5-Ingredient Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Cookies. Try these bite-size peanut butter and jelly sandwich cookies with a subtle flavor of grape jelly sandwiched between them. With a melt-in-your-mouth texture and delicious flavors, makes them totally irresistible! These 5-Ingredient Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Cookies are so darn cute, they make the perfect little snack when you need one!
We all can relate to eating peanut butter and jelly sandwishes as kids. It brings us back to our childhood memories, even us Italian kids ate them.
So when I decided to make a batch of peanut butter cookies, this idea to make them sandwich cookies came to mind.
Cookies are not only easy to whip up, but they’re a favorite any time of the year. They’re easy to serve family and friends, at casual gatherings, and best to serve them at special occasions, and holidays.
You don’t need a fork or spoon, only a napkin will do.
And, these little bite-size sandwich cookies are the perfect size when you just need something sweet.
HOW TO MAKE THESE PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY SANDWICH COOKIES?
Ingredients Needed to Make Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Cookies:
- creamy peanut butter
- brown sugar
- one egg
- baking soda
- grape jelly
Easy Directions to Make Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Cookies…
Step 1: Mix all the ingredients into one mixing bowl.
Next Step: Using your hands, to make small balls out of the cookie dough. Place them onto a baking sheet.
Step 3: Use a small fork to lightly press down on to each ball.
Now Bake: Bake cookies in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F (180C) for about 8 minutes, until golden).
Final Step: Once cookies have cooled down, spread a little grape jelly on the bottom of a cookie and close it with the bottom of a second cookie to sandwich.
To Store and Freeze:
- Store these little sandwich cookies in a sealed container. They will stay fresh for more than a week, (if they last that long).
- Also, they freeze well too. You can store them in zip-lock bags or in a plastic container. They will freeze well for up to 2 months.
This idea came to me when I saw sandwich cookies in a magazine and thought to myself, I can make these cookies for my family but in a different version and with different flavors.
So instead I decided to use my 4-ingredient peanut butter cookie recipe which I have been making for years.
Only this time, I made them into bite-size cookies. Rolling the cookie dough into smaller balls, then pressing down slightly on top of each one with a small fork.
This gave these cookies a smaller appearance, similar to the size of a quarter, and it even doubled the number of cookies in one batch.
So, turning them into sandwich cookies was a no-brainer! 😉
And, I couldn’t be more pleased with the outcome.
I mean, come on, these were so easy …and so darn cute!
Making peanut butter and jelly sandwich cookies – with only 5 ingredients? … is great, don’t you think?!
With only 8 minutes to bake, you’ll have these desirable little treats on the table in no time!
Everyone will enjoy them. … and I mean, everyone!
Adorable cookies, with flavors that bring back our childhood memories of our favorite peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
OK, I think I said enough… now you should make these little cookies for your family, friends, or for yourself.
This recipe is definitely a keeper!
Finally, try these recipes for Bite-Size Cookies:
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar ( light or dark)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/3 cup Concord grape jelly
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180C).
- In a mixing bowl, stir together peanut butter, brown sugar, egg, and baking soda. Stir with a fork or with a whisk vigorously, until fully incorporated.
- Roll dough into small balls, the size of a nickel, about 3/4-inch. And transfer to an ungreased baking pan, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Take a small fork and gently press down on top of each ball.
- Bake until cookies are puffed and starting to brown around the edges, about 8 minutes. Let them cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Spread about 1/2 teaspoon of grape jelly on the bottom of one cookie and sandwich with the second cookie.
- Yields: about 22 to 24 sandwich cookies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 90Sodium: 70mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gProtein: 2g
Thanks for Pinning!