Sweet, simple, and flavorful, Beets and Mango Salad. When you combine beets with mango, fresh herbs, and a raspberry vinaigrette, you get delightful tasting beets and mango salad! Nutritious and great-tasting, this salad is nothing short but delicious!
We love the salad season! And how often do we get to make a salad that contains fruit and veggies and is loaded with flavor and high nutrients?
You may already be familiar with our other veggie and fruit salads, like our Fennel and Apple Salad, Healthy Apple and Bok Choy Salad, and Baby Arugula Watermelon Granola Salad, just to name a few.
But when you combine beets with mango? They truly pair perfectly in this salad, and not to mention, it’s easy to make and guaranteed delicious tasting!
No need for any mayo or dairy in this salad. Only a simple vinaigrette will do!
HERE’S a Great Tip! …Don’t have time to cook or boil fresh beets?
No problem. You can now buy them as “already cooked beets” and they are even sliced for you. You can find them at Trader Joe’s, or in your freezer section of most supermarkets.
How to Make our Beets and Mango Salad?
For this recipe, you will need:
- fresh beets or already cooked beets – about 2 to 3 small or medium-sized.
- mango – one medium-size mango will suffice.
- some fresh herbs – freshly cilantro and Italian parsley.
- red wine vinegar – a splash to give this salad additional acidity.
- seasonings – some salt and maybe black pepper to taste.
- added prewashed fresh greens – from any salad mix you prefer.
- raspberry dressing – I used a bottle of organic Annie’s Lite Raspberry Vinaigrette. But you can use your favorite raspberry dressing with this recipe.
Easy Steps to Make Beets and Mango Salad…
1. Once you boil-peel-and-chop the beets, and then chop the mango, the rest is easy.
2. In a mixing bowl, toss everything together. Here is where you can chill the mixture for at least 30 minutes or more.
3. Then lay a bed of fresh greens on a plate or serving platter. Spoon the beets and mango over the greens. Drizzle over the salad with the remaining dressing in the bowl and serve.
4. This salad is best served chilled.
*Additional Quick NOTES…
- Chopped cooked beets with stay fresh for up to 4 days, when kept chilled.
- Mango on the other hand, if it is ripe, will only stay fresh for up to one or two days, once it is chopped and tossed into this salad.
- It is best to serve this salad within 24 hours.
Reasons to LOVE Beets…
- Beets are known to be superfoods!
- Cooked Beets are high in nutrients.
- Cooked Beets: 3.5-ounce (100g) Calories: 44, Protein: 1.7 grams, Fat: 0.2 grams, Fiber: 2 grams, Vitamin C: 6%, Folate: 20%, Vitamin B6: 3% Magnesium: 6%, Potassium: 9%, and Iron: 4%.
Reasons to LOVE Mango…
- Mango is not only low in calories but high in nutrients.
- It is also known to be a superfood.
- One Cup of Chopped Mango (165g) will provide: Calories: 99, Protein: 1.4 grams, Carbs: 24.7 grams, Fat: 0.6 grams, Dietary fiber: 2.6 grams, Copper: 20% Vitamin C: 67%, Folate: 18%, Vitamin B6: 11.6%, Vitamin A: 10%, Vitamin E: 9.7%, Vitamin B5: 6.5% Vitamin K: 6%, Niacin: 7%, Potassium: 6%, Riboflavin: 5%, Thiamine: 4% and Magnesium: 4%.
Eating healthy is a no-brainer.
We believe the key to health and balance is fueling your body with colorful foods that make you feel good. This is that kind of salad.
I bet your family and friends will devour this salad. And, after they take their first bite, they may even ask you for the recipe. 🙂
A delightful combination. It is fruity, delicious tasting, and loaded with nutrients. This is a great salad! Try this recipe, it won’t disappoint! 😉
And if you LOVE beets?
Finally, additional salads for you to enjoy…
- Healthy Apple Bok Choy Salad
- Arugula Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
- Favorite Greek Salad
- Fennel and Apple Salad
- Baby Arugula Watermelon Granola Salad
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 2 to 3 (small or medium) beets, boiled, peeled, and chopped
- 1 mango - peeled and cubed, or chopped
- 1 Tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro
- 1/2 Tbsp. fresh chopped Italian parsley
- 2.5 Tbsp. raspberry dressing ( I used organic Annie's Lite raspberry vinaigrette)
- salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- prewashed mixed greens
Cook the Beets:
- Cut off the stems and discard. On the stovetop, and in a medium saucepot, add water enough to cover the beets. Cover with a lid. Bring to boil and simmer for about 30 to 45 minutes or until beets are tender. I prefer them when a fork slides through easily. This step can be done the night before.
- Drain the beets and allow to cool for a few minutes, or run them under cold water to speed up the process. Peel off skins. Chop the beets into bite-size pieces. Toss them into a mixing bowl.
- Chill the beets for about 15 minutes, or pop them into your freezer to speed up the cooling process.
Make the Salad:
- Add all the remaining ingredients into the mixing bowl with the beets.
- Toss to combine. Taste, and adjust the salt to taste.
- Chill the beets and mango salad for at least 30 minutes.
When Ready to Serve:
- Lay a bed of fresh greens on a serving plate or platter. Spoon the beets and mango over the greens along with any remaining vinaigrette left behind in the bowl. Then serve.
- Serves 2 to 3 servings
Best to serve this salad the day you make it fresh.
Yield:2 to 3 servings
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 104Total Fat: ,6gCarbohydrates: 24.6gFiber: 3.5gSugar: 20.7gProtein: 2.4g