Cream of Zucchini Soup without cream is a very light and creamy soup made with freshly chopped zucchini onions, celery, fresh parsley and vegetable broth. No need for any cream in this recipe! Just simmer for 15 minutes, then puree into a creamy texture. Best of all, it’s vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free and whole 30!
This cream of zucchini soup is a terrific homemade soup for those looking for something light, easy and nutritious! Great for our vegan and vegetarians friends.
Cream of Zucchini Soup is low in calories and low in fat. Perfect to serve on cool evenings.
Cook up a big pot and freeze a batch for a no-fuss lunch or dinner.
Cream of Zucchini Soup without cream is truly a versatile soup for any season. You can serve this cream of zucchini soup as a light meal along with a sandwich and a salad on the side.
It even makes a quick starter for dinner guests, or just for you when you want something quick on those busy weeknights.
Leftovers are perfect too, especially for reheating soup again during the week.
Best part? It’s creamy and luscious without adding heavy creams or tons of butter, making this cream of zucchini soup that much more healthier and enjoyable!
Your family will love this cream of zucchini soup without cream. It is one of our many soups we enjoy whipping up!
For more delicious soups like this one, you might also enjoy:
Cream of Zucchini Soup - without cream!
Author: 2 sisters recipes
Recipe type: Soup / Starter
Serves: 4 to 6
Cream of Zucchini Soup is a light and creamy soup made with fresh chopped zucchini, celery, onions, fresh parsley and vegetable broth. No need for any cream in this recipe! Just simmer for 15 minutes, then puree into a creamy texture. Best of all, it's vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free and keto!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion -chopped
- 2 celery stalks - chopped
- dash of crushed red pepper or cayenne pepper
- 5 to 6 (7 inch, thin or medium size) zucchini - peeled, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp. salt
- ⅔ cup fresh parsley -chopped
- Parmigiano-Reggiano grated cheese, for serving
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil. Add and saute chopped onions and celery for about 5 minutes, until onions are soften and turn golden. Add the crushed red pepper OR cayenne pepper.
- Add vegetable broth, water, salt, parsley and chopped zucchini. The liquid should be leveled with the chopped vegetables, if it's lower, add more water or broth.
- Bring to boil. Cover and lower heat to a low simmer and set your clock to 15 minutes. Soup is done in 15 minutes!
- Turn off heat and allow soup to cool down a few minutes before you puree.
- Transfer in small amounts to a blender or use an immersion hand blender to puree.
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve with grated Parmesan cheese at the table. Serve warm.
- Serves 4 to 6