No Bake Dairy-Free Chocolate Cream Pie. Imagine a delicious chocolate cream pie that requires NO baking and is DAIRY-FREE? And one that has protein in it, but is surprisingly low in fat and low in calories! This is a silky chocolate cream pie with a creamy pudding-like texture you can indulge into without any guilt! The secret ingredient in this pie is the silken tofu!
This no bake dairy-free chocolate cream pie is made with only 5 ingredients: semi-sweet chocolate, honey, coffee liqueur, vanilla extract and silken Tofu!
The silken Tofu is what gives the pie its creamy and smooth texture to it; and the flavor of chocolate is so powerful, well that goes without saying…
IT WAS FABULOUS! Plus, it took only 5 minutes to make!
Tofu is used to replace the eggs and butter, making this chocolate cream pie completely dairy-free. Best part? It is adding protein instead of the FAT! How great is that?
Also, the coffee liqueur is used to enhance the chocolate flavor in this recipe, making this pie so much more decadent and chocolaty! So don’t leave it out.
Best of all, it’s only 230 calories per serving! Perfect!
Plus, I found this no bake dairy-free chocolate cream pie to be very rich and very thick in texture, so a thin slice will go a long way. But, it was SO good! I was impressed!
Everyone who tries this dairy-free chocolate cream pie, really loved it!
The only thing missing from this photo? … was some whipped cream!
COOK’s NOTES for No Bake Dairy-Free Chocolate Cream Pie:
It’s very important to allow the temperature of the Tofu to warm up on your counter for at least 10 to 15 minutes before blending with the hot melted chocolate. Otherwise, the coldness of the Tofu may not blend very well and will ruin the mixture.
For this recipe, it is best to blend in a food processor. Blend the tofu mixture first, then POUR in the melted chocolate while it’s still very hot and before it starts to cool down. This will ensure the Tofu will blend into a creamy mixture.
This chocolate cream pie will be very warm, and needs to be chilled uncovered for a few hours. Then you can cover lightly, if you feel you need to. Chill over night, and this pie is best served chilled.
Bear in mind, years ago, the packages of Silken Tofu came in 16-ounces. Then they went down to 14-ounces. Nowadays, the same packages appear to look the same, but some will contain less in ounces, about 12-ounces. Which means your pie filling will not be as high as our photos in this post.
Can I Make this Pie Without the Coffee Liqueur ?
Yes you can! I have made this pie a dozen times, and made it only once without any liqueur and it still tasted great! It won’t be a deal breaker.
Where Can I Find Tofu?
Silken tofu can be found in the refrigeration section at your local supermarkets. You can even find organic Silken Tofu at Whole Foods, or buy it on line. Tofu is cheap, and it costs under $2.oo per package. Be sure to buy the “soft” Silken Tofu, and not the ‘firm’ one.
Can I make this in a Gluten-Free Pie Crust?
Yes you can! You can make your own gluten-free pie crust, or you can now find Gluten-Free pie crust at your supermarket in the baking isle. And, you can find them at Whole Foods.
Ingredients for this No Bake Dairy-Free Chocolate Cream Pie!
Hello friends! Are you baking or cooking with us? If you make this no bake dairy-free chocolate cream pie, let us know and leave a comment with a star rating below!
Have fun and snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram and on Pinterest; be sure to tag us @2sistersrecipes.
We’d love to see what you make! 🙂
Thanks for Pinning!
You may enjoy our Dairy-Free Chocolate Pudding!
Or try our
- 12 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup coffee liqueur (I used Kahlua)
- 14 ounce Silken Tofu SOFT - room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ready ( 9-inch) chocolate pie crust (or a gluten-free crust)
- Optional: white chocolate shavings, as garnish
- whipped cream, for serving
- First, open package of Tofu and drain the liquid. Set it aside to warm up to room temperature.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips until completely melted.
- Slowly stir in coffee liqueur into the melted chocolate. Remove from heat, so you don't burn the chocolate.
- Use a food processor or blender. Add Silken Tofu, honey and vanilla. Blend on high speed for about 2 minutes, until smooth and well blended.
- Carefully open the spout of the blender or food processor and slowly pour in the hot chocolate mixture while it's still blending on medium speed. The melted chocolate has to be hot in order to get the consistency needed for this chocolate pie. Close the lid.
- Press on the highest speed, and puree for a few minutes, until mixture is well combined.
- Pour chocolate mixture into a 9-inch pie crust.
- Chill uncovered for 3 to 4 hours, then you can cover or lightly wrap with clear wrap and chill overnight, which is best. Garnish with some white chocolate shavings on top before serving if you like. Serve slices with whipped cream on the side.
- Yields: 8 to 10 slices
Don’t forget to enter your email address in our ‘Subscribe Box’ and get our recipes FREE every time we post! Also, you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
Have a great day! Thanks for stopping by! 🙂
Anna and Liz
Welcome! From Anna and Liz
We believe the kitchen is the center and the heart of the home. It is where we cook, eat, and unwind with family and friends, creating memorable traditions! Read more…
Sign Up For Our Email List
Something delicious for your inbox! Subscribe and join our email list and get all our recipes FREE!