Spicy Carrot Soup! We took a staple vegetable such as carrots and turn them into a fabulous soup like this spicy carrot soup! With only a few ingredients, including curry and cayenne pepper to turn up the heat and spice up the flavor, this soup is bound to please.
So yummy and comforting, you’ll want to keep this one on a weekly rotation.
Spicy Carrot Soup…
This is a quick and easy recipe for this spicy carrot soup you can whip up anytime, especially if you probably have them on hand.
Best of all, this carrot soup is not bland or boring. In fact, wait until you try this version.
If it’s one thing we know for sure, it’s about ways to use our carrots!
We enjoy whipping up so many recipes using carrots, like our green beans and carrot salad, and our carrot and spinach dip, just to name a few. Carrots are not just for soup, you know.
But this happens to be one of our favorite soups!
We enjoy serving this spicy carrot soup with a kick, especially when the cooler weather starts.
Loaded with antioxidants, minerals, and vitamin A; this carrot soup makes the perfect dish to come home to. Simply because it’s low in calories, low in fat, and low in sodium!
Best of all, it’s satisfying all at the same time!
This is a Carrot Soup with a Kick! An excellent choice.
How to make our Spicy Carrot Soup?
This recipe is a simple mixture of a few vegetables, along with carrots, and spices, simmered with water and broth. Then it is blended into a creamy mixture.
What makes this Carrot Soup So Flavorful?
- One of the key ingredients in this carrot soup is curry powder. It adds a nice punch of flavor and gives the soup a little more spice.
- Just before serving, I decided to add a dollop of sour cream on top, or you can add Greek yogurt if you prefer. This gave a wonderful, soothing flavor and a favorable hot and cold sensation with your first spoonful.
- So Yummy – it’s even addicting!
Reasons to Love this Spicy Carrot Soup…
1. High in nutrients and especially in vitamin A and beta-carotene.
2. Loaded with a ton of flavor!
3. A good source of fiber, vitamin K1, potassium, and antioxidants.
4. Help promotes healthy vision.
5. Super easy to whip up and serve!
Storing and Freezing…
To Store: Always allow the soup to cool completely before storing it in a sealed container. Then store it in the refrigerator. It will stay fresh for up to 3 days.
To Freeze: Store in a sealed container and freeze. It will freeze beautifully, and for up to one month.
Soups always make a perfect starter for any meal, especially on those hectic busy weekdays. If you have carrots in your fridge, we hope this will inspire you to give this recipe a try!
Thanks for Pinning!
If you LOVE Carrots …then try these recipes!
- Curried Carrot and Sweet Potato Ginger Soup
- Carrot and Spinach Dip
- Maria’s Best Carrot Salad
- Green Beans and Carrot Salad- Italian Style!
And, finally more delicious soups!
- Classic Italian Minestrone Soup
- Easy Broccoli Zucchini Soup
- Velvety Celery Soup
- Cream of Zucchini Soup – without cream!
- 2 pounds of carrots- peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion - peeled and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves - chopped
- 1/8 tsp. ground cayenne red pepper
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 + 1/2 tsp. organic curry powder
- 3 cups of organic vegetable broth
- 2 cups of water
- Optional: low-fat sour cream or Greek yogurt, for topping
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a medium pot, heat olive oil and toss in the chopped onion and garlic. Sauté for a few minutes, until the onion softens.
- Stir in sea salt, curry powder, and cayenne pepper, and simmer for about a minute.
- Add the vegetable broth, water, and chopped carrots.
- Bring to a boil and simmer the soup, covered, for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Use a blender or a hand-held immersion blender and puree everything until you have a smooth mixture.
- Ladle the soup into bowls.
- Top each bowl with a dollop (about a teaspoon) of low-fat sour cream or Greek yogurt. With a knife, swirl in the center until it almost dissolves. Add a little more in the center.
- Optional: garnish with a sprinkle of chopped parsley on top. Serve immediately!
- Serves 4 to 6
Yield:4 to 6 servinigs
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 97Total Fat: 2.6gCarbohydrates: 17.7gProtein: 1.9g
Don’t forget to Subscribe and get our recipes “FREE” every time we post a new one and reminders of some great older ones too!
|Serving size: 1 cup|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 2.6g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.4g||2%|
|Total Carbohydrate 17.7g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||15%|
|Total Sugars 8.6g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|