Watermelon Kiwi and Plum Cake. If you are planning a menu for a summer barbecue, or maybe Labor Day weekend, you may want to add something colorful, pretty, and refreshing to put on the dessert table. This watermelon, kiwi and plum cake may be just the thing!
It is simply made with fresh fruit sliced, cut into shapes, and layered to resemble a delicious cake.
So darn pretty!
A cake made with only fresh fruit is so cool, it makes a huge splash as soon as it hits the table!
Layers of sliced watermelon topped with layers of sliced kiwi, then topped with pieces of plum and one blueberry all designed in a floral arrangement creates this lovely centerpiece to add to your dessert table.
Best of all, it takes only minutes to assemble!
Watermelon Kiwi and Plum Cake is a lovely idea!
It’s an easy dessert that will impress all of your family and friends!
We love having something sweet and refreshing after every meal, and fresh fruit is always welcomed. What better way to serve a healthy dessert?
This watermelon cake is a much better and healthy alternative for people who have a sweet tooth.
Of course, we can’t take the credit for this cake. It was my daughter’s friend, Stephanie who made this awesome fruit “cake” and brought it over to serve as part of our dessert table.
Everyone loved it! She was so sweet! And, of course, every time we get excited about something new like this colorful watermelon kiwi and plum cake – we just had to share it with you!
Thanks again, Stephanie!
More Refreshing Ideas for Watermelon!
- 1/2 of a small seedless watermelon - quartered, and cut into 1/2 to 3/4-inch slices
- 3 kiwi's - peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch thick
- 3 to 4 plums - rinsed, cut into 6 to 8 slices each
- 1 blueberry
- Using a white dinner plate or serving plate.
- Arrange the first layer of watermelon slices into a pie shape onto the plate.
- Stack another three layers of watermelon slices on top and in the shape of a cake.
- Then top the watermelon with two or three layers of sliced kiwi. And lay them in a circular design.
- Next, arrange small slices of plum into a windmill as a "cake" topper, and garnish with a blueberry in the center of the windmill.
- Use the remaining plum slices to accent the dish, placing them around the perimeter of the cake. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Yields: 6 to 8
Thanks for Pinning!
If you make this watermelon kiwi and plum cake, let us know and leave a comment with a star rating! We’d love to hear from you. Sharing your insights and experiences helps everyone who reads them, and helps us too!
For more delicious recipes…
And, don’t forget to enter your email in our ‘Weekly Newsletter Box’ and be the first to get new recipes every time we post, and reminders of great older ones too!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Be Happy and Healthy! 🙂
xo Anna and Liz
Welcome! From Anna and Liz
We believe the kitchen is the center and the heart of the home. It is where we cook, eat, and unwind with family and friends, creating memorable traditions! Read more…
Sign Up For Our Email List
Something delicious for your inbox! Subscribe and join our email list and get all our recipes FREE!