Easy Marinated Olives Recipe
My Marinated Olives Recipe is very simple and requires two kinds of green olives, butter beans, fennel, one orange, lots of garlic, extra virgin olive oil, and fresh rosemary.
When you entertain and think of a charcuterie board, why not make your own marinated olives and surprise your guests with new delicious flavors. It’s easy and fun to make!
A few fresh ingredients, 10 minutes to make, and allow the olives to marinate for a few hours before serving – is all it takes! 🙂
Perfect to serve as an appetizer, and they are easy as our Easy Mozzarella and Tomato Kabobs.
Add them to your charcuterie board, or you can bring these marinated olives to any outdoor picnic, family BBQ, or dinner party.
What’s Different About Our Olives Marinade Recipe?
We love to build flavors with our marinated olives recipe, and we do it by adding in fennel, fresh orange zest, orange peel, lots of garlic, fresh rosemary, crushed red pepper, butter beans, and of course, extra virgin olive oil.
Our marinated olives recipe is different because we added the butter beans along with orange zest and orange peel into the marinade.
The beans add a soft texture and the fennel a peppery flavor, while the orange zest offers a fresh citrus taste to the marinade.
All the flavors infuse into the beans and olives making this olive appetizer totally addicting!
Everyone will enjoy the beans as well as the olives in this marinade.
Best of all, … 5 olives are only 41 calories! I bet your family will enjoy them as much as we do.
How To Make these Marinated Olives…
Here’s what you’ll need for our marinated olives recipe: (your shopping list, with red links to amazon)
large Spanish olives – (I used Mezzetta brand)
pitted Italian green olives
butter beans – one can, and large or small.
1 navel orange – for zest and rind
fresh garlic cloves
bulb of fennel
herbs – bay leaf and fresh rosemary sprigs
crushed red pepper flakes
white wine vinegar
sea salt or Himalayan salt
extra virgin olive oil
Directions to make our Marinated Olives Recipe: (full recipe card below)
1. First, rinse the beans and drain. Set the beans aside, they will be added to the mixture at the very end. Do not add them into the mixture yet. (see my notes for Tips below)
2. Next, in a mixing bowl, add the olives, along with chopped fennel, garlic, rosemary, white vinegar, orange zest, and orange peel. Toss and mix until the olive mixture is well combined.
3. Gently stir in the beans, along with the sea salt, and crushed red pepper. Pour the olive mixture into a sealed container, or a large mason jar with a lid.
4. Add one bay leaf in there, along with an extra sprig of rosemary. Then, pour in the olive oil over the entire mixture. Cover and chill for a few hours to marinate.
TIPS for SUCCESS!
Always ADD in the butter beans last! (in the photo, I did it too soon, and the beans fell apart, of which I had to start all over)
NO need to rinse the olives, only drain them.
Mix Gently! And, Do Not Over Mix the olive and bean mixture, or the butter beans will break apart and become mushy and messy.
Place all the ingredients into a sealed plastic container, or a large mason jar with a lid, and keep the olive oil leveled with the olives.
Refrigerate and allow the olives to marinate, at least a few hours before serving.
Gift Idea! Transfer the marinated olive mixture to a mason jar, and tie a pretty ribbon around the lid. They make terrific gifts for any holiday, and dinner parties.
These marinated olives are so good, they’re addicting…
You’ll want to slice some crusty bread and dip it to soak up that flavorful olive oil at the bottom of the bowl.
Trust me on this one.
This season, I think everyone is ready to get back to normal and looking forward to entertaining with family and friends. This appetizer for olives couldn’t be any easier, and perfect.
Not to mention, it will impress everyone who tries them!
Try our recipe …it won’t disappoint. 😉
Ok, now you can save, tag, or PIN this one to your favorite board!
Other fabulous appetizers…
Burrata Caprese Crostini Bites
Easy Baked Shishito Peppers
Easy Caprese Skewers
Best Loaded BLT Dip
Spinach and Kale Bites
Arancini Bites with Fontina Cheese
Easy Butter Bean Salad
Grilled Shrimp Kabobs with Arugula-Walnut Pesto
Yield: 6 servings
Marinated Olives Recipe
Marinated Olives Recipe is made with two kinds of green olives, butter beans, fennel, orange zest and rind, fresh garlic, extra virgin olive oil, and fresh rosemary. Easy to make, with only 10 minutes to prepare then chill to marinate for a few hours before serving.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 1 + 1/2 cups Super Colossal Spanish Queen Olives (I used Mezzetta Brand)
- 1 + 3/4 cups pitted Italian green olives
- 4 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 cup of large butter beans - rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. orange zest
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fennel
- 1 Tbsp. orange rind - about 6 to 8 thin strips
- pinch of sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 to 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- First, rinse the butter beans and drain. Then set the beans aside, they will be added to the mixture at the very end.
- Next, in a mixing bowl, add both kinds of olives, along with chopped fennel, garlic, rosemary, white vinegar, orange zest, and orange rind. Toss and mix until the olive mixture is well combined.
- Gently stir in the beans, along with the sea salt, and crushed red pepper. Pour the olive and bean mixture into a sealed container, or a large mason jar with a lid.
- Add one bay leaf in there, along with extra sprigs of rosemary on top. Then, pour in the olive oil over the entire mixture. Cover and chill for a few hours to marinate.
- When ready to serve, transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes over them and serve with crusty bread or crackers on the side for dipping.
- Yields: 6 servings
Serving Size:5 olives
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 41.7Total Fat: 4.2gCholesterol: 0mgCarbohydrates: 3.3gProtein: 0g
That’s it friends!
Hope you are enjoying cooking or baking with us! If you try our Marinated Olives Recipe, let us know and leave a comment with a star rating. We’d love to hear from you!
Have fun and take a photo, then hashtag or tag us on Pinterest or Instagram. We’d love to share it with the world.
Join our Baking and Cooking community!! Don’t forget to enter your email in our “Weekly NEWSLETTER BOX” and get our recipes “FREE” every time we post a new one!!
This recipe was is original.
Follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, and on Facebook and Twitter!
Happy and Healthy Eating! 🙂
…thanks for stopping by!
xo Anna and Liz
This looks like a great recipe, Ladies! We love olives here and I especially like the green Italian olives. Terrific idea to add the beans too.
Thank you so much, Susan. I think you will enjoy my recipe. Enjoy and have a wonderful Mother’s Day this weekend! 🙂
I never thought of adding beans to marinated olives. Genuis idea.
Thanks so much. 🙂 They add a lovely texture and flavor to the olives mixture.
I love olives, and I’ve never had them with these flavor before. Yum!
Thanks, Jeff, I got the idea and was inspired when I had similar as an appetizer from a popular restaurant. They were so good, I decided to try them myself and shared them with friends at a dinner party. They turned out to be hit!
Mmmm! Delicious sounding. I like the addition of butter beans and the orange rind. Definitely a recipe to try! Thank you!
Thank you, Sandra! These olives turned out to be a true winner! I think you are going to love them. It’s my original concoction. 🙂