Cream of Zucchini Soup is a light and creamy soup made with onions, celery, zucchini, fresh parsley and vegetable broth. No need for any cream in this recipe! Just simmer for a 15 minutes, then puree the entire mixture into a creamy texture. Best of all, it’s vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free and keto!
This is a terrific homemade soup for those looking for something light, easy and delicious! Great for vegetarians too. Cream of Zucchini Soup is low in calories and low in fat. Perfect to serve on cool days.
Cook up a big pot and freeze a batch for a no-fuss lunch or dinner. A soup that is so tasty, when you yell “soups on” it will surely bring the gang to the table pronto!
Cream of Zucchini Soup without cream is truly a versatile soup for any season. Serve this zucchini soup as a light meal along with a sandwich and a salad on the side. Great way to make a quick starter for dinner especially on for those busy weeknights.
Best of all, it’s creamy and luscious without adding heavy creams or tons of butter, making this cream of zucchini soup that much more healthier and enjoyable!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion -chopped
- 2 celery stalks - chopped
- dash of crushed red pepper or cayenne pepper
- 5 to 6 (7 inch) zucchini - peeled, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp. salt
- ⅔ cup fresh parsley -chopped
- Parmigiano- Reggiano grated cheese
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil. Add and saute chopped onions and celery for about 5 minutes, until onions are soften and turn golden. Add the crushed red pepper OR cayenne pepper.
- Add vegetable broth, water, salt, parsley and chopped zucchini. The liquid should be leveled with the chopped vegetables, if it's lower, add more water or broth.
- Bring to boil. Cover and lower heat to a low simmer and set your clock to 15 minutes. Soup is done in 15 minutes!
- Turn off heat and allow soup to cool down a few minutes before you puree.
- Transfer in small amounts to a blender or use an immersion hand blender to puree.
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve with grated Parmesan cheese at the table. Serve warm.
- Serves 4 to 6