Baby Arugula Watermelon Granola Salad is a zesty, sweet, and crunchy salad made with baby arugula tossed with a tangy vinaigrette and topped with cubed watermelon and bits of granola clusters. So yummy, you won’t be able to stop eating this salad once you start. It’s that good and amazingly addicting!
This refreshing watermelon salad is super easy, and delicious!
Summer is here and there’s nothing better than eating a crisp cold salad like this one. It’s perfect to serve for lunch or brunch, and it’s one you’ll want to serve all season long!
For this recipe I am sharing, I took inspiration from having a casual lunch one day at The Sanctuary Hotel on Kiawah Island, which is a private island located just south of Charleston, SC.
The fresh peppery flavor of arugula combined with a splash of red wine vinegar makes it even tastier. Then it’s even better when you add some sweetness with watermelon bites. As if that weren’t fabulous enough, it gets topped with crunchy vanilla flavored granola. YUM!
All together = TOTALLY DELICIOUS!!
It’s so darn good, you can’t stop eating it! A satisfying salad that is light and refreshing like this one – what could be better?!
Top this watermelon salad with some feta cheese for more flavor!
To my surprise, I made this salad twice in one week for lunch, just to try it with the addition of the feta cheese tossed in there.
And I have to tell you, I preferred this Baby Arugula Watermelon Granola Salad without the cheese, whereas my sister Liz absolutely loved it with the cheese in there. Go figure!
If you try our Baby Arugula Watermelon Granola Salad, please leave a comment and let us know if you prefer it with the addition of cheese. We’d love to hear from you.
In the meantime, enjoy your day! … and have a great week!
Don’t forget to PIN it to your SALAD Board!!
Summer Salads are wonderful for lunch and dinner! You might want to try some of these:
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 3 ounces of baby arugula ( 3 cups packed)
- 1 ounce of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ounce of red wine vinegar
- sea salt & fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 wedge of seedless watermelon - cubed
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla granola
- Optional: 1 Tbsp. crumbled feta cheese or goat cheese
- First, rinse arugula and spin it dry. Transfer to a medium mixing bowl.
- Pour in the olive oil and red wine vinegar. Season with some sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Toss the arugula to combine well. The arugula should be well dressed.
- Transfer arugula to a serving platter or a medium-size salad bowl.
- Top with cubed watermelon and granola and serve.
- Optional: You can also toss in some (about 1 tablespoon) crumbled feta or goat cheese on top but not too much, or it will overpower and create an imbalance of flavors.
- Yields: 1 to 2 servings
Serving Size:2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170