Spicy Carrot Soup! This is a Carrot Soup with a Kick! Take a staple vegetable such as carrots and turn them into a fabulous soup just by using a few ingredients, including curry and cayenne to turn up the heat and spice up the flavor. So yummy, you’ll want to make this one over and over again!
A quick and easy recipe for this spicy carrot soup you can whip up anytime, especially if you probably have them on hand. You may even think that Carrot Soup is bland and boring, until you try this version.
If it’s one thing we know for sure, it’s about ways to using our carrots! We enjoy whipping up so many recipes using carrot. They’re not just for soup, you know. But this happens to be one of our favorite soups!
We enjoy making this spicy carrot soup with a kick, especially when the cool weather starts.
Loaded with antioxidants, minerals and Vitamin A, this carrot soup makes the perfect dish to come home to, simply because it’s low in calories, low in fat and low in sodium!
Best of all, it’s satisfying all at the same time!
This is a Carrot Soup with a Kick! An excellent choice for eating a bowl of health!
One of the key ingredient in this carrot soup is the curry powder. It adds a nice punch of flavor, and gives the soup a little more punch of flavor.
Just before serving, I decided to add a dollop of sour cream on top, or you can add Greek yogurt if you prefer. This gave a wonderful soothing flavor and a favorable hot and cold sensation with your first spoonful.
So Yummy – it’s even addicting!
Soups always make a perfect starter for any meal, especially on those hectic busy weekdays. If you have carrots in your fridge, we hope this will inspire you to give this recipe a try!
Thanks for Pinning!
If you LOVE Carrots, then try these recipes!
Spicy Carrot Soup
Author: 2 sisters recipes
Recipe type: SOUP / Starter
Serves: 4 to 6
Spicy Carrot Soup is a quick and easy recipe you can whip up anytime, especially if you probably have carrots, curry powder and cayenne pepper on hand! Then blend and serve! Makes a healthy starter for dinner or lunch anytime!
- 2 pounds of carrots- peeled and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion - peeled and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves - chopped
- ⅛ tsp. ground cayenne red pepper
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1+ ½ tsp. organic curry powder
- 3 cups of low-sodium chicken stock or vegetable
- 2 cups of water
- low fat sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley - chopped
- In a medium pot, heat olive oil and garlic. Sauté for a few minutes.
- Stir in sea salt, curry powder and cayenne pepper, simmer for about a minute.
- Add the chicken broth, water and chopped carrots.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Using a blender or a hand-held immersion blender and puree everything until you have a smooth mixture.
- Ladle the soup into bowls. Top each bowl with a dollop (about a teaspoon) of low-fat sour cream or Greek yogurt. With a knife, swirl in the center until it almost dissolves. Add a little more in the center.
- Optional: garnish with a sprinkle of chopped parsley on top. Serve immediately!
- Serves 4 to 6