Panna Cotta Pie with Lingonberries and Chocolate Ganache is a white creamy pudding-like dessert, in a pie version. A combination of classic panna cotta and cheesecake whipped together and chilled in a walnut graham cracker crust, makes this a luscious and delicious dessert to serve anytime. Yum!
There are 3 parts to this luscious filling and delicious dessert!
First, there is a layer of tart lingonberries jam on the bottom.
Next, a sweet white pudding-like filling is poured over a bottom layer of the lingonberries jam.
Finally, this dessert is topped with a bittersweet chocolate ganache, making this an elegant pie to serve for the holidays.
This “NO-BAKE” Panna Cotta with Lingoberries and Chocolate Ganache in a pie version is SO DREAMY and SO good, everyone will ask you for the recipe – for sure.
For this dessert, the crust of this pie is the only thing you will have to bake for a few minutes to set it. The crust is loaded with graham cracker crumbs, chopped walnuts, and butter.
It offers a nutty flavor along with a subtle crunch and the perfect backdrop to this creamy panna cotta pie!
The chocolate ganache on top is made with bittersweet dark chocolate, butter, and heavy cream. And it takes this pie to the next level, complementing its creamy white filling.
The best surprise I think in this pie is the sweet and tart flavors of the lingonberries with every bite.
What are Lingonberries?
Lingonberries are in the same family as raspberries. They are small, tart red berries popular in Scandinavia for use in jams and syrups, and they contain if not more antioxidants and vitamins than raspberries.
In this dessert, they offer subtle, but enough sweet and tart flavors to satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth.
All together, they make a perfect combination in this panna cotta pie with lingonberries and chocolate ganache! Everyone will rave about this panna cotta pie!
You might enjoy these recipes as well, try our:
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
… Thanks for PINNING!
More Delicious Desserts!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/3 cup walnuts -chopped
- 1 stick unsalted butter - melted
Panna Cotta Filling:
- 1 jar Lingonberries Jam
- 1 (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 + 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 package clear gelatin
- 1/2 cup Ghirardelli premium baking chips, bittersweet chocolate
- 3 Tbsp. butter- melted
- 1/2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine cracker crumbs, sugar, walnuts, and melted butter. Transfer to one 9 inch springform pan or two 7 inch springform pans (which are photographed above). Use a cup to help press the crumb mixture into the bottom and up the sides.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes. Remove, allow to cool, and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, pour 1/4 cup of heavy cream and sprinkle one package of gelatin on top. Allow sitting for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn heat to medium-low. Heat the gelatin for about 1 minute. Stir in sugar, 1 cup of heavy cream, and vanilla. Stir until sugar dissolves and bubbles begin to form around the pan. DO NOT bring to a full boil.
- Using an electric blender, add ricotta cheese and blend at low speed. Slowly pour in the hot cream mixture through the top opening of the blender. Close the opening of the top.
- Blend on the HIGHEST SPEED for 5 minutes. This is the key to giving Panna Cotta its silky smooth texture.
- Using a teaspoon, gently add and spread some lingonberries jam on the bottom of the crust, about 5 ounces or half of the jar.
- Gently pour the warm cream mixture into the pie crust.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours, or overnight is best.
- Using a double boiler, melt chocolate chips with butter. Stir in about 1/2 tablespoon of heavy cream. This will give the chocolate an easier texture to work with.
- Remove from heat. Allow the chocolate to cool for a few minutes.
- Gently pour the chocolate ganache over the already chilled Panna Cotta pie, return to refrigerate again for one hour more to chill and set before serving.
- Serves 8 to 10
Here's a Tip: If you are short for time, and need to chill this panna cotta pie quickly, carefully place your pie into the freezer for one and a half hours. Remove, then add chocolate ganache on top. Return pie to your refrigerator until ready to serve.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 289Total Fat: 20gCarbohydrates: 20.2gFiber: 1.4gSugar: 8.5gProtein: 6.6g