The Best Decadent Chocolate Cake is one that needs no frosting! An easy, cake recipe that is dairy-free, vegan, and can even be gluten-free with one simple swap! It has a deep chocolate flavor and a melt-in-your-mouth texture with every bite! Topped with a chocolate ganache and pink icing, makes this chocolate cake so decadent and festive, it’s perfect for any special occasion.
Has anyone walked into a bakery lately and seen the prices of cakes? Am I the only one who is shocked to see the average cost is between $28.00 and more for a cake? Yikes!
Well, I can tell you, you don’t need to be a professional baker or an artisan to whip up a cake. Anyone can make this decadent chocolate cake in minutes and for a lot less.
Last week I posted our bakery-style lemon raspberry cake and it turned out fantastic! And this chocolate cake is decadent in every sense of the word.
It’s very moist, not too sweet, and loaded with chocolate throughout. Best of all, this cake will melt in your mouth with every bite. What could be better?
A chocolate cake so moist, with an amazing chocolate flavor, a layer of chocolate ganache with a drizzle of pink icing on top makes for an ultimate dessert, and it’s ready for any occasion.
Let’s face it after I topped it with chocolate ganache and icing, I couldn’t wait to cut into it! Who can resist?
And, the outcome? It was AMAZING!! So delicious, I couldn’t stop eating it……
OK NOW… you’ll need to put this Best Decadent Chocolate Cake recipe on your list to make!
Here Are The Ingredients For Best Decadent Chocolate Cake
What I Love Most About BEST Decadent Chocolate Cake…
It’s such an easy cake to make.
It’s a quick blend with all the ingredients in ONE BOWL.
The batter is poured into a buttered and floured prepared bundt cake pan, and it’s baked for 45 to 50 minutes.
One of the ingredients is Silken Tofu. Tofu is a great source of protein, minerals, and omega-3 fatty acids; plus it’s even low in fat and calories. 🙂
The Chocolate Ganache requires only 2 ingredients: chocolate chips and heavy cream. But you can use a coconut creamer or almond milk creamer instead of heavy cream.
The Pink Icing is made with only 3 ingredients: powdered sugar, almond milk, and a drop of pink gel food coloring.
The texture is SUPER moist and light as a feather!
Best of all, it’s very affordable compared to bakery prices!
My NOTES and TIPS for SUCCESS:
1. First, do not overbeat the cake batter.
2. Use a double boiler to melt chocolate chips, then whisk in the heavy cream. DO NOT pour in the cream too quickly, it will ruin the chocolate. Pour the heavy cream slowly and in small increments.
3. I used one drop of pink-colored food gel from Wilton Gel Food Pastel Colors. And NO, this is not a sponsored post – though I wish it was! You can certainly use a second drop for a brighter pink color.
4. Allow the cake to cool completely before flipping out of the pan. Then add the ganache and icing on top.
5. For easy cleanup, place the cake onto a sheet of parchment paper before frosting. Then after you frost the cake, you may transfer the cake onto a cake plate or serving platter.
6. This recipe calls for only 3/4 cup silken tofu, so you will have plenty of tofu for another recipe.
7. It’s best to buy Silken Tofu, the soft tofu. Do Not buy the one that says “firm” on the package, it is a solid block and will not work with this recipe. Silken and soft tofu has a creamy feel and very soft texture that lends them to puddings, custards, and pie fillings. And, it’s perfect for our cake.
8. The cake will stay fresh up to 3 days, and longer if kept in your refrigerator…. if it lasts that long!
9. Finally, if you prefer, you can serve this cake without any frosting, ganache, or icing. It’s decadent by itself. If you want to sprinkle some powdered sugar on top – I won’t mind.
OK then…. what are you waiting for? LET’S GET BAKING!!
More Dairy-Free Desserts!
More Decadent Chocolate Desserts!
- 2 cups Cake Flour ( or GF flour)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp.baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1+1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tsp. instant coffee (instant espresso)
- 3/4 cup Silken Tofu
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk
- cooking spray oil
For Chocolate Ganache:
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp. heavy cream
For Pink Icing:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. Almond milk
- 1 drop pink gel food color ( Wilton Gel Food Pastel Colors)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease generously with cooking spray or with butter, and dust with flour or cocoa a 9-inch fluted Bundt pan. Make sure you grease every nook and corner before dusting with flour. Set Bundt pan aside.
- In ONE large mixing bowl, using a fork, mix together all the dry ingredients, flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, and sugar. Set it aside.
- In a measuring cup, mix one cup of water with 2 teaspoons of instant espresso coffee. Or you can use one cup of brewed coffee, but it must be cooled.
- Then pour in the oil and cup of coffee to the dry mixture. With an electric hand mixer, beat on medium to high speed for about 1 minute.
- Add Tofu and vanilla extract and beat for about 2 minutes until you have a smooth texture.
- Pour in Almond milk and beat on low speed for 1 minute.
- Then transfer the cake batter into the prepared Bundt pan.
- BAKE on the rack in the middle of the oven for 45 to 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before removing the cake from pan, at least one to two hours. Remove cake and transfer onto a sheet of wax or parchment paper before adding on the ganache and icing.
- Top with a layer of chocolate ganache, then drizzle with pink icing on top.
MAKE the Chocolate Ganache:
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips, stirring until they are melted. Slowly stir in the heavy cream and do it in small amounts, and stir frequently until completely incorporated. Remove from heat, keep stirring and allow it to cool down a little. Then frost the top of the cake with chocolate ganache.
MAKE the Pink Icing:
- In a small bowl, add 1 cup of powdered sugar. Stir in the almond milk and one drop of pink coloring gel. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over the chocolate ganache as much or as little as you desire. Serve cake at room temperature or you can chill the cake and serve it chilled.
- Store any leftover cake on the counter up to 2 days, or covered in the refrigerator, up to 4 days.
- Yields 8 to 10 slices
Hey friends! If you try our best decadent chocolate cake, let us know and leave a comment with a star rating! Sharing your insights and experiences will not only help our readers, but they will help us too! For delicious dessert ideas, follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter!
We’d love to hear from you! 🙂
Also, you might want to try our friends chocolate layer fudge cake by that skinny chick can bake, or a devil’s foods cake with angel frosting from Joanne eats well with others and chocolate cake with white frosting from savoring time in the kitchen. And, for a healthier side, try our triple chocolate zucchini bread – the chocolate lover’s bread!
Don’t forget! Sign up in our ‘Newsletter Box’ and get our recipes FREE every time we post a new recipe and reminders of some great older ones too!
xo Anna and Liz
This post contains affiliate links.
* 2 Sisters Recipes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Amazon Associates is designed to provide a means for websites to earn commission fees by linking to amazon.com, with no extra cost to you! It helps pay for our web hosting and services for this blog. We truly appreciate and thank you for all your support!