Spinach Ravioli with White Cream Asparagus Sauce is a wonderful pasta dish made with spinach ravioli, fresh asparagus, pancetta and cream and it’s ready in minutes! Looks fancy, yet it’s super quick, creamy delicious and will never disappoint! A lovely pasta dish, this spinach ravioli topped with a white cream asparagus sauce is perfect to serve on holidays, busy weeknights, or even on a date night!
We love to entertain on the weekends and love to make friends feel special. And this dish always makes a huge impression every time! Spinach ravioli with white cream asparagus sauce is quick and easy and the asparagus cream sauce is ready by the time you need to drain the ravioli’s.
I have been making this ravioli dish for years and never thought to post it, until now.
Freshly chopped asparagus, butter, light cream, leeks and pancetta are the main ingredients to this creamy asparagus sauce. Then it’s lightly spooned over ravioli stuffed with spinach and cheese. YUM!
How to Make this Spinach Ravioli with White Cream Asparagus Sauce:
First, fill a large pot with water, place it on the stove and turn on the heat. Then prep the asparagus for the cream sauce.
You can slice the asparagus as small as you like, and on a diagonal to make their appearance even more elegant when serving guests.
Here, I chopped the asparagus on a slight diagonal, simply because I prefer a nice bite to their texture with this dish.
Next, make the cream sauce in a skillet.
Saute leeks with pancetta until the pancetta is fully cooked. Then stir in the asparagus, cream and Parmesan cheese and simmer the asparagus sauce for a few minutes more until the flavors infuse together. Now the sauce is ready.
Meanwhile, toss the spinach ravioli’s into a pot of boiling water and follow the directions on the package. Easy -peasy!
Spinach Ravioli with White Cream Asparagus Sauce takes about 20 minutes to make from start to finish.
I found Organic Spinach and Cheese Ravioli from Costco. They are filled with cheese and spinach and cook up perfectly every time.
Simply boil them until they’re al-dente. Drain and place 3 or 4 ravioli’s on each dinner plate and lightly spoon some creamy asparagus sauce over them and serve!
No need to add a lot of the cream sauce on top of the ravioli’s (even though that’s how I prefer it). Just a couple of spoonfuls will do.
The final touch, of course, is to sprinkle a generous amount of grated Parmesan cheese over the entire dish and serve.
Spinach Ravioli with White Cream Asparagus Sauce is simple, creamy delicious and makes an elegant first course to serve for any special occasion. Best of all, it’s perfect for meatless meals, and you don’t need an occasion to make this pasta dish.
Don’t forget to PIN to your Dinner Board ! … and thanks for your support!
Would you like to try another recipe with a White Cream Sauce?
Then try our easy casserole for Macaroni and Cheese with Pancetta and Caramelized Onions. It too has wonderful creamy flavors and it will feed a crowd!
Also, if you LOVE ravioli as much as we do, you may like these recipes as well…
Spinach Ravioli with White Cream Asparagus Sauce
Author: 2 sisters recipes
Recipe type: Dinner / pasta dish
Serves: 4 to 6 servings
Spinach Ravioli with White Cream Asparagus Sauce is a wonderful pasta dish made with spinach ravioli, fresh asparagus, pancetta and cream and it's ready in minutes! Looks fancy, yet it's super quick, creamy delicious and will never disappoint! Perfect to serve on busy weeknights and meatless meals too!
- 1 pound Organic Spinach and Cheese Ravioli (about 22 to 25 ravioli)
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped pancetta
- ¼ cup chopped leeks, (about ½ leek) or green onions
- 1 pound fresh thin asparagus, rinsed, ends cut off
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup light cream or half & half
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus extra
- First, fill a large pasta pot with water and heat over high heat. Add 1 or 2 teaspoons of salt to the water. It takes about 10 minutes to bring the water to a full boil, leaving you time to get started on the cream sauce. Then, when water comes to a full boil, add the raviolis and follow directions to the package. Keeping an eye on them while you make the white cream sauce. When raviolis are ready, allow them to DRAIN in a large colander.
- Meanwhile, rinse asparagus and cut off the bottoms, about 2 inches from the bottom of each spear and discard the ends.
- On a cutting board, take a few spears at a time and slice diagonally, about ¼-inch, or ½-inch thick. Set aside.
- In a large non-stick and deep skillet, heat on medium-low heat the olive oil. Add chopped leeks and pancetta and saute until the pancetta is fully cooked, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the asparagus to the mixture and 2 tablespoons of butter. Lower the heat and Cover with a lid. Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, until the asparagus turns bright green and is tender to the bite. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Pour in the cream and stir in 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese. Then raise the heat a little to bring the cream asparagus mixture to a low simmer. Stirring until the mixture thickens a little, about 3 minutes more. Taste one last time and season to taste. Sauce is ready to serve. Turn off heat.
- Plate each dinner plate with 3 or more ravioli. Spoon over them with some creamy asparagus sauce. Then sprinkle generously with grated Parmesan cheese over the entire plate. Serve immediately.
- Serve 4 to 6 servings