These Easy Fried Ravioli are delicious bite-size ravioli loaded with cheese and quickly fried until crispy crunchy on the outside. Tender filling with a crispy crunch in every bite! They’re even more delicious served with a spicy tomato sauce, for dipping. Fried Ravioli is a fun finger-food appetizer and a crowd-pleaser every time we serve them.
How to Make Easy Fried Ravioli:
Fried ravioli is not time-consuming to make.
In fact, the recipe is easier than you think! Simply because I picked up these fresh ravioli off the shelves in the refrigerator section at our local supermarket.
And they were not the frozen ones, which means – there’s no need to defrost them or even boil them beforehand.
1. Just open the package. Then work with a few portions of ravioli at a time.
2. First, by quickly dipping them into an egg mixture then into a bread crumb mixture then lightly fry them until golden brown.
3. Next, warm up your favorite marinara sauce, pour some into a small bowl, and stir in some crushed red pepper, or you can just sprinkle the red pepper flakes directly on top of the sauce and serve!
Easy to reheat them too! They are super easy, crunchy, and delicious!
You can find various brands and various sizes of ravioli in the refrigerated sections in most supermarkets. These happen to be the smaller and cheese-filled ravioli’s.
But you can use any size ravioli you prefer.
I enjoy making these fried ravioli for my family and their friends, especially on game nights. Speaking of which, Super Bowl is around the corner….. I think I will add these to my list of grubs to serve on that night and I hope you will too!
More Fun Appetizers! Try these:
3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated pecorino cheese
1/4 tsp. dried parsley
2 eggs, lightly beaten
pinch of salt and black pepper
1 Tbsp. half and half or milk
35 small ravioli ( not frozen ones)
1 Tbsp. olive oil, for frying
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
fresh grated Parmesan cheese
warmed marinara sauce, for dipping
crushed red pepper flakes, for the sauce
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs with pecorino cheese and dried parsley, and set aside.
- In a second bowl, combine beaten eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper and half and half.
- Pour vegetable oil and olive oil into a small non-stick frying pan and heat over medium-low heat.
- Open a package of ravioli. Using kitchen tongs, pick up a few ravioli's at a time and dip into the egg mixture, coat both sides, then dip into the bread crumb mixture and place each one into the frying pan. Fill the frying pan with any many as you can, but keep them in a single layer.
- Fry ravioli's for about 1 minute and turn them over to fry the other side for about 1 minute or 2 until they turn golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Transfer fried ravioli to a serving platter and sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over them.
- Heat tomato sauce in a small bowl. Transfer sauce into a serving bowl and top it with a 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes on top or stir them into the sauce. Place it in the middle of the fried ravioli or nearby.
- Serve warm.
…Thanks for Pinning!
Hello friends! Are you cooking or baking with us? If you make our easy fried ravioli, let us know and leave a comment and a star rating below! Sharing your experience and insights will not only help those who read them but will help us too!
You may snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram, and tag us @2sistersrecipes, and on Pinterest. We’d love to see what you cook and share your photos with the world! 🙂
Plus, NEVER MISS our Recipes! …enter your email in our ” WEEKLY SUBSCRIBE BOX” and get them FREE every time we post a new recipe and reminders of some great older ones too!
Thanks for stopping by!
xo Anna and Liz