Healthy Oatmeal Cranberry Nut Cookies are loaded with cranberries, walnuts, low-fat cream cheese, and old fashioned uncooked oats. Sweet and chewy oatmeal cookies, I can honestly grab a couple of these cookies, along with my mug of coffee, run out the door and enjoy them as my breakfast on the go ! Best of all, guilt-free!
I wanted a cookie that I could feel good about without the guilt. And this is that cookie!
To cut the fat and calories in these cookies, I decided to use less butter and add some low-fat cream cheese in the recipe. The cream cheese, believe it or not, actually is the secret to giving these cookies their chewy texture.
Plus, a handful of cranberries and walnuts were added for some sweetness, a little crunch and some extra Omega-3’s. These cookies turned out amazing!
They were really good and delicious and not overly sweet.
Perfect to snack on in the afternoon with some tea or coffee. They will satisfy any sweet cravings one may have during the day.
I like to keep these oatmeal cranberry nut cookies in my freezer, so I can easily grab one or two when hunger strikes again later in the day.
I can honestly tell you, if my girls love these little oatmeal cranberry nut cookies, so will your kids!
A healthier cookie for the family is the way to go! Don’t you think?
Here’s a Tip:
I store these cookies in air-tight containers and refrigerate them.
They stay fresh up to two weeks. And, they freeze well too, up to one month.
…Thanks for Pinning!
You may enjoy these cookie recipes too!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Total Time 22 minutes
- 1+ 3/4 cups of all -purpose flour
- 1+ 3/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup of butter, softened
- 6 oz. reduced fat cream cheese
- 1+ 1/2 cups of firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups uncooked regular oats
- 3/4 cup walnuts -chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Lightly spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray or use parchment paper.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Using a larger bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla. Gradually add the flour mixture, beating at a low speed. Stir in the oats, cranberries and walnuts.
- Drop dough by teaspoon onto baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes, until golden brown. Remove and cool completely.
- Store them in plastic bags. Refrigerated for up to 2 weeks, or freeze them for one month.
- Yields 3 dozen.