This Cream of Zucchini Soup – without Cream is a very light and creamy soup made with freshly chopped zucchini and flavored with a delicious broth made with onions, celery, and fresh parsley. No need for any cream in this recipe! Just simmer for 15 minutes, then puree. Best of all, it’s vegan, dairy-free, and keto-friendly!
So my cream of zucchini soup is a terrific soup for those who are looking for something light, easy and nutritious! In fact, it’s the perfect soup to serve everyone – for all ages.
This soup is not only delicious, but it’s also one of those no-fail, crazy tasty, one-pot, low calorie, and low in fat soups! yep, ah, ha…
And with 6 ingredients (not counting the seasonings) you can easily whip up this soup in minutes for a quick meal.
Even though zucchini is considered a “summer squash,” nowadays, we can conveniently find it in most supermarkets, and all year long.
A warm cozy soup is an ideal starter to serve on cool evenings.
So with that in mind, why not cook up a big pot and freeze a batch for any future no-fuss lunch or dinner, right?! 🙂
Cream of Zucchini Soup can be served with your favorite sandwich or a salad on the side.
We enjoy serving a bowl of warm soup along with our Grilled Cheese and Pear Sandwich, or with our Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwiches to go with it.
Leftovers are perfect too, easy to reheat at any time. And the soup will stay fresh sealed in a container for up to 3 days.
Ingredients For This Soup: (your shopping list)
zucchini: at least 5 to 6 (about 7-inches each in length)
olive oil: (of course without sayin’)
onion: 1 medium size is good.
celery: 2 stalks are enough.
low sodium vegetable stock or broth
seasonings: salt, and cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper
Do We Need to Peel or Scrape Zucchini?
Not every recipe requires to peel or scrape, and it’s certainly not mandatory with this recipe. It depends on whether you buy organic or not, or whether you prefer to remove the skins or not.
Your family will love our Cream of Zucchini Soup without Cream. It is one of the many soups we enjoy whipping up!
Best part? It’s creamy and luscious without adding heavy creams or tons of butter, making this zucchini soup that much healthier and enjoyable!
Ok, you can now save, tag, share, bookmark, or PIN this recipe!
Finally, here are a few more ideas for delicious soups!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion -chopped
- 2 celery stalks - chopped
- dash of crushed red pepper or cayenne pepper
- 5 to 6 (7 inches, thin or medium size) zucchini - rinsed, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup fresh parsley -chopped
- Optional: grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, for serving
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil. Add chopped onions and celery and cook for about 5 minutes, until onions are softened and turn golden. Add the crushed red pepper, (or cayenne pepper).
- Add vegetable broth, water, salt, parsley, and chopped zucchini. The liquid should be leveled with the chopped vegetables, if it's lower, add additional water or broth.
- Bring to boil. Cover with a lid and lower heat to a low simmer and set your clock to 15 minutes. Soup is done in 15 minutes!
- Turn off heat and allow soup to cool down a few minutes before you puree.
- Transfer in small batches to a blender, or use an immersion hand blender to puree.
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve. Optional, serve with grated Parmesan cheese at the table. Serve warm.
- Serves 4 to 6
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 57