Our Ravioli Bake Casserole is a delicious combination and full flavor of a ravioli dish, only that it’s in a casserole! With a 10-minute prep and only 5 ingredients, this ravioli bake casserole is quick and effortless! Perfect for busy weeknights and impressive enough for guests.
The Ravioli Bake Casserole…
Everyone will love this fun, cheesy flavor of our ravioli casserole. It’s like a lasagna but without all the fuss! It’s simple, satisfying, and delicious! And leftovers are never a problem to reheat the next day.
This ravioli casserole tastes like you spent a lot of time preparing it. But the secret is the easy preparation. Best of all, you can make it in advance and freeze it for later use.
Plus, you can easily double this recipe and bake it in a larger casserole dish to feed a crowd.
What you’ll need to make this Ravioli Casserole…
For this easy recipe, you will need these 5 simple ingredients and a baking dish:
- one 9-inch pie baking dish.
- a package of refrigerated round spinach and cheese ravioli.
- some of our mom’s quick marinara sauce, which I had on hand.
- and two kinds of cheeses, shredded mozzarella, and grated parmesan.
- some fresh basil
How To Make Our RAVIOLI BAKE CASSEROLE?
There are 4-easy steps to making our ravioli casserole:
STEP #1: Pour the marinara sauce into the baking dish, and spread it evenly to cover the bottom of the dish.
STEP #2: Lay ravioli side by side and in one single layer. Spoon tomato sauce over the ravioli and scatter with both kinds of cheeses, grated parmesan, and shredded mozzarella.
STEP #3: Lay the second layer of ravioli on top. Spoon with the remaining sauce, grated parmesan, and shredded mozzarella. Optional: toss some basil leaves on top.
FINAL STEP 4: Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a preheated oven for about 35 to 40 minutes. Then uncover and continue to bake for additional 5 minutes until the sauce is bubbling around the edges and the cheese on top is completely melted.
QUICK NOTE: Here is where you have a choice to cover and store it until you’re ready to bake it. Or you can bake it for dinner, or freeze it for another time before baking.
This ravioli casserole makes a great dish for the whole family to enjoy.
Serve it with a green salad on the side, and dinner is done!
Questions and Answers…
- Can We Use “Square” Ravioli? I had a package of refrigerated round ravioli that I found at Costco. But you can use the “square” ravioli as well. Also, any ravioli of your choice, cheese-filled or other fillings will work well.
- How Much Marinara Sauce Do We Need? I used only 2 cups for our 9-inch baking dish and about 16 round ravioli.
- Can We Use Jarred Tomato Sauce? Yes, you can. If you prefer to use your favorite jarred sauce with this recipe – go for it! But we recommend a tomato and basil sauce.
- How Many Layers of Ravioli in this Casserole? I made only 2 layers of ravioli and that’s because the ravioli I used was very thick, and also I used a shallow baking dish.
- Can I Add Additional Layers of Ravioli? Yes, but I recommend using a larger size casserole dish and not as shallow as the pie dish, as I did. Also, keep in mind, that you will need additional marinara sauce and cheeses.
- Can We Add Meat to this Casserole? I don’t see why not. Feel free to add a meat sauce like our mom’s classic bolognese sauce to give it more protein.
Keep in mind, that you can use any leftover sauce you may have, or you can try our recipe for The Sunday Sauce (6 recipes!)
If you have a special diet? …you may try these options:
- Amy’s Vegan Spinach & Cheese Ravioli
- Gluten-Free Spinach & Cheese Ravioli
- Capellos Spinach & Cheese Ravioil (grain-free)
To Store, Freeze, and Reheat…
- To Store: Cover the baking dish with clear wrap or aluminum foil and keep it chilled in your refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can reheat leftovers easily in the microwave or your oven, until warm.
- To Freeze: If baked, it’s best to wait until the ravioli has cooled down before freezing. Then cover and freeze, for up to 3 weeks. You can freeze it before baking as well.
- To Thaw: It is best to leave the casserole on your counter for several hours, or thaw it in your refrigerator overnight. Then reheat or bake as directed in our recipe card.
This Ravioli Bake Casserole is deliciously cheesy and filling! Your family and friends will love the new and “upgraded twist” to a familiar ravioli dinner.
After you make it the first time, you’ll want to keep it on rotation.
Try this recipe, you’ll be glad you did!
Finally, a few more easy casseroles for dinner!
- Easy Baked Long Fusilli Casserole
- Baked Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole
- Best Rice Ball Casserole Stuffed with Meat and Peas
- How to Make Lasagna with No-Boil Noodles (4-Easy Steps)
- 2 cups marinara tomato sauce - divided
- 1 pound spinach and cheese ravioli - refrigerated (about 16 ravioli)
- 2 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese - divided
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella - divided
- a few fresh basil leaves
- 9-inch round baking dish
- Preheat the oven to Bake at 350 degrees F (175C).
- Pour 3/4 cup of tomato sauce on the bottom of the 9-inch baking dish and spread it evenly in a single layer.
- Lay the ravioli on top of the tomato sauce, (about 8 ravioli) side by side and fit as many as you can to make the first layer.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of tomato sauce over the ravioli. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese, then scatter with 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella.
- Next, layer the 2nd layer of ravioli on top, keeping them side-by-side. Cover the ravioli with the remaining tomato sauce, grated parmesan cheese, and shredded mozzarella.
- Cover with a sheet of aluminum foil. Place the baking dish on the center rack of your oven.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Then uncover, and continue to bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbling around the edges. Toss some fresh basil leaves on top. Then serve.
Yields: 4 to 6 servings
Yield:4 to 6 servings
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 257Total Fat: 6.8gSaturated Fat: .5gCarbohydrates: 38.5gFiber: 1.3gSugar: 4gProtein: 10.8g
Nutrition Facts: Serving size: 1 serving Servings: 6 Amount per serving Calories: 257, Total Fat: 6.8g, Saturated Fat: 0.5g Cholesterol 21mg Sodium: 395mg Total Carbohydrate: 38.5g, Dietary Fiber: 1.3g, Total Sugars: 4g Protein: 10.8g Calcium: 30mg Iron: 1mg.
Hello friends, are you cooking with us? We hope to inspire you to cook and bake with our recipes.
And, if you try our delicious recipe for Ravioli Bake Casserole, let us know and leave a comment and a star rating below! We’d love to hear from you! It not only helps everyone who reads them, but it helps us too.
Have fun and snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram and Pinterest; be sure to tag us. Don’t forget to enter your email in our ‘Subscribe Box’ and be the first to get new recipes “FREE” every time we post a new recipe, and reminders of great older ones too!
Happy Baking! 😉
thanks for stopping by…
xo anna and liz