Roasted Spicy Maple Chicken Wings are tender, mildly spicy and positively delicious! Roasted rather than fried, and topped with a homemade glaze made with 3 ingredients, makes these chicken wings not only taste amazing, but healthier too! Perfect for all game-nights!
These are organic chicken wings and they come in small packages with little chicken wings and drumsticks, about a pound in weight, and they come 12 to 14 in each package. It’s a brand called Smart Chicken and I found them in Harris Teeter.
But what I love most about them, besides being organic, is that they come already cleaned. Their wings are already clipped and trimmed.
NO fuss and NO need to do any extra work to prepare them, which saves time in the prep work!
Simply roast, glaze and serve! If you love chicken wings, and not the super hot and spicy ones, then this recipe for roasted spicy maple chicken wings is for you!
How To Make Roasted Spicy Maple Chicken Wings:
Just open the package, toss them into a bowl and drizzle extra virgin olive oil over them. Sprinkle some salt and black pepper and toss to coat them evenly.
Then roast them on a baking rack for 25 minutes.
Next, remove the wings from oven. Toss them again with my spicy maple glaze and return them back into the oven to roast for additional 5 to 8 minutes, until the glaze sets.
Each package of these chicken wings will cost about $5.oo. So if you purchase 4 packages for a small crowd, that will cost about $20.00, not bad!
Because there is a huge advantage and difference in the quality with these organic wings. And if you are curious, here is an article about, “if organically grown chicken is better for us.”
Yes, you will pay a few more dollars than the pre-packaged party-size wings, but they are worth it! These wings are meatier, moist and tender.
Plus, my spicy maple sauce makes these wings moderately spicy, which I LOVE that! In fact, these chicken wings are not as spicy as most chicken wings are expected to be.
With this recipe, you can expect enough spice that is pleasant to the palate, not overbearing. That’s a win-win for me!
A Few Notes and Tips for Success!
1. If you can find organic, buy them. Best to buy organic chicken wings, they are 100% better in quality and in taste.
2. Roast these chicken wings on a baking rack, over a baking sheet. They will cook evenly and brown better.
3. It’s best to line the baking sheet with foil wrap for easy clean up. And as you can see, I forgot to do that here. 🙁 But the clean-up wasn’t too bad, since I sprayed the cooking sheet with some cooking oil. So either one will work!
4. My family loves the Cholula hot sauce, and it works perfectly in this recipe. No this is not a sponsored post, we just love this hot sauce. You can choose and use your favorite hot sauce, and adjust the amount you prefer.
5. Just before you toss in the wings into my spicy maple glaze, taste it! Then adjust to the level of spiciness you desire, adding in more hot sauce. My amount of hot sauce in this recipe will give you that delicious sweet and spicy flavors, but delicately.
6. Keep in mind, because these chicken wings are lightly spicy, you can serve extra hot sauce on the side for dipping, to please your spicy fans!
Your family will love these Roasted Spicy Maple Chicken Wings!
They turned out better than I expected! I bet everyone will rave about these wings! NO mess, not greasy, and not messy to eat! They turned out perfect!
Serve it with a side of our Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese and call it a day!
Whether you are planning a Super Bowl party or attending one, in case you are looking for more appetizers, check out these recipes: Our 12 Favorite Super Bowl Recipes!
Also, try our other healthy, fun appetizer! Our Cauliflower Wings with Buffalo Sauce!
Anyway, try this recipe! It won’t disappoint! 🙂
Have a great day everyone! ENJOY!!
- 1 package organic chicken wings (about 12 - 14 wings)
- 1 +1/2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- freshly chopped parsley, as garnish
Spicy Maple Sauce:
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 3 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 tsp. hot sauce ( Cholula hot sauce)
- Preheat oven to Roast at 425 degrees F (220 C).
- Line a baking sheet with a sheet of foil wrap, for easy clean-up. Place a baking rack on top of that. Set it nearby.
- In a mixing bow, toss in the chicken wings, and drizzle olive oil over them. Toss in the garlic powder and some salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Use 2 large spoons and toss the wings until they are well coated with the olive oil. Then transfer them onto the baking rack. Transfer to the oven.
- Roast chicken wings for 15 to 20 minutes, they will be sizzling in the oven. Pull them out, and turn each one over, using kitchen tongs. Return them to the oven and continue to roast for additional 10 to 12 minutes, until they turn golden brown and cooked evenly.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir to combine maple syrup, soy sauce and hot sauce. Taste the sauce, and here is where you can add in more hot sauce to your preference.
- Remove the chicken wings from oven. Toss them into a mixing bowl, pour in the spicy maple sauce over them. Toss them while they are still hot. Keep tossing them until they are well coated with the spicy maple glaze. Using kitchen tongs again to transfer the wings back onto the rack. Then spoon over each wing with the remaining sauce from the bottom of the bowl.
- Return wings to the oven, and continue to Roast glazed wings for additional 5 to 8 minutes, until the glaze turns golden brown.
- Remove, transfer to a serving platter and serve. Serve them alone, or serve with some hot sauce on the side, for dipping. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley or chives on top.
- Yields: 3 to 4 servings.
Hello friends! If you make these delicious roasted spicy maple chicken wings, please let us know and leave a comment with a star rating in our recipe card! We’d love to hear from you!
Have fun and snap a photo and share it on Instagram and on Pinterest; be sure to tag us @2sistersrecipes.
Plus, NEVER MISS our Recipes! Subscribe to 2 Sisters Recipes Weekly Newsletter and get all new posts, and reminders of some great older ones too!
HAPPY COOKING!! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!
Anna and Liz
This post contains affiliate links.
* 2 Sisters Recipes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Amazon Associates is designed to provide a means for websites to earn commission fees by linking to amazon.com, with no extra cost to you! It helps pay for our web hosting and services for this blog. We truly appreciate and thank you for all your support!