When you combine cooked beets with mango, fresh herbs, and a raspberry vinaigrette, served over healthy greens, you get a delicious tasting Beets and Mango Salad! Simple, and great-tasting, this salad is healthy and makes a great side to serve all summer long.
We love the salad season! And how often do we get to make a salad that contains fruit and veggies and is loaded with flavor and high nutrients?
You may already be familiar with our other veggie and fruit salads, like our Fennel and Apple Salad, Healthy Apple and Bok Choy Salad, and Baby Arugula Watermelon Granola Salad, just to name a few.
But when you combine beets with mango? They truly pair perfectly in this salad, and not to mention, it’s easy to make and guaranteed delicious tasting!
No need for any mayo or dairy in this salad.
For our Beets and Mango Salad…
Earthy beets along with a sweet-taste (and high nutrient-dense) of mango, are chopped and tossed with an already store-bought raspberry vinaigrette. Yep, it doesn’t get any easier than this ... oh but wait …it certainly can!
Don’t have time to cook or boil fresh beets?
No problem. You can now buy “already cooked beets” and they are even sliced for you. You can find them at Trader Joe’s, or in your freezer section of most supermarkets.
How to Make our Beets and Mango Salad?
For this recipe, you will need:
fresh beets or already cooked beets – about 2 to 3 small or medium-sized
mango – one ripe mango will suffice
red wine vinegar
prewashed fresh greens
raspberry dressing – I used organic Annie’s Lite Raspberry Vinaigrette (but you can use your favorite raspberry dressing with this recipe.
Easy steps to make our Beets and Mango Salad…
1. Once you boil-peel-and-chop the beets, and then chop the mango, the rest is easy.
2. In a mixing bowl, toss everything together. Here is where you can chill the mixture for at least 30 minutes or more.
3. Then lay a bed of fresh greens on a plate or serving platter. Spoon the beets and mango over the greens. Drizzle over the salad with the remaining dressing in the bowl and serve.
4. This salad is best served chilled.
Why do we love Beets and Mangos…
these both are known to be superfoods!
Cooked Beets are high in nutrients.
One 3.5-ounce (100g)of cooked beets: Calories: 44, Protein: 1.7 grams, Fat: 0.2 grams, Fiber: 2 grams, Vitamin C: 6%, Folate: 20%, Vitamin B6: 3% Magnesium: 6%, Potassium: 9%, and Iron: 4%.
Mango is not only low in calories but high in nutrients.
One cup of chopped mango (165g) will provide: Calories: 99, Protein: 1.4 grams, Carbs: 24.7 grams, Fat: 0.6 grams, Dietary fiber: 2.6 grams, Copper: 20% Vitamin C: 67%, Folate: 18%, Vitamin B6: 11.6%, Vitamin A: 10%, Vitamin E: 9.7%, Vitamin B5: 6.5% Vitamin K: 6%, Niacin: 7%, Potassium: 6%, Riboflavin: 5%, Thiamine: 4% and Magnesium: 4%.
What could be better?
We believe the key to health and balance is fueling your body with colorful foods that make you feel good. This is that kind of salad.
I bet your family and friends will devour this salad. And, after they take their first bite, they may even ask you for the recipe. 🙂
A delightful combination. It is fruity, delicious tasting, and healthy. This is a great salad! Try it.
Then try our Beet Spinach Protein Smoothie and our Healthy Beet Hummus!
Finally, more delicious salads for you to enjoy…
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 2 to 3 (small or medium) beets, boiled, peeled, and chopped
- 1 mango - peeled and cubed, or chopped
- 1 Tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro
- 1/2 Tbsp. fresh chopped Italian parsley
- 2.5 Tbsp. raspberry dressing ( I used organic Annie's Lite raspberry vinaigrette)
- salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- prewashed mixed greens
Cook the Beets:
- Cut off the stems and discard. On the stovetop, and in a medium saucepot, add water enough to cover the beets. Cover with a lid. Bring to boil and simmer for about 30 to 45 minutes or until beets are tender. I prefer them when a fork slides through easily. This step can be done the night before.
- Drain the beets and allow to cool for a few minutes, or run them under cold water to speed up the process. Peel off skins. Chop the beets into bite-size pieces. Toss them into a mixing bowl.
- Chill the beets for about 15 minutes, or pop them into your freezer to speed up the cooling process.
Make the Salad:
- Add all the remaining ingredients into the mixing bowl with the beets.
- Toss to combine. Taste, and adjust the salt to taste.
- Chill the beets and mango salad for at least 30 minutes.
When Ready to Serve:
- Lay a bed of fresh greens on a serving plate or platter. Spoon the beets and mango over the greens along with any remaining vinaigrette left behind in the bowl. Then serve.
- Serves 2 to 3 servings
Yield:2 to 3 servings
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 104Total Fat: ,6gCarbohydrates: 24.6gFiber: 3.5gSugar: 20.7gProtein: 2.4g
… Thanks for PINNING!
If you try any of our beets and mango salad, let us know and leave a comment with a star rating. We’d love to hear from you! It not only helps our readers who read them, but it helps us too.
For more delicious ideas and recipes, follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter.
Don’t forget to subscribe and enter your email address in our ‘Weekly Newsletter Box’ and get our recipes FREE every time we post a new recipe and reminders of great older ones too!
This recipe is original.
Stay tuned for more delicious recipes coming soon…
Happy and Healthy Cooking! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!
xo Anna and Liz