Spinach Ravioli with Asparagus Sauce
Spinach Ravioli with Cream Asparagus Sauce is an excellent pasta dish made with store-bought spinach ravioli, fresh asparagus, pancetta, and cream. Best of all, it’s ready in minutes! Looks fancy, yet it’s super quick, flavorful, and will never disappoint. Perfect for a date-night, or holiday dinner.
We LOVE ravioli!!
I mean, who doesn’t love ravioli? Right?! This is an easy recipe for a “white cream sauce” and served over a spinach and cheese stuffed ravioli, and it is awesome.
Some of our favorite recipes are Easy Cheese Ravioli with Pesto Sauce, Cheese Ravioli with Bolognese Sauce, and Butternut Squash Ravioli, just to name a few.
But, it’s all about “the sauce” that makes this dish so spectacular! It’s truly a nice change from a typical tomato sauce.
Ravioli stuffed with spinach and served with a lovely white cream asparagus sauce will always makes a huge impression.
The best part? The asparagus cream sauce is ready by the time you have to drain the ravioli.
A WIN-WIN every time! 😉
White Cream Asparagus Sauce is easily whipped up with only a few ingredients.
Ingredients needed for Spinach Ravioli with White Cream Asparagus Sauce:
- fresh asparagus
- light cream
- fresh leeks
- and, any store-bought spinach and cheese filled ravioli (I bought them at Costco)
First, make the asparagus white cream sauce! Then the sauce is lightly spooned over the spinach ravioli. YUM!
Italian pancetta is the secret ingredient in this recipe. It offers a subtle smoky flavor that makes this dish pop!
So don’t leave it out.
How to Make this Spinach Ravioli with White Cream Asparagus Sauce?
1. First, fill a large pot with water (for the ravioli), place it on the stove and turn on the heat.
2. Then prep and slice the asparagus for the cream sauce. You can slice the asparagus as small as you like, and on a diagonal to make their appearance even more elegant.
3. Next, make the cream sauce in a skillet.
4. Sauté the leeks with pancetta until the pancetta is fully cooked. Then stir in the asparagus, cream, and Parmesan cheese and simmer the asparagus sauce for a few minutes more until the flavors infuse together. Now the sauce is ready.
5. Meanwhile, toss the spinach ravioli into a pot of boiling water and follow the directions on the package. Cook until they are al-dente. Drain and serve ravioli as desired on each plate with spoonful of creamy asparagus sauce on top.
Spinach Ravioli with White Cream Asparagus Sauce takes about 20 minutes to make from start to finish!
All you need to do is boil the ravioli until they’re al-dente. Then drain and place 3 or 4 ravioli on each dinner plate, lightly spoon some creamy asparagus sauce over them, and serve!
No need to add a lot of the cream sauce on top of the ravioli (even though that’s how I prefer my dish).
Just a couple of spoonful’s will do.
The final touch, of course, is to sprinkle a generous amount of grated Parmesan cheese over the entire dish and serve.
Spinach Ravioli with White Cream Asparagus Sauce is simple, creamy delicious, and makes an elegant first course to serve for any special occasion.
This is such a delicious dish. I bet your family will go nuts over these ravioli!
A lovely pasta dish, and perfect for serving on Sundays, holidays, and even on a date night!
It’s perfect for “meatless meals” too!
Best of all, you really don’t need an occasion to make this exquisite pasta dish.
…Don’t forget to PIN to your Dinner Board! …and thanks for your support!
You might enjoy another recipe with a “white cream sauce”…
Then try our easy casserole for Macaroni and Cheese with Pancetta and Caramelized Onions. It too has wonderful creamy flavors and it will feed a crowd!
