get a smooth and velvety texture. Simple, nutritious, and loaded with flavor, this celery soup makes a perfect starter to any meal.
Soup’s On! There’s nothing better when it’s cold outside to come home to a bowl of soup.
Celery Soup is one I bet you haven’t made yet. Don’t be surprised.
This nutrient-dense soup is so flavorful, you’ll want to keep it on rotation.
Besides, this recipe for celery soup is practically effortless! No fancy equipment is needed either, just a pot and a blender.
Best of all, it’s only 32 calories in just one cup! 😉
Health Benefits of Eating Celery…
- Celery is also considered one of the “power-foods.”
- Contains blood pressure-reducing properties.
- Also helps in weight loss, and reduces stress hormones.
- Besides all the nutrients celery provides, when you eat it “raw” it even helps with digestion, and that’s good for everyone!
- Plus, celery leaves have antioxidants cancer-protective and immune-boosting functions. So add those leaves in there too!
It makes perfect sense to incorporate this healthy vegetable into our meals as much as we can.
Variations for serving…
Our celery soup is delicious all by itself, however, if you plan to serve it as a starter for your guests, you can jazz it up a little.
- Adding a dollop of Greek yogurt on top will give the soup some richness and a little tang.
- Drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil on top.
- Toss a few croutons on top as garnish.
- Sprinkle on top with some fresh parsley, or dill as garnish.
Celery soup is not only tasty and creamy, but it’s also dairy-free and vegan.
Your family and friends will love this celery soup!
This celery soup appears to be rich and creamy, but if you have been following 2SR, then you’d already know most of our soups contain No cream in them at all.
It’s so simple, and delicious tasting- you’ll be amazed.
Try this recipe. You will enjoy the flavor and its creamy texture as much as we do, and without all the calories or fat.
Enjoy and have a great day!
… now go ahead and Pin this to your SOUP Board! Thanks!
More healthy soups for you to try:
- Cream of Zucchini Soup without Cream
- Carrot Soup with a Kick
- Italian Venetian Soup
- Creamy Broccoli Soup – without the cream!
- Easy Broccoli Zucchini Soup
- 1 celery heart - 1/2 lb. (about 10 stalks)-cleaned, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion- chopped
- 1 (32 ounces) of low-sodium vegetable broth
- salt to taste
- fresh chopped parsley, to garnish
- Place all the ingredients into a large soup pot. Bring to a boil.
- Then lower the heat, cover with a lid, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Puree soup in a blender or use a hand-held blender until smooth, creamy texture. Taste the soup, and adjust the seasonings to your preference.
- Ladle soup bowls and garnish with a sprinkle of fresh parsley on top. Serve immediately.
- Serves 4
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 32Total Fat: 0.1gCarbohydrates: 4.8gProtein: 2.5g
In case you missed it…
Most Popular Recipes of the Week:
- Easy Shrimp Bisque
- Best Chocolate Zucchini Brownies (+video)
- Lemon Pound Cake (copycat of Starbucks Lemon Loaf)
- Roasted Boneless Turkey Breast
- Brothy White Bean Soup
Are you cooking with us? If you try our delicious healthy celery soup, let us know and leave a comment with a star rating below! Snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram and on Pinterest; be sure to tag us @2sistersrecipes.
It makes us happy to see what you cook! 🙂
Don’t forget to enter your email address in our ‘Subscribe Box’ and get our recipes “FREE” every time we post! Also, you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
This recipe is original!