Fast & Easy Zucchini Tomato Soup. Delicious, thick and chunky zucchini tomato soup made easy! The only prep you will need is to chop two tomatoes along with two small zucchini, one onion, and some garlic. No fancy equipment is needed, and this recipe requires only 15 minutes to simmer.
Best of all, our vegan and vegetarian friends will love this dish because it’s low in calories, low in fat, and gluten-free.
No need for any broth, or stock with this soup. Fresh herbs are what gives enough bold flavors to this soup – you’ll be amazed at how delicious and tasty it turns out every time.
These days, zucchini and tomatoes are fresh at your local supermarket and can be found all year long.
The vegetables lend themselves to releasing enough liquid while it simmers, you really don’t need to add any. But if you want to, only some water will suffice.
This recipe only requires a simple process of cutting the vegetables and dumping them all into a saucepot, along with the rest of the ingredients and cover.
NO fuss and NO mess.
The vegetables will simmer and start to release water into the pot, giving this soup enough liquid to make its own broth.
You only need about 12 to 15 minutes to simmer and it’s done.
Flavorful and SO tasty, you won’t believe how easy it truly is to make this zucchini tomato soup.
For this recipe, you will need…
ripe tomatoes (on the vine)
extra virgin olive oil
fresh basil leaves
How many zucchini will we need per serving?
When making this soup, it’s best to count one small zucchini along with one medium-size tomato per person.
Do we need to peel the zucchini?
Not necessary, but I prefer to lightly scrape or slightly peel the skins off. Then I submerge them into a bowl of cold water to give them a good rinse.
Do we need any broth to be added?
If you feel you want the soup to be more brothy, then go ahead and add in some water. Also, keep in mind, if you plan to double this recipe, you may need to add in about 1/2 cup of water to give you additional broth to this soup.
Your family and friends will love our Fast & Easy Zucchini Tomato Soup!
Also, try our homemade Zucchini Tomato Sauce over Fusilli Pasta and our 15 Healthy Vegetarian Recipes. All these recipes are positively delicious and guarantee you’ll want to keep them on rotation.
Fresh vegetables cost less these days than packaged foods. Two zucchini and two tomatoes will cost you under five dollars per pound and they will cost even less when they’re on sale.
It doesn’t take much effort to make this soup. The mild sweet flavors and textures will win the hearts of the pickiest eaters.
Try this soup. You’ll love it as much as we do!
More Delicious Recipes for Zucchini…
- Lemon Zucchini Poppy Seed Muffins
- Zucchini Sticks Oreganata
- Mint Chocolate Chip Zucchini Brownies
- How to Grill Zucchini Perfectly
- Easy Italian Zucchini Stew
- Roasted Parmesan Zucchini
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 2 small zucchini - end cut off, skins slightly peeled, and rinsed
- 2 ripe tomatoes (on the vine) - diced
- 1 large onion - chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves - diced
- 1 + 1/2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped parsley, and extra
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 dashes of cayenne pepper
- On a cutting board. Slice zucchini into sticks, then dice the sticks. Toss them into a medium-size saucepot.
- Next, toss in the chopped tomatoes, onion, and garlic. Add the fresh herbs, olive oil, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Turn on the low heat on the stove-top and with a wooden spoon, stir the entire mixture until well blended.
- Cover with a lid, and simmer on low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste, and adjust the seasonings, if needed. Zucchini should be chunky, crunchy, and tender to the bite.
- When zucchini is tender to the bite, turn off the heat. Serve into individual soup or pasta bowls and garnish with a sprinkle of fresh chopped parsley on top.
- Serves 2 to 3
Keep in mind, if you prefer this soup to have additional broth, just add in some water while simmering.
Yield:2 to 3 servings
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 88Total Fat: 7.3gCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1.9gSugar: 3.5gProtein: 1.8g