Baby Arugula Watermelon Granola Salad is a zesty, sweet and crunchy salad made with fresh baby arugula tossed with a simple red wine vinaigrette and topped with fresh cubed watermelon and bits of granola clusters. So yummy, you won’t be able to stop eating this salad once you start. It’s that good and amazingly addicting!
Quick, super easy and delicious!
Summer is here and there’s nothing better than eating a crisp cold salad like this one. I loved it for lunch or brunch, but it’s a terrific salad to serve all summer long.
The peppery arugula tastes amazingly delicious with a simple red wine vinegar. Then you add some chilled sweetness from watermelon bites and then some crunch with the granola.
Put them all together and you get this delicious and satisfying salad. Light, refreshing and very addicting.
To my surprise, I made this salad twice in a row for lunch this week just to try it with the addition of the feta cheese tossed in there. And I have to tell you, I preferred this Baby Arugula Watermelon Granola Salad without the cheese, whereas my sister Liz absolutely loved it with the cheese in there. Go figure.
If you try this Baby Arugula Watermelon Granola Salad, please leave a comment and let us know if you prefer it with the cheese added or not. We would like to hear what you think.
In the meantime, enjoy the day today! Hope you are spending the day at the beach or in the pool with family or friends.
Don’t forget to PIN it to your SALAD Board!!
Summer Salads are our favorite thing for lunch. You may also want to try:
Follow us on Instagram and Pinterest!! and thanks for stopping by!
xo Anna and Liz
- 3 ounces of baby arugula ( 3 cups packed)
- 1 ounce of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ounce of red wine vinegar
- sea salt & fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 slice of seedless watermelon - cubed
- 1 Tbsp. almond or vanilla granola
- Optional: 1 Tbsp. crumbled feta cheese or goat cheese
- First, rinse arugula and spin it dry. Transfer to a medium mixing bowl.
- Pour in the olive oil and red wine vinegar. Season with some sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Toss the arugula to combine well. The arugula should be well dressed.
- Transfer arugula to a serving platter or a medium size salad bowl.
- Top with cubed watermelon and granola and serve.
- Optional: You can also toss in some (about 1 tablespoon) crumbled feta or goat cheese on top but not too much, or it will over power and create an imbalance of flavors.
- Yields: 1 serving