Date Night Creamy Ravioli with Peas is the easiest dinner ever! Store-bought spinach and cheese ravioli served with a garlicky cream pink sauce loaded with pancetta, onions, and peas, along with grated parmesan cheese and fresh basil. Its amazing textures and combined flavors in this sauce will surely blow your mind, and it’s quick and ready in under 30 minutes!
This is a great dish for a date night, and easy enough to throw together in one skillet and feed your whole family any day of the week.
Creamy ravioli with peas is a dish that you’ll find in restaurants and pay big bucks for, only this time, you’ll make it in your own kitchen for a fraction of the cost.
It’s an easy dish that will impress your family and friends. The pink-hue of color will look like a vodka sauce with peas.
I love making dinner a lot easier with store-bought spinach and cheese-filled ravioli. This sauce would also be amazing to serve over any ravioli that you and your family prefer.
You can also make this easy cream sauce and top your favorite pasta. There are so many options for you to choose from. 😉
What is Creamy Ravioli with Peas?
Our creamy ravioli with peas is basically a pink cream sauce, similar to that of a “vodka sauce” (only there’s no vodka in this one). It’s loaded with crispy pancetta, peas, light cream, crushed red pepper flakes, and a little marinara sauce to give its pink color and additional flavor.
The sauce for these ravioli could not be easier and mixed with grated parmesan cheese and fresh basil adds more of a sultry hint of flavors.
So good, everyone will rave!
Here are the main ingredients needed for our recipe.
How to Make Date Night Creamy Ravioli with Peas…
For this recipe, you will need:
onion – one large onion chopped, about 2 cups.
garlic cloves – two cloves are sufficient.
extra virgin olive oil – is needed to sautee the vegetables.
pancetta – Italian bacon, you can find it already chopped in packages.
frozen baby or petite peas – I used one cup, but you can use less if you prefer.
crushed red pepper flakes – to give it some heat to the sauce.
half and half, or light cream – one pint is sufficient unless you plan to double the ingredients.
already prepared marinara sauce – I used some of our mom’s quick marinara sauce. But you can certainly use your favorite brand of jarred marinara sauce.
Spinach and Cheese Ravioli – I found these in the refrigerator section of Costco and they boil in less than 3 minutes.
grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese – is stirred into the sauce at the very end to give it a rich flavor and help thicken the sauce.
fresh basil – you will need lots of fresh basil for this sauce, at least 8 large leaves.
seasonings – only the salt is preferred, but you can also add in some fresh cracked black pepper to taste if you wish.
Directions to Make Creamy Ravioli with Peas:
1. First, using a large deep skillet and saute the garlic and chopped onions for about 5 minutes until the onions are softened and translucent, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the pancetta, reduce the heat and cover with a lid. Simmer until the pancetta is fully cooked and crispy, about 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Next, pour in some prepared marinara sauce, along with the baby peas and crushed red pepper flakes. Stir to combine and blend, cover with a lid and simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Pour and stir in the light cream. Cover and simmer for 3 minutes until it blends and thickens the sauce. Taste the sauce, and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
5. Finally, toss in 4 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese along with freshly chopped basil. Stir to combine. Turn off the heat. If the sauce gets too thick, you can stir in a little water.
6. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 teaspoon of salt to the boiling water and gently drop the spinach ravioli. Cook the ravioli for about 1 to 3 minutes only. They cook quickly. Drain in a colander.
7. Spoon a few ravioli into each dish and spoon some creamy pink sauce over them and serve. And serve with extra grated parmesan cheese at the table.
*Quick Note and Tip!
If you feel the need to increase our creamy pink sauce with peas, just pour in additional light cream and prepared marinara sauce.
Where Can I Find Fresh Ravioli?
You can find fresh ravioli in the refrigerator section of most supermarkets. They are usually in the cheese section or in where they keep prepared foods.
Costco, Trader Joe’s, and Whole Foods also sell a variety of stuffed ravioli for you to choose from.
Keep in mind, most chain supermarkets sell frozen ravioli that can also be used with this recipe as well.
What kind of ravioli works best with this recipe?
Basically, any ravioli will work with this recipe:
spinach and ricotta (as we have used for this recipe)
butternut squash ravioli
seafood or lobster ravioli
any meat ravioli
How to Serve our Creamy Ravioli with Peas …
To make dinner very easy, we prefer to serve a charcuterie board as “the appetizer” along with marinated olives, homemade refrigerator pickles, some wine, drinks, and beer.
Then serve this creamy ravioli with peas as “the main dish.”
And end the meal with a healthy greens salad, and maybe an Italian dessert like our best tiramisu to finish off the meal!
Finally, additional Easy Pasta Recipes…
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 13 minutes
Total Time 23 minutes
- 1 large onion - chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4-ounces chopped pancetta
- 1 cup frozen baby or petite peas
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 + 1/2 cups half and half, or light cream
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup already prepared marinara sauce, and extra
- 1 pound (16-ounces) Spinach and Cheese Ravioli
- 4 Tbsp. grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 5 to 8 large leaves of fresh basil - chopped
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large deep skillet, on high heat, add the extra virgin olive oil, minced garlic, chopped onion, and saute for about 5 minutes until the onions are softened and translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Add the pancetta, reduce the heat and cover with a lid. Simmer until the pancetta is fully cooked and crispy, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour in the already prepared marinara sauce, along with the baby peas and crushed red pepper flakes. Stir to combine and blend, cover with a lid and simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour and stir in the light cream. Cover and simmer for 3 minutes until it blends and thickens the sauce. Taste the sauce, and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Finally, toss in 4 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese and fresh chopped basil. Stir to combine. Turn off the heat. If the sauce gets too thick, you can stir in a little water.
- Meantime, bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add 1 tsp. to the boiling water and gently drop into the water the ravioli. Cook the ravioli for about 2 to 3 minutes only. They cook quickly. Drain in a colander.
- Spoon a few ravioli into each dish and spoon some creamy pink sauce over them and serve. Serve with extra grated parmesan cheese at the table.
- yields: 4 to 6 servings
Yield:4 to 6 servings
Serving Size:4 ravioli
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 280Total Fat: 23.1gCholesterol: 65mgCarbohydrates: 8.8gFiber: 1.9gSugar: 3.4gProtein: 9.5g
…Thanks for PINNING!
Well, friends… that’s it for now!
If you try our date night creamy ravioli with peas, let us know and leave a comment with a star rating. We’d love to hear from you! It not only helps our readers who read them, but it helps us too.
For more delicious ideas and recipes, follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter.
Don’t forget to subscribe and enter your email address in our ‘Weekly Newsletter Box’ and get our recipes FREE every time we post a new recipe and reminders of great older ones too!
This creamy pink sauce is original and created by my sister, Liz.
Happy Cooking! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!
xo Anna and Liz