Sausage Bites with Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce. Delicious, moist and tender, these Sausage Bites are baked until fully cooked and served with a Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce that takes only minutes to whip up. Perfect to serve at your next party! And wonderful to make ahead and reheat, too.
Let’s face it – the men in our lives need something more than a hummus dip with veggies or crackers. When planning a soiree with a few friends, it’s a good idea to have something more substantial served as an appetizer especially if you are only serving appetizers and drinks.
Italian sausage links are the easiest meats to bake or even to grill and serve! They’re also easy on your wallet!
So why not turn these sausage links into Sausage Bites and serve them as as appetizer at your next party? Only this time serve them with an easy and delicious Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce!
Sausage Bites involves no prep work at all (compared to making cocktail meatballs). It’s simply a package of Italian sausage links (the large ones), thrown into a baking pan and baked until they are fully cooked. Then cut each link into 4 equal parts and coat them with some of the sweet and sour sauce. Then serve them with toothpicks.
I have been baking sausages for years and never thought to post them as an easy, bite-size appetizer, until now. Only this time, instead of using our usual tomato sauce as the dipping sauce, I wanted to try something completely different.
And a sweet and sour sauce sounded just the thing to try!
As I searched the web for a few recipes, I decided to come up with my own concoction. The sauce is a very simple one. Just heat up some of my favorite Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce along with brown sugar, ketchup and vinegar.
If you haven’t heard or even tried my favorite Soy Vay Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce, I have to tell you it’s my “go-to” sauce for marinading meats and fish. I use it often in my stir-fry dishes or just use it as a simple dip. It’s Kosher certified, preservative-free and contains NO high-fructose corn syrup. And it’s delicious!
Sausage Bites with Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce turned out SO delicious and SO tasty! I think you will enjoy them as much as we did.
Thanks for Pinning!
Hey Friends! Don’t forget to enter your email address in our ‘Subscribe Box’ and get our recipes FREE every time we post!
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by! 🙂
Anna and Liz
- 1 package of Italian sweet sausage links (4 to 5 large links)
- ⅓ cup of Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce ( I used Soy Vay)
- 3 Tbsp. packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. ketchup
- 2 tsp. apple-cider vinegar
- Dried or fresh chopped chives
- Remove the sausages from the package and allow them to warm up to room temperature for a few minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- Layer a baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Place the sausages in a single layer on the prepared baking pan, but separate them, should not be touching.
- Take a fork and lightly prick each one a few times, about 3 times in each link.
- Bake sausages for 25 - 30 minutes, until they are fully brown and cooked through.
- Remove from oven. Use a fork and sharp knife to slice them into 4 equal parts.
- In a small sauce pan, and on low heat, stir Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce with light brown sugar, ketchup and vinegar, until the sugar is fully dissolved and allow the sauce to thicken a little, about 2 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Drop a few already cooked sausage bites (in small batches) into the heated sauce to coat them. Pick up each sausage bite (allowing excess sauce to drip back into the pan) and place onto serving platter. Place toothpicks into each one. Garnish with a sprinkle on top with dried or fresh chopped chives and serve. If you need more dipping sauce, repeat the ingredients and heat up additional sauce.
- Serve warm with extra dipping sauce on the side.
* You can grill them on your outside gas grill for 15 to 20 minutes until they are cooked through.
* Don't have time to make your own sauce? You can buy your favorite brand of sweet & sour sauce from your local supermarket. Just heat up about ½ cup or more and coat the sausage bites with the warm sauce before serving.
* They heat up very nicely. Warm them in a 350 F degrees oven for about 10 minutes and heat up the sauce before serving.