Parmesan Truffle Oil Potato Wedges are truffle fries made with russet potatoes cut into wedges and roasted in the oven with grated parmesan cheese, herbs and truffle flavored olive oil. So yummy! These parmesan truffle fries make a delicious game-grub appetizer or a perfect side.
Crispy, flavorful, and absolutely delicious, everyone will love these parmesan truffle oil potato wedges! Similar to our Oven Steak Fries – Restaurant Style!
I made these parmesan crusted potato wedges the other night for our Saturday night gathering with family and friends and served them as a side dish for dinner.
They turned out to be a hit! …But I didn’t take any photos. 🙁
So I decided to make them again so I could get the exact measurements of the ingredients, and take some photos. By the way, I am eating these delicious potatoes as I am writing this post. 😉
These potato wedges are so good and so tasty, …trust me…they will go fast!
How to Make Parmesan Truffle Oil Potato Wedges…
1. First, rinse the potatoes.
2. Working with one potato at a time, slice each potato in half, lengthwise.
3. Then slice each half, lengthwise into thirds. If the potato is very large and thick, you can slice each half into fourths.
4. Arrange wedges in a single layer on your prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle over them with all the dry seasonings (full recipe card below).
5. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove and turn them over. Then scatter with grated Parmesan cheese over them. Continue to roast for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
*QUICK NOTE: If you prefer, you can sprinkle cheese on both sides of the potato wedges for additional flavor.
6. Remove and drizzle with Truffle Oil flavored olive oil over the wedges and serve.
What is Truffle Flavored Olive Oil?
Truffle oil is good-quality olive oil that has been infused with either white or black truffles. Both types of truffles have an earthy, mushroom flavor and it’s primarily used as a condiment. It is a very delicate oil and should not be cooked with.
Where Can We Find Truffle Oil?
You can find truffle oils at specialty stores and at times even at Costco. But they will sell them only when truffles are in season, which is the fall and winter months.
You can also purchase them on amazon. There are two brands I prefer, both links are provided:
1. “Olioficio FAM” White Truffle Flavored Olive Oil, and the other
2. “Urbani” White Truffle Flavored Olive Oil. Both are products of Italy.
With a distinct flavor of the truffle oil and the crusted parmesan cheese on top, they turned out absolutely unique and delicious!
Try them! They are perfect to serve as game-grub or as a side dish. Serve them with a side of our Mom’s Quick Marinara Sauce for dipping!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 6 russet potatoes
- 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil - divided
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder (or 1 Tbsp. minced garlic)
- 1 + 1/4 tsp. herbes de Provence
- freshly cracked sea salt and black pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp. white truffle flavored olive oil
- Preheat oven to Roast at 425 degrees F, (218 C). Drizzle about 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil on the bottom of a large baking sheet. Set it aside.
- Rinse the potatoes in a bowl of cold water.
- Slice the potatoes lengthwise and then into wedges. First, slice each potato in half, then slice each half into thirds or fourths. Each potato should yield about 6 to 7 wedges, depending on the size of each potato.
- Arrange wedges in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle additional 2 tablespoons of olive oil over them. Then scatter on top with the dried herbs, garlic powder, freshly cracked sea salt, and black pepper.
- Roast (or Bake) in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Pull them out and use a spatula to turn them over. Scatter over them with grated Parmesan cheese, then return them back into the oven and continue to roast for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, until golden crispy.
- Remove from oven, and drizzle white truffle flavored olive oil over them. Then use a spatula to remove the potatoes and transfer them to a serving platter and serve.
- Serves 4 to 6