Imagine an old-time favorite sandwich in a dip? Well, try our Loaded BLT Dip! It is loaded with crispy bacon, cheddar cheese, and fresh tomatoes, and has all the essential flavors in a classic BLT sandwich, only in a dip. The bacon is what makes this dip outstanding, along with 5 additional ingredients, all served on a bed of Romaine lettuce. YUM! …what could be better?
Honestly, this loaded BLT dip is sensational – hands down!
What is a BLT Dip?
It’s basically a delicious appetizer that resembles an American classic sandwich, only in a dip!
A BLT sandwich is commonly made with bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwiched between toasted bread and lots of mayo.
The BLT sandwich became popular in many Diners across the country, for those who wanted an inexpensive sandwich for lunch.
It was easy to prepare because the Diners already had cooked bacon along with sliced tomatoes and lettuce. Today, the BLT sandwich is still popular on menus across the country.
Our BLT Dip is a crowd-pleaser dip! And you should make it for your next gathering.
This dip is loaded with fresh ingredients and lots of flavors. Plus, it’s amazingly luscious and creamy!
From my experience, I guarantee it will be enjoyed by all.
What makes this the best Loaded BLT Dip?
1. First and foremost, once you fully cook the bacon, the rest comes together easily and in minutes.
2. Secondly, you can serve this BLT dip two ways! Either CHILLED (as I did here today), or you can serve it baked in a small ramekin dishes.
3. QUICK TIP for BAKING! To serve it warm/hot, you only need to transfer the mixture into an 8 x 8 baking dish. Sprinkle some additional cheddar cheese on top, and bake it in the oven, at 350 degrees F (180C) for 20 minutes, until it is heated through and cheese melts on top. Then allow it to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Ingredients Needed for our Loaded BLT Dip…
uncured bacon (about 7 to 8 slices) ( I used Applegate)
shredded cheddar cheese
1 ripe tomato
some romaine lettuce
How to make our Loaded BLT Dip: (full recipe card below)
1. First, cook the bacon until it’s fully cooked and crispy. You can cook the bacon two ways, in a skillet on the stove-top, and drain on paper towels. Or you can bake the bacon on a baking sheet in the oven at 400 degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes until the bacon is fully cooked.
*oops…I accidentally left out the container of sour cream (as one of the ingredients) in the photo above.
2. In a mixing bowl, use a fork to mash the cream cheese and blend it with the mayo and sour cream until it’s creamy smooth.
3. Next, stir in the crumbled bacon and cheddar cheese. Mix until the mixture is well combined. Finally, stir in the diced tomato.
4. Place a few ribs of romaine lettuce on a serving dish or platter. Spoon the mixture onto the bed of lettuce. Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving. Garnish with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese and freshly chopped parsley.
5. Serve with sliced crusty crostini, corn chips, toasted pitas, or crackers.
Tips and Notes for Success…
To make the BEST BLT Dip, we recommend using real bacon for this recipe. It makes all the difference in the world.
You can cook the bacon two ways. Either in a skillet on the stove-top, turning them over until they are fully cooked. Then drain on paper towels.
Or you can bake the bacon on a baking sheet in the oven at 400 degrees for 12 to 18 minutes until the bacon is fully cooked. Then drain on paper towels.
It’s not recommended to cook the bacon in the microwave, because the bacon will become soggy and you won’t be able to crumble it as well.
Try this dip and enjoy!!
Ok, now you can save, tag, or Pin to your favorite board!
Additional Delicious and Fun Appetizers…
- Carrot and Spinach Dip
- Everything Baked Potato Dip
- Easy Baked Shishito Peppers
- Roasted Spicy Maple Chicken Wings
- Easy Hot Chili Cheese Dip
- Parmesan Pastry Pups
- Authentic Tzatziki Sauce
- 8-ounces of uncured bacon ( about 7 to 8 slices) (I used Applegate)
- 4-ounces (1/2 of brick) cream cheese - softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded (mild or sharp) cheddar cheese
- 1 ripe tomato - seed and flesh removed and diced
- 3 to 4 pieces of romaine lettuce
- First, cook the bacon until it's fully cooked and crispy. You can cook the bacon two ways, in a skillet on the stove-top, and drain on paper towels. Or you can bake the bacon on a baking sheet in the oven at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes until the bacon is fully cooked.
- In a mixing bowl, use a fork to mash the cream cheese and blend it with the mayo and sour cream until it's creamy smooth.
- Next, stir in the crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese, and diced tomato. Mix until the mixture is well combined.
- Place a few ribs of romaine lettuce on a serving dish or platter. Spoon the mixture onto the bed of lettuce. Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving. Garnish with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese and freshly chopped parsley.
- Serve with sliced crusty bread, toasted pitas, or your favorite corn chips.
- Yields: 2.5 cups
Yield:8 to 12 servings
Serving Size:1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 169Total Fat: 12.7gCarbohydrates: 3.3gProtein: 6.5g
In case you missed it…
Most Popular Recipes of the Week:
- Baked Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole
- Fast & Easy Oven Roasted Baby Back Ribs
- Sauteed Spinach with Tomatoes
- How to Grill Zucchini Perfectly
- Flounder Fillets in Lemon Sauce
Any questions? Ask away!
If you try our Best Loaded BLT Dip, please come back and leave a star rating and review. It’s so helpful to other readers to read your results, adaptations, and ideas for variations.
Join our Baking and Cooking family!!
Don’t forget to enter your email in our “Subscribe Box” and get our recipes “FREE” every time we post a new one!!
Have fun and snap a photo and share it on Pinterest, be sure to tag us #2sistersrecipes and on Instagram @2sistersrecipes. We’d love to see and share what you cook. 😉 This recipe was inspired and adapted from Allrecipes.
For more delicious recipes and ideas, follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Stay Healthy and Happy Entertaining! 🙂
thanks for stopping by…
xo Anna and Liz
Welcome! From Anna and Liz
We believe the kitchen is the center and the heart of the home. It is where we cook, eat, and unwind with family and friends, creating memorable traditions! Read more…
Sign Up For Our Email List
Something delicious for your inbox! Subscribe and join our email list and get all our recipes FREE!