Finally, if you LOVE ravioli as much as we do, you may enjoy these recipes as well…
- Easy Cheese Ravioli with Pesto Sauce
- Cheese Ravioli with Bolognese Sauce
- Butternut Squash Ravioli
- Easy Fried Ravioli
and who can resist? …additional ASPARAGUS RECIPES:
- Roasted Asparagus with Prosciutto and Cheese
- Creamy Asparagus Risotto
- Creamy Asparagus Soup
- Asparagus Gruyere Swiss Tart
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Spinach Ravioli with White Cream Asparagus Sauce
Spinach Ravioli with White Cream Asparagus Sauce is a wonderful pasta dish made with spinach ravioli, fresh asparagus, pancetta, and cream and it's ready in minutes! Looks fancy, yet it's super quick, creamy delicious, and will never disappoint! Perfect to serve on busy weeknights and meatless meals too!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 pound Organic Frozen Spinach and Cheese Ravioli (about 22 to 25 ravioli) ( I found at Costco)
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped pancetta
- 1/4 cup chopped leeks, (about 1/2 leek) or green onions
- 1 pound fresh thin asparagus, rinsed, ends cut off
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup light cream or half & half
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus extra
- First, fill a large pasta pot with water and heat over high heat. Add 1 or 2 teaspoons of salt to the water. It takes about 10 minutes to bring the water to a full boil, leaving you time to get started on the cream sauce. Then, when water comes to a full boil, add the ravioli and follow directions to the package. Keeping an eye on them while you make the white cream sauce. When ravioli are ready, allow them to DRAIN in a large colander.
- Meanwhile, rinse asparagus and cut off the bottoms, about 2 inches from the bottom of each spear and discard the ends.
- On a cutting board, take a few spears at a time and slice diagonally about 1/4-inch, or 1/2-inch thick. Set aside.
- In a large non-stick and deep skillet, heat on medium-low heat the olive oil. Add chopped leeks and pancetta and saute until the pancetta is fully cooked for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the asparagus to the mixture and 2 tablespoons of butter. Lower the heat and cover with a lid. Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, until the asparagus turns bright green and is tender to the bite. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Pour in the cream and stir in 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese. Then raise the heat a little to bring the cream asparagus mixture to a low simmer. Stirring until the mixture thickens a little, about 3 minutes more. Taste one last time and season to taste. The sauce is ready to serve. Turn off heat.
- Plate each dinner plate with 3 or more ravioli. Spoon over them with some creamy asparagus sauce. Then sprinkle generously with grated Parmesan cheese over the entire plate. Serve immediately.
- Serve 4 to 6 servings
In case you missed it…
MOST POPULAR Recipes LAST WEEK:
- Best Orange Crumb Bars
- Easy Shrimp Bisque
- Fast & Easy Oven-Roasted Baby Back Ribs
- How to Make Lasagna with No-Boil Noodles (4-easy steps!)
Hi, I can’t wait to make this. Can you sub out the Pancetta for smoky Bacon? Right now is asparagus season in the midwest so its a perfect time to try this recipe.
Thanks for posting .
Yes, you can! Smoky bacon will give you a different flavor, but that’s ok. Go for it, and let us know!
this certainy looks delicious. I’ve had this ravioli from Costco and it is so good. you mention that this recipe is great for a meatless meal, however, it has pancetta in it. can the pancetta be left out? Thank you for all the wonderful recipes.
Hi Caroline, Yes you can leave out the pancetta, but you will lose that smokiness flavor in this dish, and that will change the dynamic flavor, but that’s ok. Thanks for asking! Have a great day! 🙂
This is really nice. Love that sauce with the asparagus. I used to make my own ravioli for years, back when I was mostly cooking for others. These days, although I can make pasta in my sleep, cause as you know it’s that easy, I don’t mind grabbing already prepared ravioli or tortellini. Great recipe!
Thanks so much Mimi! Frozen ravioli is much easier for us to have it locked away in our freezer. Just one less thing to make in the kitchen, Lol! 🙂
This looks and sounds delicious. What a wonderful combination!!
Thank you Julia!! Have a great day! 🙂
How delicious this looks and wonderfully seasonal too now that we’re seeing asparagus in the food stores!
Thanks Sandra! This is a wonderful way to use up fresh asparagus and I hope you ll try my recipe!
This sounds phenomenal! Wish it was in front of me right now!
Lol! Thanks Abbe!! Have a great week! 🙂
This looks lovely. I’d love to give it a try.
Thanks Amalia! We’d love to hear how it turns out for you.
Thanks so much Sue!
What a delicious dish! I’m definitely adding those ravioli to my Costco shopping list as I would love to try this recipe 😉
Oh Please, Let us know when you try this recipe Susan! Thanks again!